✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-02-07] Coldplay headlining Super Bowl 2016 - Confirmed

Hmm not sure its that atypical. There´s also Russian Roulette which resembles it. I find in general Rihanna songs quite melodic. For example I love both the songs she made with Eminem: I usually don't like straight hip hop but I find I do like the song if it has a melodic chorus hehe :)

Oh yeah the songs with Eminem are great to me too :)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't find Beyonce to be the best either but I do like "Halo".

Yes...melodic ! haha I love that song too. You know I do like some hip hop indeed but when it goes too full out rap and very little or insignificant melody it cant hold my attention or interest anymore.

• Like 1

Yes...melodic ! haha I love that song too. You know I do like some hip hop indeed but when it goes too full out rap and very little or insignificant melody it cant hold my attention or interest anymore.

Exactly, that's one Beyonce song I like (I think there was another one but I can't remember the name). And I like hip-hop if it has an actual melody but seriously one of my friends loves hip hop and he plays the satelite radio station one and like seriously they all sound the same, so freaking boring, no talent at all literally. I don't know how anyone could like a guy rapping on top of a fake drumbeat. Anyone can do that. It's nothing new, and it's boring, and there's barely and melody. The melodies they do have are very simple, 4-repeating notes melodies that never change. It's so boring, bland, and uninspired.

What is different: The halftime show will be broadcast in daylight hours, which presents lighting challenges. “Under the cover of darkness, you can use all kinds of theatrical tricks with the lighting—video and lasers,” Paine says. “In daylight, you have to figure out how to hide things.” Lighting director Bob Barnhart says he’s designed five completely different scenarios for the show, and will employ one based on the day’s weather. “Lighting doesn’t have a huge amount of artistic contribution this year.

Exactly what we have talked about before in this thread. I wonder if that takes anything away from how great it will look (i'm relatively sure it will). We have all seen huge stadiums being lit up with xylobands and are used to amazing lasers during clocks. Those things make a show extra special and produce an amazing atmosphere. This time, for the biggest show of them all, we don't have that. Not sure what to expect.

one of my friends loves hip hop and he plays the satelite radio station one and like seriously they all sound the same, so freaking boring, no talent at all literally. I don't know how anyone could like a guy rapping on top of a fake drumbeat. Anyone can do that. It's nothing new, and it's boring, and there's barely and melody. The melodies they do have are very simple, 4-repeating notes melodies that never change. It's so boring, bland, and uninspired.

Well...that it is boring to me I agree hehe But that anyone can do it? Im not sure. I think its an art to come up with words and rhymes and make them fit in such a way that you can sing them as hip hop. It does take some skill imo. But yeah I also find it quite boring, simply because you take the "music" out of music :)

Exactly what we have talked about before in this thread. I wonder if that takes anything away from how great it will look (i'm relatively sure it will). We have all seen huge stadiums being lit up with xylobands and are used to amazing lasers during clocks. Those things make a show extra special and produce an amazing atmosphere. This time, for the biggest show of them all, we don't have that. Not sure what to expect.

True, but looking at the colourful stage they are building and imagining the confetti they might use or other stuff, I think it has the potential still to be very colourful and entertaining.

• Like 1

Anyone can do that.

Well, it's actually not as easy as it looks and sounds. You need some practice to handle your breathing, flow and on beat ryhmes. If you have never done it, it will probably sound terrible bad the first time you try it (or maybe you are very talented).

Guest LiquidSky
hahaaa!

SHx92Gk0RUyPF1kp64jZ_!Hero%20(4).jpg

Beyoncé Finds Out She’s Only A “Special Guest” Of Coldplay At The Super Bowl

by Mike Scollins

Published January 08, 2016

Yesterday it was confirmed that Beyoncé herself will be joining Coldplay on stage for February’s Super Bowl Halftime Show.

This is the first Beyoncé is hearing that Coldplay will still be the headliner.

vk110NRpQQu6Kv4DJaDe_convo.jpg

This article was written by Mike Scollins who loves both Coldplay and Beyoncé. He’s really excited for the halftime show.

funny or die

uhhh o.O lol

Gustavo Dudamel and the Los Angeles Philharmonic's Youth Orchestra to Join Coldplay at Super Bowl Halftime Show

gustavo-800.jpg

Gustavo Dudamel

VERN EVANS/LA PHIL

BY MICHAEL MILLER

@write_miller

01/28/2016 AT 01:00 PM EST

The Youth Orchestra of Los Angeles, led by the LA Philharmonic music and artistic director Gustavo Dudamel, will join Coldplay during the Pepsi Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show.

"This is a wonderful honor and an extraordinary showcase for YOLA, as well as a tribute to youth orchestras worldwide," said Dudamel. "When we play, it will be for the youth of the world so they can be inspired to create both a better life for themselves and a better future."

Dudamel, a world renowned conductor, has built YOLA from the ground up, and through the program's partners, provides, "instruments, intensive music training, and academic support to more than 700 students from undeserved neighborhoods, empowering them to become vital citizens, leaders, and agents of change."

Since it was established in Fall of 2007, YOLA has grown to serve 700 students, ages 6-18, in South L.A., the Rampart District and East L.A.

Now, the children of the Youth Orchestra will have the opportunity to showcase their talents during the most watched musical event of the year. Last year alone, more than 118.5 million American viewers watched the show, marking the most-watched Halftime Show ever.

In addition to playing alongside the seven time Grammy Award-winning Coldplay, there's also a rumor Beyoncé could be joining the lineup.

The Super Bowl and Halftime Show will be broadcast worldwide Feb. 7 from Levi's Stadium in the San Francisco Bay area.

people

i think we are in for a weird treat! a youth orchestra, beyonce, bruno mars.. i really don't know what to expect and it is exciting :)

Orchestra....= violins hehe Now maybe I understand why Davide has been called to contribute for the Half Show. Maybe they are making special "orchestra" friendly arrangements of some of the songs? If so, I look forward to it! I love strings :)

• Like 1

Orchestra....= violins hehe Now maybe I understand why Davide has been called to contribute for the Half Show. Maybe they are making special "orchestra" friendly arrangements of some of the songs? If so, I look forward to it! I love strings :)

yeah me too! i was wondering about davide being involved. also, the orchestra shows that it won't go katy perry/beyonce poppy. not that i thought they would, but you never know what to expect out of such a commercialized, HUGE event.

[parsehtml]<embed src="http://www.cbsnews.com/common/video/cbsnews_video.swf" scale="noscale" salign="lt" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" background="#000000" width="620" height="387" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" FlashVars="pType=embed&si=254&pid=u0w5r6EQw_F2&uuid=c53bc0b8-61e8-4623-9fd4-24f2b6147257&url=http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/coldplays-chris-martin-on-super-bowl-gig/" /><div class='cbs-resources'><span class='cbs-more'>View More: </span><a href='http://www.cbsnews.com/live/' class='cbs-link'>Live News</a><span class='cbs-pipe'>|</span><a href='http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/' class='cbs-link'>More News Videos</a></div><style type='text/css'>.cbs-link {color:#4B5054;text-decoration:none; font: normal 12px Arial;}.cbs-link:hover {color:#A7COFF;text-decoration:none; font: normal 12px Arial;}.cbs-pipe {color:#303435;padding: 0 2px;}.cbs-resources {height:24px; background-color:#000; padding: 0 0 0 8px; width: 612px;}.cbs-more {font: normal 12px Arial; color: #4B5054; padding-right:2px;}</style>[/parsehtml]

Coldplay's Chris Martin on Super Bowl gig

JANUARY 28, 2016, 1:50 PM|In this preview of an interview to air on "Sunday Morning," Chris Martin talks to Anthony Mason about the pressure of his band headlining Super Bowl 50's halftime show, and the advice he got from halftime show veteran Bruce Springsteen.

cbs

• Like 3

but you never know what to expect out of such a commercialized, HUGE event.

Honestly I think Coldplay have a lot freedom to do what they want. I think the organisers are putting an emphasis on this being extra cool and extra impressive because its the 50th, but other than that, it will be a surprise to all what Coldplay prepare :) The only true restrictions I think are logistics because of the short time!

[parsehtml]<embed src="http://www.cbsnews.com/common/video/cbsnews_video.swf" scale="noscale" salign="lt" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" background="#000000" width="620" height="387" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" FlashVars="pType=embed&si=254&pid=u0w5r6EQw_F2&uuid=c53bc0b8-61e8-4623-9fd4-24f2b6147257&url=http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/coldplays-chris-martin-on-super-bowl-gig/" /><div class='cbs-resources'><span class='cbs-more'>View More: </span><a href='http://www.cbsnews.com/live/' class='cbs-link'>Live News</a><span class='cbs-pipe'>|</span><a href='http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/' class='cbs-link'>More News Videos</a></div><style type='text/css'>.cbs-link {color:#4B5054;text-decoration:none; font: normal 12px Arial;}.cbs-link:hover {color:#A7COFF;text-decoration:none; font: normal 12px Arial;}.cbs-pipe {color:#303435;padding: 0 2px;}.cbs-resources {height:24px; background-color:#000; padding: 0 0 0 8px; width: 612px;}.cbs-more {font: normal 12px Arial; color: #4B5054; padding-right:2px;}</style>[/parsehtml]Coldplay's Chris Martin on Super Bowl gig

JANUARY 28, 2016, 1:50 PM|In this preview of an interview to air on "Sunday Morning," Chris Martin talks to Anthony Mason about the pressure of his band headlining Super Bowl 50's halftime show, and the advice he got from halftime show veteran Bruce Springsteen.

cbs

*chuckles at Chris doing Bruce voice* God I love Chris...he´s always so funny and cheerful!

Exactly, that's one Beyonce song I like (I think there was another one but I can't remember the name). And I like hip-hop if it has an actual melody but seriously one of my friends loves hip hop and he plays the satelite radio station one and like seriously they all sound the same, so freaking boring, no talent at all literally. I don't know how anyone could like a guy rapping on top of a fake drumbeat. Anyone can do that. It's nothing new, and it's boring, and there's barely and melody. The melodies they do have are very simple, 4-repeating notes melodies that never change. It's so boring, bland, and uninspired.

Funny you brought up this song, this is actually written in full by Ryan Tedder from OneRepublic (they have their own version as well) so in essence it isn't even a 'real' Beyonce song ;)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE E1003 met Tapatalk

Ok, this has been asked many times on the other MB but this is a new one here so throw me some frigging bones :wink: My favourite song on the new album at the moment is the title track, closely followed by Politik, Clocks and Amsterdam........... although this is sure to change by tomorrow coz the whole fucking thing is fantastic innit? :P

[parsehtml]<embed src="http://www.cbsnews.com/common/video/cbsnews_video.swf" scale="noscale" salign="lt" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" background="#000000" width="620" height="387" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" FlashVars="pType=embed&si=254&pid=u0w5r6EQw_F2&uuid=c53bc0b8-61e8-4623-9fd4-24f2b6147257&url=http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/coldplays-chris-martin-on-super-bowl-gig/" /><div class='cbs-resources'><span class='cbs-more'>View More: </span><a href='http://www.cbsnews.com/live/' class='cbs-link'>Live News</a><span class='cbs-pipe'>|</span><a href='http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/' class='cbs-link'>More News Videos</a></div><style type='text/css'>.cbs-link {color:#4B5054;text-decoration:none; font: normal 12px Arial;}.cbs-link:hover {color:#A7COFF;text-decoration:none; font: normal 12px Arial;}.cbs-pipe {color:#303435;padding: 0 2px;}.cbs-resources {height:24px; background-color:#000; padding: 0 0 0 8px; width: 612px;}.cbs-more {font: normal 12px Arial; color: #4B5054; padding-right:2px;}</style>[/parsehtml]Coldplay's Chris Martin on Super Bowl gig

cbs

This is going to be amazing. Since I started following Coldplay I could see they always have great surprises for their fans and above all they are unpredictable. All I can expect is a fantastic performance!

Is anyone a bit nervous for the band? I am a little to be honest. Just because I know how many millions of people tune in to watch the game and halftime show. They're saying the number of people viewing the halftime show this year will break last years record. Plus, given the fact how many people like to voice their dislike for the band. I usually get nervous for their live television performances anyways, but this is the Super Bowl.

But while Im a little nervous, Im also very confident in the band at this point in their careers in pulling this off. I also know what a great live band they are and what great performers they are. I believe many people will be surprised by them. Im just wondering how the setlist is going to go and really how its all going to look like! I can't wait!

• Like 1