✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-02-07] Coldplay headlining Super Bowl 2016 - Confirmed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my freaking goodness. I just listened to Formation and this is much, much worse than any other Beyonce song I have heard so far ! That's not even music, it's like spoken words over simple beats and shaking butts and legs. So Coldplay is gonna be backing band for this shit ? HUGE dislike.

The good part may be that this abomination of music will stand in stark contrast with some of the best most amazing Coldplay music ever made. Imagine this sadness to the ears sandwiched between I don't know a Viva and a Clocks/Fix you. LOL

If I were Beyoncé I'd be embarrassed not only because the new single is staggeringly well devoid of music and I don't know how it can ever fit in Coldplay show but also because of Chris comments about it being tasteless to play a new single. Then again I don't think she stops long enough to even be self conscious of anything other than her "tiara" loool

Nothing is making any sense at all, let's talk, let's taaaaaaalk, let's talk, let's taaaaaaaaaalk !

LOL imagine if all of us were in the same room watching this together live. Imagine the scene when Beyoncé starts singing this. Our faces... Oh god haha

The good part may be that this abomination of music will stand in stark contrast with some of the best most amazing Coldplay music ever made. Imagine this sadness to the ears sandwiched between I don't know a Viva and a Clocks/Fix you. LOL

If I were Beyoncé I'd be embarrassed not only because the new single is staggeringly well devoid of music and I don't know how it can ever fit in Coldplay show but also because of Chris comments about it being tasteless to play a new single. Then again I don't think she stops long enough to even be self conscious of anything other than her "tiara" loool

LOL imagine if all of us were in the same room watching this together live. Imagine the scene when Beyoncé starts singing this. Our faces... Oh god haha

Glad you agree with me on "Formation" !

If we Coldplayers were in the same room, yes....but to the American TV masses it's gonna be the other way round. And I expect tmr's newspapers to be full of Beyonces new single debut instead of the Coldplay performance.

I have "reserved" our TV for this evening. My roommate and her boyfriend said they might watch it here or go out. (I really hope they go out so I don't have to spend the evening with them....)

Btw I recently heard her listening to a Bieber playlist and I'm afraid she would be of the Beyonce crowd :D

We've been talking about this in the Coldplaying HQ for the past few hours, does anyone else think that this is a Beyonce show and not Coldplay?

The show may still belong to Coldplay time and theme-wise but yeah I don't think there is a chance they won't be instantly overshadowed by Beyoncé premiering a new single. I have no idea what the promoters were thinking. If they wanted Beyoncé they could just have invited her instead.

Also there seems to be a gross miscommunication or misunderstanding going on when Chris doesn't want to play the obvious choice ,Hymn, but then Beyoncé comes on to promote her own single during their show. I have no idea how anyone can see this as anything other than grossly disrespectful.

Glad you agree with me on "Formation" !

If we Coldplayers were in the same room, yes....but to the American TV masses it's gonna be the other way round. And I expect tmr's newspapers to be full of Beyonces new single debut instead of the Coldplay performance.

I have "reserved" our TV for this evening. My roommate and her boyfriend said they might watch it here or go out. (I really hope they go out so I don't have to spend the evening with them....)

Btw I recently heard her listening to a Bieber playlist and I'm afraid she would be of the Beyonce crowd :D

Glad you "reserved" the tv. Well done! Hehe

Hard to disagree that Formation is not a song: it's words rap on a beat. So at best a rap song with no melody at all? Regardless it does literally hurt my ears. I respect all who love this but I can't see how it can ever fit in a Coldplay show...

The show may still belong to Coldplay time and theme-wise but yeah I don't think there is a chance they won't be instantly overshadowed by Beyoncé premiering a new single. I have no idea what the promoters were thinking. If they wanted Beyoncé they could just have invited her instead.

Also there seems to be a gross miscommunication or misunderstanding going on when Chris doesn't want to play the obvious choice ,Hymn, but then Beyoncé comes on to promote her own single during their show. I have no idea how anyone can see this as anything other than grossly disrespectful.

That's how I see it as well, first i was actually ok with beyonce joining them because I thought they'd sing hymn for the weekend together, but I don't see how formation could ever fit into a coldplay show... :(

• Like 2

Are we 100% sure that the Super Bowl will be broadcasted on BBC 2?

It is in the list of channels that are going to broadcast it.

For Portugal --> SPORT.TV2

Will I be able to watch it here?

I suppose so, but I don't know if you have a tv license to watch it.

The football is starting around 00:30 CET, so you have about a hour time for the Halftime show to see if it's available on that channel.

Guest diogo_sg
It is in the list of channels that are going to broadcast it.

For Portugal --> SPORT.TV2

Thanks. I'll try that one, then.

The only problem is that I don't have that channel and the online streams are really bad.

I suppose so, but I don't know if you have a tv license to watch it.

The football is starting around 00:30 CET, so you have about a hour time for the Halftime show to see if it's available on that channel.

Yeah, I'll do that. Thanks.

• Administrators
I read this on http://www.coldplaying.com/coldplays-super-bowl-halftime-show-information/

"We will have a livestream available on this page before the event starts where you can stream it to your device of choice!"

@steven: is this going to be the Coldplaying webstream that you used before?

Yes! Closer to the event I will notify everyone of a livestream where you can watch the show!

• Like 5

Wow. This coming from the freaking British BBC??? I'm speechless. They are not even loyal to their own. But sadly nothing new here.

BBC? Really? Putting Bey first, not even mentioning Coldplay? Their most loyal and played band? Wtf?

(And this is coming from a TV Channel who used O (Fly On) on one of their shows, among all the singles)

• Like 1

Enough with the cynicism! I'm ready to indulge. If the world doesn't like the 9.5 minutes and only Beyonce so be it.

I think we will be pleasantly surprised. Or at least I'll enjoy it.

Wonder what they'll finish with? Up & Up (reduced)? ETIAW? Should be exciting. I feel like Yellow is going to start.

Any chance they'll pull like a Coldplay timeline through their medley (Yellow, Clocks -> Fix You, [break for BM], Viva La Vida, Paradise [break for Beyonce], AOAL -> Up&Up)

• Like 1