✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-02-07] Coldplay headlining Super Bowl 2016 - Confirmed

I have a feeling neither will happen.. Apparently there will be a surprise relating to Beyoncé but I'm really predicting she will be participating in a Coldplay classic... Maybe Clocks? Lol.

If neither will happen then they would certainly be free of an embarrassing situation. Rumours continue to be that she will debut a new song though, apparently the title has been floating around too....We shall see. I still fear she will not only debut a new single but also sing along in Up&Up, thus confirming my fear/theory that Hymn was dropped out of pressure from CA crowd. This SB is one topic in which I constantly hope to be wrong ! :)

And Beyonce singing Clocks? Whats next? Rihanna guesting to help with Fix You vocals? Common sense has left the building *LOL*

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe Beyoncé and Mars are going to dance in AOAL

If only they would keep that monkey suit on throughout all the 12 minutes, so we can listen to Coldplay alone *LOL*

But I did read about a rumour of Beyonce and Bruno dance "duel" or something like that...

• Like 3

If neither will happen then they would certainly be free of an embarrassing situation. Rumours continue to be that she will debut a new song though, apparently the title has been floating around too....We shall see. I still fear she will not only debut a new single but also sing along in Up&Up, thus confirming my fear/theory that Hymn was dropped out of pressure from CA crowd. This SB is one topic in which I constantly hope to be wrong ! :)

And Beyonce singing Clocks? Whats next? Rihanna guesting to help with Fix You vocals? Common sense has left the building *LOL*

Only reason why I mentioned Beyoncé and Clocks is because of that photo that was floating around here a week or two ago that included Beyoncé and Clocks. Who knows what will happen, let's just wait til tomorrow!!

so according to the source, the band are being themselves and the show is true to who they are. not the extravagant, over the top, pop variety show. and let's be honest, knowing that beyonce is debuting a new song before hand prepares you to enjoy the coldplay show better, doesn't it? i for one am glad to know this :)

Well Adventure Of A Lifetime, Paradise, and Viva La Vida are confirmed. Let's see what else they do.

If I had it my way I'd do:

Viva

Clocks (w/ Bruno)

Hymn (w/ Beyonce)

Fix You

And insane production all around.

I like this setlist. I´d add Up&Up in the end with a massive sing along !

• Like 1

so according to the source, the band are being themselves and the show is true to who they are. not the extravagant, over the top, pop variety show. and let's be honest, knowing that beyonce is debuting a new song before hand prepares you to enjoy the coldplay show better, doesn't it? i for one am glad to know this :)

Kind of. At least it makes me angry today and not tomorrow after the show. That's not the kind of surprises we're waiting for.

Kind of. At least it makes me angry today and not tomorrow after the show. That's not the kind of surprises we're waiting for.

that's exactly what i meant :) i'll be calmer and expecting beyonce to steal the thunder. so better mindset to enjoy coldplay.

Only reason why I mentioned Beyoncé and Clocks is because of that photo that was floating around here a week or two ago that included Beyoncé and Clocks. Who knows what will happen, let's just wait til tomorrow!!

Agreed! There was a screen shot from one of the Pepsi behind the scenes thing where It said "Song 5: Clocks / Beyonce / Uptown Funk" so I think it's pretty safe to say Clocks and Uptown Funk are confirmed - well unless that was a preliminary discussion session on what the setlist might be. This could also be the finale...

You know what, all this Beyonce and BM hype and arrogance is annoying me a little bit.

If you like those two, you should better not read the rest of this post. It may be a harsh opinion, but it is my opinion.

For me, acts like these represent the most shallow, commercial and stupid part of the current music business. As much as I don't like Coldplay's recent direction they are still far away from being that superficial and they are a lot more decent and humble than these self-styled pop kings and queens who either need scantily clad women dancing around them or can only sell their music by stripping off themselves in their music videos and stage performances. In other words, Coldplay are miles better and more sophisticated than these acts, even in their most ape-incarnating moments. Apparently too sophisticated, and too sincere and earnest for all those people complaining that it's not gonna be a real half-time show because they are "lame" and who really believe only the likes of Bey or BM can save it. I don't know how it's in other countries, but most of America seems to think that way and its plain annoying.

I've been considering exceptionally wearing a Coldplay button on SuperBowl Sunday... for since yesterday I am the proud owner of my very first Coldplay button, thanks to @iamsue !!! (but that's another story and I will soon post it in the Santa thread) :)

Amen I ran away...couldnt agree more

i am fully aware of B and B success and all that, but honestly call me oldy oldplayer or granny or ...whatever...but I do know Drunk in Love song great video and music.... and maybe that famous single ladies song...and THAT IS IT! OOOPSS....maybe 'cos i don't have girls, but little boys in my house and some other kind of music is playing around my house...and Bruno? well i guess he is new Michael Jackson item in music cruel industry...so... :D i respect them both as human beings and artists, but....but if this is coldplays wish and vision of this show than it's ok with me

and for PR advises...hmm, well, if i would be their pr adviser i would suggest the same... dO nOT PLAY hYMN...Why?

well for sure not really just 'cos is out recently..oh nooo honey, it's much more than that...trust me :D

'cos of the whole buzz about it and they being criticized about the whole thing, indian how they say appropriation?! right....

this super show being in usa and broadcasting in more than who knows how many countries and more than 100 million people watching it...if get what i'm trying to say, nobody form pepsi, super ball or sport and music industry DO NOT NEED SUCH A BUZZ..or APPROPRIATION?! NOT A MOMENT TO TAKE A RISK OF THIS KIND....you know elections, orange retarded Trump and all that... :DDD

ahhhhh PR, PR, PR will kill us all one day...just kidding :D

well good thing in bad thing is huge number of viewers of Hymn video. more than 27m someone said?! right?

;)

dirty? i wouldn't call this dirty ;) or explicit lyrics ?! ohhh c'mon! maybe B is just trying to be something like this (sorry mia no offence... u r the Queen mia)

lyrics I call explicit....

I'm so tangy, people call me Matangi

Goddess of word, bitches I'm a keep it banging

Truth is like a rotten tooth, you gotta spit it out!

Let the bottom two, let my wisdom work it out

Big on the underground, can't knock me down

Vicki Leekx bitches, better buy it on demand

I Sleep in my tent and then I stand by it too

I can say lots with a little words or few like

Adam had 'em, yeh, me, the madame

I'll introduce you to the d-d-dem-dems..........

(and so on, so on... recommend read it full)