✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-02-07] Coldplay headlining Super Bowl 2016 - Confirmed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough with the cynicism! I'm ready to indulge. If the world doesn't like the 9.5 minutes and only Beyonce so be it.

I like your attitude! :clap:

I'll be trying to go to sleep at about 8 pm already in order to get up again around minight when the game is starting here in Germany. But I'm not sure if I'll be able to sleep with all the excitement.:omgomg:

Enough with the cynicism! I'm ready to indulge. If the world doesn't like the 9.5 minutes and only Beyonce so be it.

I think we will be pleasantly surprised. Or at least I'll enjoy it.

Wonder what they'll finish with? Up & Up (reduced)? ETIAW? Should be exciting. I feel like Yellow is going to start.

Any chance they'll pull like a Coldplay timeline through their medley (Yellow, Clocks -> Fix You, [break for BM], Viva La Vida, Paradise [break for Beyonce], AOAL -> Up&Up)

That timeline thing is a good idea, but I doubt it...

Yes Coldplay will most likely put up an amazing show regardless of the nonsense. I may be awake to watch it (depends if I have to work later).

I really wonder now what people will say post show? If Coldplay do what Coldplay do in their live shows, people are bound to react positively. Could this performance change people´s perspective of Coldplay in the USA? A possibility, no?

• Like 1

Just like Coldplay is doing: I won't care about the media and all the haters. I'll enjoy the show when Coldplay perform, I won't care about the rest of perfomers (YOLA is the only exception). If people prefer rubbish music and fill their brains with awful lyrics it's their problem. There are more important things to talk about. I'll keep this memory next to the paralympic closing ceremony it doesn't matter what.

• Like 2

I wish we could all get together somewhere and watch it that would be so awesome! :D

That's why I love the coldplaying forums. We're sharing our thoughts in a virtual Super Bowl party. I know Coldplay is going to be amazing they never dissapoint!

• Like 1

I think we will be pleasantly surprised. Or at least I'll enjoy it.

Wonder what they'll finish with? Up & Up (reduced)? ETIAW? Should be exciting. I feel like Yellow is going to start.

Any chance they'll pull like a Coldplay timeline through their medley (Yellow, Clocks -> Fix You, [break for BM], Viva La Vida, Paradise [break for Beyonce], AOAL -> Up&Up)

They only have 12 minutes

Song wise we've had the following "confirmed": (Spoilers)

1) Viva La Vida (Pepsi Video)

2) Adventure of a Lifetime (Every Promo)

3) Clocks > Fix You (Pepsi Video)

4) Paradise (Pepsi Video)

A) Beyonce "song"

B) Uptown Funk (Presser)

Rumored Songs

1) Up & Up (sort of in the video but not confirmed)

2) Yellow (hasn't been discussed... but pretty iconic)

Did I miss any rumors?

• Like 1

^sounds about right.

anyway, i was thinking of the positives of no hftw today. there are far better songs that deserves to be played. and what if they close out the show with a rousing up&up (maybe joined by beyonce and bruno) and that gets some well deserved recognition? far better than hymn imo. that would be great!

i really am nervous though!

• Like 1

HYPE!

Okay, let's hope for a good show. We know it's most likely all pre-recorded but the vocals might be live. Hopefully Chris doesn't bounce off the stage and Will doesn't smack himself in the head with a drumstick again. No stupid "left shark" moments, just a good clean performance.

• Like 1