✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ELIMINATION #5: MYLO XYLOTO

thetwinparadox

So now it is time to eliminate Coldplay's fifth LP, the controversial Mylo Xyloto. Hated by Oldplayers and revered by Newplayers, opinion is split over whether this is a good album. It's not my favorite album by any means but I like it. It's pretty cohesive despite some weak points and it's good fun even if the songs aren't the best. But which song is the best? It's time to begin the elimination process....

The contenders:

MX/Hurts Like Heaven

Paradise

Charlie Brown

Us Against the World

M.M.I.X./Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

Major Minus

U.F.O.

Princess of China

Up in Flames

A Hopeful Transmission/Don't Let It Break Your Heart

Up with the Birds

Christmas Lights

Moving to Mars

(The ABSOLUTE WORST thing about this era is the lack of b-sides :\ )

Well, I think I'm gonna surprise nobody and cast a vote for Princess of China. :P

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#SavePrincessOfChina ! VOTE UP IN FLAMES INSTEAD !

AND ON ANOTHER NOTE, HERE's AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL OF YOU WHO PLAY HERE REGULARLY:

WE HAVE AN ELIMINATION GAME WHERE WE ELIMINATE COLDPLAY'S SINGLES. THE GAME IS FUN BUT WE HAVE TOO FEW PEOPLE WHO PLAY IT REGULARLY. DO YOU WANNA JOIN IN AND PLAY ELIMINATION GAME ON COLDPLAY'S SINGLES ? HERE IS THE THREAD:

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/104834-***Coldplay-SINGLES-Elimination-Game***-let-s-single-out-the-best-single

I'm with I ran away, I vote for Up in Flames

Cant wait to see how this will play out! As much as I love the older stuff (AROBTTH is my favorite), MX is the first album (out of any band) I listened to start to finish and the first album I ever bought. My favorite song (MX/HLH) comes off this album, and if it wasn't for Paradise, I probably wouldn't be here, so I have some strong connections to MX....

Sorry but I'm going to have to let PoC go if we're voting for Up in Flames... I actually like that song.

Major Minus. I'll vote for it and keep voting for it until it goes out, unless I have to save either Paradise, Up With The Birds, U.F.O, ETIAW, or Us Against The World.

I almost hate this album, what a let down... Except for Moving To Mars, Major Minus and Up With The Birds you can eliminate what you want.

p.s. I noticed you put Christmas Lights, why don't you add Wedding Bells also? :)

ah, I vote for Princess Of China obviously

oh noes am I the only one who (kinda) likes up in flames?

I vote for Princess of China

I love Up in Flames! Why all the hate?

Although I do agree with @cp3176. I don't prefer Major Minus over most of the others. Just personal preference, it's not my favorite song.

#christmaslightsforthewin! LOL