✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ELIMINATION #5: MYLO XYLOTO

thetwinparadox

Are u serious...how in the world is MX the best album,Any other album other then GS would be better.And seriously go have another take on Major Minus...its the most creative and one of the only good songs in MX!

Agree haha.. the thing with Mx to me its that its just too simple...

Oohh ok.. it has a looots of elements... but loots of elements don't make the music complex or original. MX was an album design to be poppy/cheesy, easy. And it is.. but that is the thing that I don't like in there, and I believe that this is the same for many oldplayers here. Chris wanted to be that way.. an easy pop album. So its normal that some of here doesn't like this much MX cos cold didn't make a full album that is that cheesy or easy. Haha, but yeah its a good album.. but just that for me

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Up In Flames

Oh, if it weren't for that bland electronic drum tick-tocking over and over and over, I would want the song to last longer in this game. The melody, vocal delivery, and emotion are actually good in my opinion, but the drum pad really annoys me. Even most of GS utilizes it better.

Why is the song U.F.O actually called U.F.O ? Does anyone know ?

Give it another listen and pay attention to the lyrics ;)

I vote for up in flames to save UFO. I love UFO, one of my favs from mx. I think UFO is the one song that was left (mostly) untouched from the original acoustic version of lp5.

Up In Flames

Oh, if it weren't for that bland electronic drum tick-tocking over and over and over, I would want the song to last longer in this game. The melody, vocal delivery, and emotion are actually good in my opinion, but the drum pad really annoys me. Even most of GS utilizes it better.

This!!! That click track is one of the most annoying things Coldplay have ever done! And I rarely hate anything, let alone anything from Coldplay... :P But hearing that first click makes me skip straight through to the next song. It's so discordant, hearing that click track, them CM singing his heart out with so much emotion, ugh!

My vote for Up In Flames again.

I know the lyrics, still I find no direct connection to UFO there.

While the way I interpret it is that the song is about being inside a U.F.O. The lyrics at the end of the song gives me that image:

Bullets fly split the sky

But that’s alright sometimes sunlight comes streaming through the holes

I figured the "holes" referred to are the windows on the U.F.O. Also the verse that says "and that light hits your eyes" could be referring to a U.F.O. but that lines a lot more ambiguous imo. Maybe the U.F.O. is coming to abduct the person as they "row upstream" and then they end up inside it at the end of the song? Idk haha. Here's the lyrics if you want to check it out yourself: http://timeline.coldplay.com/lyrics/u-f-o/

Can we vote twice? If so, add another tally for up in flames.

Bullets fly, split the skies

But that's alright, sometimes sunlight comes streaming through the holes.

VERY rarely does Chris manage to express sentiments in prose so striking and elegant. Underrated tune.

Up in Flames

Does every song need a title related to/in the lyrics? :P What about Amsterdam, X&Y, The World Turned Upside Down, and Life in Technicolor? :P

X&Y has a double meaning: the first one is that X stands for female and Y for male genetically speaking, the second one is that stands for the unknown and you can interpretate Y as a question (why?), that reveals the uncertainty and the existentialism of the whole album.

The song is more related to the first, but in a way also to the second.

I think UFO was supposed to be a companion track to Moving to Mars. They flow together well in my opinion and the lyrics share a similar theme of going somewhere unknown and far away. If you place MTM on the album directly after Major Minus (its preceding track on the ETIAW EP), UFO comes next. Maybe they were meant to be together before MTM was cut from the tracklisting.