✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-02-07] Coldplay headlining Super Bowl 2016 - Confirmed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the record, I have nothing against PoC, I just wish they would play songs other than their poppy collabs

They will play clocks and probably yellow. I for one can't wait to see A Sky, Princess (if they play it) and Hymn. They will totally fit this occasion.

Songs like Birds and title track etc I can't wait to see in a proper live concert :)

Birds and title track etc I can't wait to see in a proper live concert

birds live for the win!!! can't wait! this is the longest we've had to wait to see half of the album performed live after it's release.

• Like 1

birds live for the win!!! can't wait! this is the longest we've had to wait to see half of the album performed live after it's release.

Yeah? Im still waiting for Ghost Stories *LOOL* I never did catch the few concerts they did then. But we have the live album so thats always something :)

Yeah? Im still waiting for Ghost Stories *LOOL* I never did catch the few concerts they did then. But we have the live album so thats always something :)

hahaa! i meant, in a streamed/broadcast sense of "live". we haven't seen a live performances of quite a few.

Rihanna isn't doing the Super Bowl,the ad shows the coin toss and she gets the Grammys

yep, my bet is she is not a part of it. she is doing other stuff in europe while beyonce was practicing for the super bowl at usc today. rumors about seeing chris there too, but no pics or videos of him.

yep, my bet is she is not a part of it. she is doing other stuff in europe while beyonce was practicing for the super bowl at usc today. rumors about seeing chris there too, but no pics or videos of him.

Yeah,I think she might get it herself next year. They've put a signal blocker around the stadium which stops anyone inside the area connecting to a service and uploading

Yeah,I think she might get it herself next year. They've put a signal blocker around the stadium which stops anyone inside the area connecting to a service and uploading

Hm,but one might still take mobile phone pics/videos and upload them later, right ?

• Like 1

I just hope all these collabs won't make it look like Coldplay is the backing band for Beyonce and Rihanna.

I'm afraid that is exactly what it will look like. It's almost like Pepsi isn't taking any "chances", haha and bringing in the others to placate the Coldplay haters! Just sayin'.

• Like 2

Will Coldplay announce the North American tour at the Super Bowl?

Yesterday we saw this article and tweeted about it. It is dated from December 3, but it was the first we saw of it

According to Forbes Magazine........

Will The Super Bowl Halftime Performance Spark Demand For Coldplay Tickets? History Says Yes

More than two months remain before Super Bowl 50 takes over Santa Clara, but it appears that halftime show plans are already being finalized. British rockers Coldplay will reportedly take the headlining slot during the lavish February 7 affair at Levi’s Stadium, which follows the release of their upcoming record, A Head Full of Dreams, just three days prior.

Much like their Super Bowl predecessors, Coldplay is expected to announce an extended U.S. tour leg in conjunction with their larger-than-life performance, and that will likely boost ticket demand in the process. Such was the the case for Bruno Mars in 2014, whose “Moonshine Jungle Tour” saw a massive spike in ticket prices following his well-received performance at Super Bowl XLVIII. Mars’ heralded act in New Jersey, which also featured a cameo by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, garnered so many positive reviews that ticket prices increased exponentially on the secondary ticket market, which may prove to be the same case for Coldplay when they reveal U.S. and Canadian dates.

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

Katy Perry experienced a similar effect following her Super Bowl XLIX performance in Arizona last year. The “Dark Horse” singer was in the midst of her “Prismatic” World Tour last February and had three legs in Europe, Asia and South America remaining through the end of the year. Ticket prices in Europe ballooned after she rocked University of Phoenix Stadium, giving further assurance that a knockout performance will allow Coldplay tickets to jump in price as well.

Coldplay won’t take the stage without a bevy of fellow A-list talent either, which is typically the case for these halftime performances. The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Mars will join the Brit rock band and may even be joined by Beyonce, who is featured on a track on Coldplay’s new record.

As of early December, South American and European dates are the only plans on Coldplay’s tour itinerary. The band has not toured North America proper since the “Mylo Xyloto” Tour in 2012. According to TiqIQ, the average secondary market price for tickets across that tour was $256.85. Their “Ghost Stories” Tour last year made just eight stops in the U.S. with many being “secret” shows announced day-of.

Link - http://www.forbes.com/sites/jesselawrence/2015/12/03/will-the-super-bowl-halftime-performance-spark-demand-for-coldplay-tickets-history-says-yes/#120ff3fe5b2c34d023105b2c

• Like 1

Will Coldplay announce the North American tour at the Super Bowl?

Yesterday we saw this article and tweeted about it. It is dated from December 3, but it was the first we saw of it

According to Forbes Magazine........

Will The Super Bowl Halftime Performance Spark Demand For Coldplay Tickets? History Says Yes

More than two months remain before Super Bowl 50 takes over Santa Clara, but it appears that halftime show plans are already being finalized. British rockers Coldplay will reportedly take the headlining slot during the lavish February 7 affair at Levi’s Stadium, which follows the release of their upcoming record, A Head Full of Dreams, just three days prior.

Much like their Super Bowl predecessors, Coldplay is expected to announce an extended U.S. tour leg in conjunction with their larger-than-life performance, and that will likely boost ticket demand in the process. Such was the the case for Bruno Mars in 2014, whose “Moonshine Jungle Tour” saw a massive spike in ticket prices following his well-received performance at Super Bowl XLVIII. Mars’ heralded act in New Jersey, which also featured a cameo by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, garnered so many positive reviews that ticket prices increased exponentially on the secondary ticket market, which may prove to be the same case for Coldplay when they reveal U.S. and Canadian dates.

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

Katy Perry experienced a similar effect following her Super Bowl XLIX performance in Arizona last year. The “Dark Horse” singer was in the midst of her “Prismatic” World Tour last February and had three legs in Europe, Asia and South America remaining through the end of the year. Ticket prices in Europe ballooned after she rocked University of Phoenix Stadium, giving further assurance that a knockout performance will allow Coldplay tickets to jump in price as well.

Coldplay won’t take the stage without a bevy of fellow A-list talent either, which is typically the case for these halftime performances. The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Mars will join the Brit rock band and may even be joined by Beyonce, who is featured on a track on Coldplay’s new record.

As of early December, South American and European dates are the only plans on Coldplay’s tour itinerary. The band has not toured North America proper since the “Mylo Xyloto” Tour in 2012. According to TiqIQ, the average secondary market price for tickets across that tour was $256.85. Their “Ghost Stories” Tour last year made just eight stops in the U.S. with many being “secret” shows announced day-of.

Link - http://www.forbes.com/sites/jesselawrence/2015/12/03/will-the-super-bowl-halftime-performance-spark-demand-for-coldplay-tickets-history-says-yes/#120ff3fe5b2c34d023105b2c

The only place I'm sure they might be at in the US is the rose bowl in Pasadena Ca (if you saw my last post) and I hope that this won't mess up ticket prices :(