✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-02-07] Coldplay headlining Super Bowl 2016 - Confirmed

hahaa! loved will saying we don't really know much about it :) i'm sure there will be some people out there that will be offended even by this.

Great! I like how Will says "American football" because, you know, real football is played with the feet

• Like 2

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid that is exactly what it will look like. It's almost like Pepsi isn't taking any "chances", haha and bringing in the others to placate the Coldplay haters! Just sayin'.

I disagree. From what I understood from the Pepsi "diary", this Superbowl will be extra special so no wonder they are bringing their A game and as many big names as possible. And secondly from what I gathered its quite normal and usual for the Superbowl main artist to feature special guests.

Actually I think its telling that Superbowl asked Coldplay to feature in this very special occasion (50th Superbowl). Its an extra prestigious invitation.

And I read on twitter (Atlas project or others?) that Rihanna is rumoured to be a special guest? If it´s true, it will be absolutely memorable. Most probably the only time where both PoC and Hymn will be sung live with their original guest artists. I hope it will be so. I cant wait :dance:

hahaa! loved will saying we don't really know much about it :) i'm sure there will be some people out there that will be offended even by this.

Well those people would be pretty silly then :) American football like baseball are mostly american games, no wonder we dont know much about them here in Europe...Handball for example is pretty massive in Denmark, but my mum in Italy doesn't know anything about it hehe Different countries, different sport cultures.

• Like 1

And I read on twitter (Atlas project or others?) that Rihanna is rumoured to be a special guest? If it´s true, it will be absolutely memorable. Most probably the only time where both PoC and Hymn will be sung live with their original guest artists. I hope it will be so. I cant wait :dance:

*Insert that Steve Carell GIF here*

Great! I like how Will says "American football" because, you know, real football is played with the feet

+1 Needs to take Chris to a Southampton game (Preferably at Old Trafford on Saturday, when they get whopped :) )

EXCLUSIVE: Coldplay Preps for Epic Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show -- Go Behind the Scenes!

by Sophie Schillaci 4:51 PM PST, January 21, 2016

Only ET has an exclusive sneak peek at how the Super Bowl 50 Pepsi Halftime Show is all coming together, from production design to Coldplay's rehearsals.

"In an ideal world, we'd like to somehow honor the past, celebrate the present and look to the future," lead singer Chris Martin says. "I don't know how we're gonna do that, but we're gonna try our best."

WATCH: Beyonce Will Join Coldplay for Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show

As ET first reported, Beyonce is set to join the band on-stage during the set. Bruno Mars is also expected to join, while the show's production designer, Bruce Rodgers, hints at even more special guests.

"I think Super Bowl 50 is gonna be more special than maybe people realize," he says. "The way that the NFL is going to bring people into the halftime show is gonna be pretty high tech and very, very exciting."

But in the end, all the planning and preparations boils down to less than 10 minutes of set-up time at Levi's Stadium.

"It all just comes down to, you have seven and a half minutes," explains lighting designer Bob Barnhart. "We can come up with the greatest ideas in the world, but it's gotta get on the field in seven and a half minutes and it's gotta work. You're never ready."

READ: Coldplay Calls the Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show 'the Greatest Moment of Our Band's Life'

Performing in San Francisco creates its own set of unique challenges. According to the video, there's a 50 percent chance of rain expected on Super Bowl Sunday.

"Being such an exposed stadium that it is, the weather's a big factor. It adds more complexities than I could ever wish for," Barnhart says. "The people who say, 'Don't sweat the things you can't control' have never done the Super Bowl halftime show."

Rain or shine, Coldplay will take the stage during Super Bowl 50's Pepsi halftime show on Sunday, Feb. 7.

source

• Like 3

Is it the one of him yelling "No!!" ?

Oh ok. :) well if that's the case I need to find a gif that says "yeees !!" Lol

I was lucky enough to see PoC live with Rihanna and it was an absolute treat.

Whatever you think of their individual music both Rihanna and Beyonce are imo excellent vocalists so I for one certainly would jump at the thought of seeing them both at the SuperBowl with our boys :)

• Like 1

http://m.etonline.com/news/180575_exclusive_coldplay_preps_for_epic_super_bowl_50_halftime_show_go_behind_the_scenes/index.html

Wow, I really liked getting to see how they are getting ready for all the technical stuff like lights and sound and stage design! Even though a lot wasn't about Coldplay specifically, it was cool to hear all those stories of past years and how everything gets put together.

Also if the fans are rushing the stage during Viva, could we assume that that will be song #1?

• Like 3

EXCLUSIVE: Coldplay Preps for Epic Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show -- Go Behind the Scenes!

"In an ideal world, we'd like to somehow honor the past, celebrate the present and look to the future," lead singer Chris Martin says. "I don't know how we're gonna do that, but we're gonna try our best."

Is Chris referring to the songs they are going to play?

Something old → Viva La Vida

The current single →AOAL

The new one → HFTW

Oh ok. :) well if that's the case I need to find a gif that says "yeees !!" Lol

I was lucky enough to see PoC live with Rihanna and it was an absolute treat.

Whatever you think of their individual music both Rihanna and Beyonce are imo excellent vocalists so I for one certainly would jump at the thought of seeing them both at the SuperBowl with our boys :)

Exactly. Rihanna and Beyonce aren't nearly as bad as this community as a whole makes them out to be, especially Rihanna. Most of her music I actually find quite enjoyable actually, my favorites being "We Found Love", "Diamonds", and "Stay" (fun fact: didn't know that was by Rihanna before until someone refrenced something about it on these forums! I always found it a really good song.) Rihanna's one of the better pop artists.

but we're gonna try our best."

"I'll be doing my best, I'll see you soon":D

Exactly. Rihanna and Beyonce aren't nearly as bad as this community as a whole makes them out to be, especially Rihanna. Most of her music I actually find quite enjoyable actually, my favorites being "We Found Love", "Diamonds", and "Stay" (fun fact: didn't know that was by Rihanna before until someone refrenced something about it on these forums! I always found it a really good song.) Rihanna's one of the better pop artists.

"I'll be doing my best, I'll see you soon":D

"Diamonds" is a "Midnight City" ripoff

"Stay" (fun fact: didn't know that was by Rihanna before until someone refrenced something about it on these forums! I always found it a really good song.)

I love "Stay" a lot but to be fair, it is an untypical Rihanna song and not on the same level as her usual output. That said, POC is probably my second favorite song featuring Rihanna after "Stay".

• Like 1

Behind the scenes of Coldplay's Super Bowl

halftime show

From "theatrical tricks" to rumored guests (Beyoncé! Bruno!), insiders tease all the details about the most watched televised spectacle in America.

coldplay.jpg?itok=l7YXxnzP

Coldplay

Posted January 26 2016 — 9:49 AM EST

Coldplay are set to headline the 2016 Super Bowl halftime show—one of the biggest TV events of the year—in Santa Clara, Calif., on Feb. 7, and as the 2,500-person team behind the production prepares the set, costumes, design, and lighting, there’s one concept that director Hamish Hamilton keeps coming back to. “I think the buzzword will be involvement,” says Hamilton, who also helmed halftime shows for Katy Perry, Beyoncé, Madonna, and the Who. “They are a band that’s big on inclusion.” Supervising producer Rob Paine agrees: “All 70,000 people who will be there will hopefully be participating in the show.”

Related

beyonce-coldplay.jpg?itok=a7DCy0E5Beyonce may join Coldplay at Super Bowl halftime show

coldplay.jpg?itok=RTYOWFdeColdplay to perform at Super Bowl halftime show

Details about the show’s execution—and rumoredguests like Beyoncé (a guest singer on Coldplay’s new album A Head Full of Dreams) and Bruno Mars—are top secret. (Reps declined comment about either star’s involvement.) But Hamilton promises Coldplay will celebrate the event’s 50th anniversary in a big way. “The legacy of 50 Super Bowl halftimes will certainly be featured,” he says. “It may not be a literal thing, but you’re definitely going to get the sense of 50. [And] there are always guests. I don’t see why this show would be different.”

What is different: The halftime show will be broadcast in daylight hours, which presents lighting challenges. “Under the cover of darkness, you can use all kinds of theatrical tricks with the lighting—video and lasers,” Paine says. “In daylight, you have to figure out how to hide things.” Lighting director Bob Barnhart says he’s designed five completely different scenarios for the show, and will employ one based on the day’s weather. “Lighting doesn’t have a huge amount of artistic contribution this year.”

Coldplay begin rehearsals in earnest on Feb. 3, with only three days allotted for refining the production on the field, according to Paine. Needless to say, the pressure is on. As an industry source notes: “Doing the Super Bowl halftime show is one of the most intense and stressful performances an artist will ever do. The whole world is watching.”

ew

• Like 1

Most of her music I actually find quite enjoyable actually, my favorites being "We Found Love", "Diamonds", and "Stay" (fun fact: didn't know that was by Rihanna before until someone refrenced something about it on these forums! I always found it a really good song.) Rihanna's one of the better pop artists.

I like quite a few of her songs too! I cant say the same about Beyoncé though. I did listen to her latest albums but its just too much hip hop/not enough melody so it doesn't appeal to me. But her voice is fantastic so I cant wait to hear her perform HFTW live!

I love "Stay" a lot but to be fair, it is an untypical Rihanna song and not on the same level as her usual output. That said, POC is probably my second favorite song featuring Rihanna after "Stay".

Hmm not sure its that atypical. There´s also Russian Roulette which resembles it. I find in general Rihanna songs quite melodic. For example I love both the songs she made with Eminem: I usually don't like straight hip hop but I find I do like the song if it has a melodic chorus hehe :)

I like quite a few of her songs too! I cant say the same about Beyoncé though. I did listen to her latest albums but its just too much hip hop/not enough melody so it doesn't appeal to me. But her voice is fantastic so I cant wait to hear her perform HFTW live!

I don't find Beyonce to be the best either but I do like "Halo".