✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-02-07] Coldplay headlining Super Bowl 2016 - Confirmed

Last year's Superbowl and the one from 2 years ago was boring. That's why I don't like Football. I was told that the Super Bowl from 2 years ago was more boring than usual.

Boring because of the game or commercials? Probably the game because the Broncos lost it in the first 5 seconds, so the whole game was just waiting for the Seahawks to win

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLY SHIT and Coldplay are getting 12!!!!

Yup!! The initial reaction to a lot of people here after Coldplay was announced to be the half time performer was "oh lord.. " etc etc but this is HUGE. I live in America and the Super Bowl is one of the best days of the year. I get invited to super bowl parties from people who don't even watch football!! It's all about getting together with your friends to drink, eat, watch funny commercials and enjoy the game. I'm so thankful we get to see Coldplay this time around!! I cannot wait!

• Like 1

I've never watched a football game in my life (mostly because in my region it's not very popular) but since I just moved to Mexico and because of Coldplay, I'll give it a try :D

Welcome to Mexico! And I guess you've realised that the Super Bowl has a big reception here. So, you won't miss it, there are plenty of channels that will broadcast it.

• Like 1

Welcome to Mexico! And I guess you've realised that the Super Bowl has a big reception here. So, you won't miss it, there are plenty of channels that will broadcast it.

Yup! Everyone's talking about the Superbowl. Really looking forward to it :D

Thanks for the welcome btw!:)

• Like 1

I heard the commercials are special for some reason...oh well I´ll catch it perhaps next year. This year I want to sleep *lol* Im counting on some great people posting the performance in HD online so we can all watch it the day after :D :D

All super bowl commercials are hilarious and pretty dumb. Honestly I think it was last year or the year before where there was a "doverwawa" (chiwawa mixed with a Doverman) [emoji23][emoji23] on insurance I think pretty weird stuff. Same with creepy goats attacking people for Doritos [emoji23] weirdest commercials you'll ever see. I think they're on YouTube

• Like 1

I like how there is a 6/1 chance of the crowd booing Coldplay....like I could actually see that happening

I bet there will be some people booing right at the beginning just because they know its gonna be "Coldplay"... but by the end the will have been silenced !

• Like 8

Hey! So I was just going thru the radio looking for a channel and came across a Spanish one (yes I am bilingual) and stayed in bc I heard Coldplay. I was like. Wow. Coldplay? As I kept listening, they were talking about the Super Bowl 50 saying that "oh coldplayyyyy??? Playing. I'm honestly not a fan. And not looking forward to it, that's so weird. This is out of place. Pass." As I stayed in tune (with kind of a curious face on what they'd keep exclaiming) another person on the station mentioned Beyoncé and Rihanna that that would be their only reason to watch. Then mentioned the 'new song with Beyoncé' hymn for the weekend. They said let's take a look (in a moody mean way) and I was listening to it with absolute joy, they automatically took their comments back. They said wow. Okay I am really gonna take a look at half time now, along with the others. Which automatically made me feel very proud. They liked it so much they put the song on the radio to play. This made my day (: NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE BEST BAND AKA COLDPLAY

• Like 6

Just some info for all the non-Americans.....I'm sure you know that the Super Bowl is a really huge event, but this will also show just how huge it is....The game is 6 days away, but all the pre-game festivities, interviews with team members, media coverage, etc have already started in Santa Clara.

• Like 1

You know.....us? :) I'm sure there will be a watching party in the SB thread :))

Oh yeah, well...my internet is not so quick so I bet the stream will be very crappy. Think I have to watch it outside or at least on the TV, but I only have a shared TV... :)

Oh yeah, well...my internet is not so quick so I bet the stream will be very crappy. Think I have to watch it outside or at least on the TV, but I only have a shared TV... :)

Ah yes I remember your living arrangements. Well book the TV time for you that day! :) tell your roommate to meet up with her boyfriend and go out hehe :p

since they are wasting away their lives in front of the TV every day I bet they are gonna watch the SB too, BUT...

1. that's not really the company you'd want

2. wouldn't it be weird if I sat there with my notebook on my knees typing frantically into a thread while watching it ? :D

since they are wasting away their lives in front of the TV every day I bet they are gonna watch the SB too, BUT...

1. that's not really the company you'd want

2. wouldn't it be weird if I sat there with my notebook on my knees typing frantically into a thread while watching it ? :D

Time to assert yourself LOL Tell them you´d like to reserve the TV for the halftime so you can watch it in peace (hence no chatter from them). Then sit firmly on that couch with your notebook on your knees and type away *LOL*