✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-02-07] Coldplay headlining Super Bowl 2016 - Confirmed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
Yes of course. I thought it had been officially released, which of course is unlikely as they want to keep it as a surprise! Nice you came here with some hints then, thanks! :D

The opening and closing tracks are super surprising, nobody has guessed them yet!

• Like 1

Dear Jedi Leo this one goes just for you...trust them (to coldplay) as yopu did so far...it's going to be great...look just for you ;)

i believe this would be kind a message from them to the world..and i am happy <3

Well Imagine is a great song, no complains there for the dedication haha

I never once have doubted and will ever doubt that Coldplay will put up an amazing show. I´ve been to enough Coldplay shows to know and see first hand how professional and amazing they are. No, my big disappointment is that they are not allowed their proper space as Super Bowl 2016 featured artists, that they have conceded so much to "guest appearances", caved in to CA complaints which are likely to have been the cause for no Hymn (obvious choice with Beyonce) and that on top of that the media/people in the USA were already biased against them to begin with. Its really no wild guess that if Beyonce premieres a new song as rumoured, that will be the final nail on the coffin of this sad affair...

I have no doubt the time Coldplay will have will be amazing to watch. I just wish they had more time and not be overshadowed by others and their decisions not controlled from the outside (or by their at times way too extreme humble attitude)

• Like 2

The other one I wondered about was Speed of Sound because of the huge popularity of the video and its opportunity for big visuals. Or Charlie Brown for the same reason. But I'm pushing my luck now. Yellow I'm sure has to be a bit.

• Like 2

Why is Coldplay giving the biggest performance of their entire career to Beyonce???? The next day the only thing people will say is Beyonce was perfect, her new song is fantastic, she was flawless and the British band was good. I will never understand this! :angry:

NO HFTW?! She's doing a new song...:(

I just wish Bey would give up her Queen crown and give it to someone like Adele who can actually write music. And it annoys me that the billboard in the US shows Bey's name first. Coldplay's more talented and deserves MORE recognition as a band than the big one they have. If only Coldplay could be talked about and shown as amazing during the show, or 'they stole the show' comments...I'd be in heaven:D (and I'm so hyped for THEIR set)

Remember U2? Back in 2001? Well their show was off the scale and they really rocked it and payed a wonderful tribute to the millions who had unfortunately lost their lives:( And a couple of days afterwards, THEY were said as show stealers and true performers. And they collaborated with no one. Sure they do nowadays and even back then, but collaborating is great when true performers and artists like Eagles Of Death Metal, Foo Fighters, REM and Moby are with them. But nowadays Coldplay want the 'big' stars and not the other 'big' stars. Hopefully Coldplay get complimented afterwards and get some great comments. I wish them the best of luck with their biggest ever gig!:D

(Beck also deserved that Grammy last year as well;))

Someone explain to me how PR-wise can Coldplay now defend their statement at the press conference "We are not going to feature Hymn. It just came out, it would not be right" in light of Beyoncé debuting her new single....

I have a feeling neither will happen.. Apparently there will be a surprise relating to Beyoncé but I'm really predicting she will be participating in a Coldplay classic... Maybe Clocks? Lol.

Someone explain to me how PR-wise can Coldplay now defend their statement at the press conference "We are not going to feature Hymn. It just came out, it would not be right" in light of Beyoncé debuting her new single....

This is driving me crazy (it shouldn't but I love Coldplay) it is their time to shine brighter than ever. They can surprise all those haters with the amazing performances they can do. But, as they don't care anymore about what other people think they'll let others shine.