✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-02-07] Coldplay headlining Super Bowl 2016 - Confirmed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a couple of things I'll say as someone that's not been a fan of this whole Super Bowl gig.

I loved it- for one. I hate seeing this band reach such commercial success, I really do. A part of me realizes that .. Coldplay just has never been edgy like U2 and I think they make the same level of success seem like more of a sell-out ...whereas U2 seemed to beat to the tune of their own drummers, so to speak.. and make music like they've always had- zero room for peer pressure.. for musical collaborations, etc..

I still believe it was studioheads that pushed Beyonce into AHFOD because of this gig. But alas... moving on.

As everyone else here- my favorite part was the mash-up of Clocks/Fix You ..into Up and Up (that song still has such live potential)

The worst part of ....all of this is the Super Bowl brings out the worst in people. It really does. Everyone in America and on the internet is so hyperbolic in nature. Everything is "oh god, Coldplay is the worst half-time show ever!" or "Oh god, Beyonce is the worst! She needs to lose 50 pounds." or it's always something.

Music's meaning will always be subjective.. and people are so used to doing nothing but sitting in their computer chairs/judgemental thrones and feeling a little bit better about themselves because they got to share their over-valuated nasty opinion about other talented artists they've never been into as "the worst thing since AIDS". Everything is awesome in America until it's the worst thing that's ever happened.

• Like 3

Beautiful and colourful show. As everyone else here, my favorite part was the mash-up of Clocks/Fix You ..into Up and Up.

I studied some Danish newspapers online Monday 8.2. Danish Berlingske Tidende and BT both had a big picture of Beyonce from the Superbowl show and the headline: Beyoncé is coming to Denmark (for concert in Parken on 24.7.16). If B had not come to Denmark for a concert in July there would most likely have been no mention of the Superbowl show. The free paper Metroexpress (mx.dk) had several articles on Beyoncé - her new video and her coming to Denmark for a concert. But there was also an article with description of the Superbowl show with pictures of Chris and Beyoncé. So Danish media are more into Beyoncé than Coldplay.

But great show and beautiful pictures.

• Like 2

I did! I wanted to enter in this contest to win the signed setlist but I couldn't...:bigcry:

So much for all Super Bowl viewers hating Coldplay :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky: I bet a few hearing the songs went: What in God´s name is that amazing song I never heard in the radio nestled between 4 plays of Adele Hello and 5 plays of Bieber? LOL

Anyone know when Glastionbury headliners are announced? Do they have a livestream? I feel like Super Bowl's Up & Up was amazing -- but we need at least one live full one with Beyonce, Noel Gallagher, and big choir at the festival finish?

Note how both Coldplay and Beyonce have wide open schedules for that weekend...

So much for all Super Bowl viewers hating Coldplay :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky: I bet a few hearing the songs went: What in God´s name is that amazing song I never heard in the radio nestled between 4 plays of Adele Hello and 5 plays of Bieber? LOL

Well, commercially it was a success, no doubt. Artistically? Definitely not.

And perhaps it's a stretch but I'm hearing a lot Coldplay recently, not only in the country I live (hearing Sky Full of Stars in supermarket), but also on Spanish TV commercials (watching Barcelona's games in Copa Del Rey), etc.

I'm a bit late to the party, but I loved the show! As with everyone else, I could have done without so much Beyoncé and Bruno taking up Coldplay's time, but the ending with all of them together was just fantastic. I got goosebumps at the transition from Clocks to Fix You. And who could have expected Up&Up to top it all off? Haters gonna hate, as always, but even if I weren't a Coldplay fan, I'd call the show a definite success!

They did seem to be having trouble with the audio at the beginning though. The guys seemed very quiet compared to the other two. I can only assume that was because Coldplay was "live" (for the most part) and the other two were (I assume) pre-recorded?

• Like 2

I'm a bit late to the party, but I loved the show! As with everyone else, I could have done without so much Beyoncé and Bruno taking up Coldplay's time, but the ending with all of them together was just fantastic. I got goosebumps at the transition from Clocks to Fix You. And who could have expected Up&Up to top it all off? Haters gonna hate, as always, but even if I weren't a Coldplay fan, I'd call the show a definite success!

They did seem to be having trouble with the audio at the beginning though. The guys seemed very quiet compared to the other two. I can only assume that was because Coldplay was "live" (for the most part) and the other two were (I assume) pre-recorded?

Lol yes definitely pre recorded for bey and Bruno. I'm just still pissed off on how beyonces promo for her world tour of "formation" came out right after the halftime show. Ugh seriously? She obvi only did it for promo

Guest diogo_sg
Oh, by the way, glad the BRONCOS WON!!!

There's a huge parade happening in Denver right now

Oh, that's right!! Congrats!! :vuvuzela:

A little gem that I've just now discovered. During AOAL Chris's heart was lighting up ;)

(these are screenshots from the video, so quality is not great)

[ATTACH=full]3976[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]3977[/ATTACH]

• Like 6