✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-02-07] Coldplay headlining Super Bowl 2016 - Confirmed

i know we've all been wondering about how much time coldplay will be allocated during the super bowl. we have some concrete timing information from a very highly reliable source at the stadium!

if you'd rather be surprised, feel free to skip the spoilers.

but if you want to know just the rough time allocation they get, take a look. again, this includes just the time allocations. no setlists or any other spoilers.

total show lasts a little over 12 minutes.

coldplay get to play for ~9.5 minutes.

the rest of the time is filled by the two guests in the middle.

beyonce has been rehearsing so far completely cutting out mic/backing. so maybe a new song?

• Like 2

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know we've all been wondering about how much time coldplay will be allocated during the super bowl. we have some concrete timing information from a very highly reliable source at the stadium!

if you'd rather be surprised, feel free to skip the spoilers.

but if you want to know just the rough time allocation they get, take a look. again, this includes just the time allocations. no setlists or any other spoilers.

total show lasts a little over 12 minutes.

coldplay get to play for ~9.5 minutes.

the rest of the time is filled by the two guests in the middle.

beyonce has been rehearsing so far completely cutting out mic/backing. so maybe a new song?

Thanks for sharing, but I want to be surprised. we're just two days away from the big event!

I couldn't find a Super Bowl thread in the "Live Appearances & Interviews" section and I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this but I saw a Coldplay tweet with usefull information about a Facebook page and the timings:

[ATTACH=full]3838[/ATTACH]

FB: http://cldp.ly/SB50HTontv

[ATTACH=full]3839[/ATTACH]

Timings: http://cldp.ly/SB50HTtime

[ATTACH=full]3840[/ATTACH]

• Like 1

It's not just about the culture of a specific country. People who doesn't know Chris will take his words too seriously, and that represents the majority of people. I guess that's why we see people saying "if they don't know anything about football, why are they playing the halftime show?"

Oh yes his self deprecating humor can be misunderstood everywhere but while I was watching the press conference I was thinking "oh no Chris this is probably the worst occasion and the worst audience for you to start being all humble...it will be misunderstood". Culturally America is the place where people are absolutely least ashamed of celebrating their success and capabilities is what I meant. And SuperBowl being a gargantuan deal it requires even more confidence.

They looked to be a bit out of their depth imo when they are absolutely capable of pulling this off. I just wish for this one time they could just say "yes it's gonna be a blast and we'll put on an amazing show!" Them sitting there and being all humble is likely to just fuel the skepticism and dissent the media already promotes :-/

What dawned on me listening to the interview snippet was Beyoncé is there to represent the Past, as Chris says. So it makes sense that she not be there to do HFTW.

Yes good point! Sadly this is gonna mean we'll probably have to sit through a Beyoncé song, not a Coldplay song feat Beyonce. I hope I'm wrong.

I find it kind of strange too but I'm getting the feeling the band only wants to play what people know. Remember, they are playing in America and I think they rather play songs everyone can sing along to rather than play a new single. I am curious what we're going to get from Beyoncé though...

True. But they are apparently selling out stadiums already now in the USA so I'm thinking they should not be afraid to play the new songs, get the obvious promotion that comes from a show like this. Others have done it in the past (I.e. Madonna for example)

To be dutiful Im watching past halftimes, now just watching Beyoncé and maybe I just don't get it..but I don't see whats so special about it? She is putting up her show, dancing and all that and singing her hits I presume (I really confirmed I don't like her music for the most part haha). I mean its a good show for those who like her...but why do Coldplay and others say its amazing memorable and whatnot? And the last part with her kissing Obama and all that.. just......well, downright weird. It seems like she really believes she is royalty or something? *LOL*

In the new Coldplay Messenger mail there is also this link to find out where it will be broadcasted:

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/50/live/foreign-language-broadcasts

I've managed to get a free day on monday so I can be a night owl. :)

It's about time to figure out how I can watch this, but this link is giving me a Belgian channel that I've even never heard about...

I've managed to get a free day on monday so I can be a night owl. :)

It's about time to figure out how I can watch this, but this link is giving me a Belgian channel that I've even never heard about...

Maybe its a "pay" channel? Like Sky or something? Denmark is not even on the list...no broadcast here except in the cinema.

Watching Bruno Mars show now (I´d never even heard of him really prior to Coldplay Super Bowl thing). So far more R&B stuff...not sure how or why that has such a wide appeal. I never really liked how not melodic it all is...But its another bunch of people (guys this time) dancing around and singing and Red Hot Chili Peppers who have yet to discover the t-shirt :laugh3::laugh4:...

Come on Coldplay can put up a 10X better show than this (and without showing off Will biceps even LOL) What with all the confetti, xylobands and whatnot! Pffff.....honestly :nod::phu::pleased:

Edit: At last Uptown Funk sounds like a decent fun song :)

Maybe its a "pay" channel? Like Sky or something? Denmark is not even on the list...no broadcast here except in the cinema.

Yes, I've found out what it is and I don't have it on my tv.

Will do some search work this evening.

Question for the mods: can someone make a thread for this in the Live section.

Could be a more convenient place to put all the info.