✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-02-07] Coldplay headlining Super Bowl 2016 - Confirmed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just in! My daughter heard me playing HFTW just now and excitedly said, "They're playing that on the Super bowl tonight. I heard it on the news!" I did my best to get more info from her on what exactly she heard, but the details were sketchy at best. She's only 8, loves this song and probably just heard what she wanted to hear. Probably not the most reliable source, but it gave me hope for a minute. :laugh4:

• Like 1

You know what ? This day is special. Tonight, there will be no Newplayers and Oldplayers.

Tonight, for 12 minutes, we will all be Coldplayers.

I Ran Away, that is a beautiful sentiment! It's like this forum is our own big SB50 Listening Party!!

• Like 1

This just in! My daughter heard me playing HFTW just now and excitedly said, "They're playing that on the Super bowl tonight. I heard it on the news!" I did my best to get more info from her on what exactly she heard, but the details were sketchy at best. She's only 8, loves this song and probably just heard what she wanted to hear. Probably not the most reliable source, but it gave me hope for a minute. :laugh4:

I've read the same thing in different news sources, but they could just be not very well informed...

I guess we'll see what will happen in just a few hours!

Song wise we've had the following "confirmed": (Spoilers)

1) Viva La Vida (Pepsi Video)

2) Adventure of a Lifetime (Every Promo)

3) Clocks > Fix You (Pepsi Video)

4) Paradise (Pepsi Video)

A) Beyonce "song"

B) Uptown Funk (Presser)

Rumored Songs

1) Up & Up (sort of in the video but not confirmed)

2) Yellow (hasn't been discussed... but pretty iconic)

Did I miss any rumors?

Which video had Up&Up in it? Thanks! I really hope they play it!

Coldplay ‏@coldplay

Want to watch today's #SB50SB50.png #PepsiHalftimePepsiHalftime.png show? Broadcasters http://cldp.ly/SB50ww

Time of show where you are http://cldp.ly/SB50HTtime A

Anchorman doing our job :lol:

So there's a worldwide clock thing, and a list of worldwide broadcasters from the NFL website. The list is pretty damn huge so I'll let you visit the website :lol: :nice:

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg

What about ASFOS? I think I 'saw' it being played in that rehearsal video (the one with no audio).

You know what ? This day is special. Tonight, there will be no Newplayers and Oldplayers.

Shouldn't it be like that all the time?

I might have missed something in this thread, but are we only assuming that Bey will perform her new "song" or is this confirmed? Still hoping she only dropped it to create hype, but might not perform it.

Coldplay themselves tweeted that it will be performed. :(

Of course! At the end we are a big community of fans, like a big family! If we don't show off our pride and recognise how awesome Coldplay is, who will do it then? The rest of the world will discover something we already know!

Just watched the Formation video. Is it me or did she mention Coldplay? I get where this video is coming from, living in the land of police shootings and Black Lives Matter campaigns. She's celebrating her heritage and that is everyone's right. It is catchy, but not my thing at all. It is a huge mis-match for Coldplay, but I can see it flowing from Uptown Funk.

• Like 1

Another thing I saw on Twitter: Two polls about who you most want to see of the halftime performers. Sadly, Coldplay came in distant third on one and second on the other. BUT you have to consider who's doing the polls. Sorry but I don't know how to copy the Twitter links or shots here on mobile.

Is it me or did she mention Coldplay

Where ?

This political message is very, very important, but it a) deserves a better song and b) arguably here I think it is more or less used by Beyonce to profile herself. Beyonce is a powerful person in the US. Imho she could do more than put that message in the video for a "song"....

• Like 1

Where ?

This political message is very, very important, but it a) deserves a better song and b) arguably here I think it is more or less used by Beyonce to profile herself. Beyonce is a powerful person in the US. Imho she could do more than put that message in the video for a "song"....

Listen at 4:00-4:02 where she is in the dance line and repeats "I play, I play, Beyoncé, Coldplay????"

Another thing I saw on Twitter: Two polls about who you most want to see of the halftime performers. Sadly, Coldplay came in distant third on one and second on the other. BUT you have to consider who's doing the polls. Sorry but I don't know how to copy the Twitter links or shots here on mobile.

Honestly, i couldn't care less about how excited or not people are to see coldplay. We are all excited and ready to go, thats all that matters.

Sent via Tapatalk

• Like 1