✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-02-07] Coldplay headlining Super Bowl 2016 - Confirmed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, not sure if this halftime will live up to the others. It doesn't seem like Chris will be moving around much. That stage looks so small. Katy Perry's performance had so many special effects and the set design theme moved with the song. It would really cool if Chris dressed as a king in VLV. Or if Chris was on a moving piano like Bruno Mars and his moving drums.

Watching Greatest Halftime Shows on CBS now. Ending with Beyoncé, now Bruno then Coldplay in rehearsal. Featured U2 after 9/11 with the

banner of victims scrolling up to the ceiling. Epic. Prince singing Purple Rain in 2007 in the pouring rain another special memory. Can't believe Coldplay is just now joining these ranks. Long overdue!! This is their time and they are going to do nothing less than WOW!! They will be the greatest of the greatest!!

• Like 2

so according to the source inside the stadium, the final dress rehearsal was today and this time, beyonce's rehearsal was with sound.

and she is premiering a new song (unfortunately).

Oh. Damn it. This show is probably going to be the same format as the halftime show that had Shania Twain, No Doubt and Sting.

so according to the source inside the stadium, the final dress rehearsal was today and this time, beyonce's rehearsal was with sound.

are you kidding me?! Ugh, that's so distasteful.

Damn you coldplay for being so nice and letting her do that! :angry: They should've diva'ed-up and not let her steal their limelight :gorgeous:

• Like 4

You know what, all this Beyonce and BM hype and arrogance is annoying me a little bit.

If you like those two, you should better not read the rest of this post. It may be a harsh opinion, but it is my opinion.

For me, acts like these represent the most shallow, commercial and stupid part of the current music business. As much as I don't like Coldplay's recent direction they are still far away from being that superficial and they are a lot more decent and humble than these self-styled pop kings and queens who either need scantily clad women dancing around them or can only sell their music by stripping off themselves in their music videos and stage performances. In other words, Coldplay are miles better and more sophisticated than these acts, even in their most ape-incarnating moments. Apparently too sophisticated, and too sincere and earnest for all those people complaining that it's not gonna be a real half-time show because they are "lame" and who really believe only the likes of Bey or BM can save it. I don't know how it's in other countries, but most of America seems to think that way and its plain annoying.

I've been considering exceptionally wearing a Coldplay button on SuperBowl Sunday... for since yesterday I am the proud owner of my very first Coldplay button, thanks to @iamsue !!! (but that's another story and I will soon post it in the Santa thread) :)

• Like 8

You know what, all this Beyonce and BM hype and arrogance is annoying me a little bit.

If you like those two, you should better not read the rest of this post. It may be a harsh opinion, but it is my opinion.

For me, acts like these represent the most shallow, commercial and stupid part of the current music business. As much as I don't like Coldplay's recent direction they are still far away from being that superficial and they are a lot more decent and humble than these self-styled pop kings and queens who either need scantily clad women dancing around them or can only sell their music by stripping off themselves in their music videos and stage performances. In other words, Coldplay are miles better and more sophisticated than these acts, even in their most ape-incarnating moments. Apparently too sophisticated, and too sincere and earnest for all those people complaining that it's not gonna be a real half-time show because they are "lame" and who really believe only the likes of Bey or BM can save it. I don't know how it's in other countries, but most of America seems to think that way and its plain annoying.

I've been considering exceptionally wearing a Coldplay button on SuperBowl Sunday... for since yesterday I am the proud owner of my very first Coldplay button, thanks to @iamsue !!! (but that's another story and I will soon post it in the Santa thread) :)

I don't really care for Bruno, but I don't really recall him stripping himself on any music videos haha:D Joking aside, I agree. It seems people are only interested in seeing big, extravagant acts and don't care about the actual music. Which I guess is fair if they're just looking to be entertained, but still. Give Coldplay a chance people!

• Like 1

My theory as to why "the other two" are in the halftime show is that Pepsi thought that Coldplay wouldn't attract as many viewers as previous halftime shows, and that they persuaded them with including special guests. Because if they're not doing Hymn for the Weekend, there's no reason for Beyoncé (or Bruno) to be there. Both artists already did their halftime shows, and they were great. Just let Coldplay do their thing on their own.

• Like 1

Why is Coldplay giving the biggest performance of their entire career to Beyonce???? The next day the only thing people will say is Beyonce was perfect, her new song is fantastic, she was flawless and the British band was good. I will never understand this! :angry:

• Like 4

full rehearsal video

[parsehtml]<iframe width="476" height="270" src="http://abc7news.com/video/embed/?pid=1189293" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/parsehtml]mobile link

That's a quick transition, at least four songs in four minutes. Something - Viva - Something - AOAL

I'm really hoping Coldplay opens, throws to Bey and Bruno, then comes back to close it out.