✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-02-07] Coldplay headlining Super Bowl 2016 - Confirmed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL I've just read this. How did you know it??? Did you take a picture of something you saw in the future of coldplaying.com???

Pretty easy to guess that a performance seen live by over 110 million people in the U.S. alone would crash a fan-site for the band :).

So what does that prove? That AHFOD had bad promotion in the USA or that people would buy anything that is sold to them through an extremely popular program like the Super Bowl? hehe

I think they did good promo in the USA with all the appearances but its also true that the few places which still sell records were really not promoting this that much...Adele had taken over. I guess we must all be thankful Adele is not the kind of music that cud ever "grace" the halftime show haha

• Like 1

me too! I guess that's how coldplayers felt around the world.

I was not nervous at all...I don't know why but I knew for a fact that they would perform great, cuz they are so professional in all their live shows. When the show started though I found it very emotionally involving! That was unexpected :)

Independence Day 2? Didn't notice that but will check it out.

Edit: That commercial had the national anthem played. I'll check my recording of the game.

Ah, X-Men: Apocalypse. The cover is by Clarity, and here's the full version of it:

Thanks for posting the link. Wow, that is a....weird and very dark cover. By the way through the SuperBowl I now know the lyrics are "Bones siking like stones, all that we FOUGHT for". I always thought it was "all that we FALL for". Now I'm disappointed. :(

Chris really did not look too comfortable in this, but then also the other two kept in the front close to the camera and he was kinda the last one trailing behind...he should have been in front, he was the headliner !

He will always do that. It doesn't matter if he's headlining or the guest, I remember when he performed with Beck in the Grammy's at the end he gave some steps back to let Beck celebrate but he pulled him to the front again. He's too humble sometimes and too innocent on what he said. Now, people will talk about how Beyonce rejected one of his songs because it was awfu. And if we ad this to the fact David Bowie rejected them too people will remember them as the band nobody wants to work with, but I'm sure they aren't the only artist who have been rejected. They are not afraid of failure and they'll take advantage of it.

• Like 2

Guest LiquidSky

I think the superbowl was great! There were some stuff that could have been delivered better. I felt like the camera missed a lot of footage that could have made great capture moments. I would have also liked if they had started with the ending instead because it started really strong and then it ended kinda slow because of all the past footage. I felt like it could have made more of an impact if it was placed in the beginning instead and more emotional? and also like explained why it was being shown in the first place... the past footage was very disorganized. It desperately needed to be edited out better!

I didn't like the people holding the flower umbrellas and the people holding the color flags. Not sure what their purpose was but I felt like it was taking away a lot of attention and could have been made without. It would have been better if they were part of the people jumping instead. The crowd was really great!! I loved how they were all energetic and jumping all throughout the performances except at the end. The excitement could be felt through the screen.

I thought the transition between coldplay, bruno mars and beyonce was really great! I was really pumped when viva la vida started playing but then I got SUPER excited on the transition between bruno mars and beyonce because of the marching band. You cannot go to a football game and not have a MARCHING BAND! That's actually how I had imagined that Coldplay was going to do it. I thought they were going to have a marching band leading to Viva La Vida....

I liked how there was like a dance off between bruno mars and beyonce and then they faced each other in the middle, it was great! but then they included Chris <3 When they started walking towards the camera, I think because Beyonce was supposed to push the camera away that she was trying to be close to it but I liked how placed her right arm around him to sing along <3

I also LOVED THIS PHOTO WHEN SHE HUGS HIM <3

[MEDIA=instagram]BBgniUhH7jv[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BBgniUhH7jv/?taken-by=coldplayinghq

Overall, I thought the superbowl was great!

I was not nervous at all...I don't know why but I knew for a fact that they would perform great, cuz they are so professional in all their live shows. When the show started though I found it very emotionally involving! That was unexpected :)

I was pretty confident too because they never disappoint. But, there was that sense of nervousness and excitment at the same time. At the end I enjoyed it so much.

umm coldplay is trending on twitter. i'm sure it has something to do with the super bowl and don't want to open and see what it's about. hahaa!

What are your settings? The default I think is trending based on location and who you follow. So its also tailored to you.

What are your settings? The default I think is trending based on location and who you follow. So its also tailored to you.

US and it is indeed tailored to me. i don't see coldplay trending when i check signed out.

Thanks for posting the link. Wow, that is a....weird and very dark cover. By the way through the SuperBowl I now know the lyrics are "Bones siking like stones, all that we FOUGHT for". I always thought it was "all that we FALL for". Now I'm disappointed. :(

dlibyh, it took me quite a while too to realize that it was 'fought' instead of 'fall'! :embarrassed:

dlibyh, it took me quite a while too to realize that it was 'fought' instead of 'fall'! :embarrassed:

"Fought" makes this song a lot darker imho. To me it's still gonna be "fall" :) I think it's more poetic. I think it describes more the inevitability of human life but then maybe that's not what was meant at all :D

How can I download those videos of the building up the stage and tearing it down?? I was there and I want to have some video footage of all the crazyness we didn't know we were a part of!!! I'm still so excited and in DISBELIEF that I was there!!! I haven't read many other comments but anyone else from the forum go? (Besides Lauren! who I met on Cping and we had an AMAZING DAY)

How can I download those videos of the building up the stage and tearing it down?? I was there and I want to have some video footage of all the crazyness we didn't know we were a part of!!! I'm still so excited and in DISBELIEF that I was there!!! I haven't read many other comments but anyone else from the forum go? (Besides Lauren! who I met on Cping and we had an AMAZING DAY)

AWESOME! I was there too working, but I wish I would have known others from here were gonna be there, and I would have let you borrow my GoPro or something to record it! Timelapses are super easy to create.

This is a free tool I've been using for years and it works great and I trust it. Just be careful when installing and and actually read through the prompts. It tries to sneak in other software sometimes you don't want.

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-YouTube-Download.htm

• Like 1

http://clipconverter.cc/

2. not only had Chris Apple and Moses written on his trousers, but Guy had Nico written on his guitar ?
I didn't notice it at his guitar but Guy had Nico written on his right wrist / sleeve.And he sneaked in his camera (I suppose it was his).

See pictures in the Super Bowl thread in MM section. :)

• Like 1

My review:

I felt like I had to watch it 5-6 times before I could write a review of he show.

My initial reaction after seeing it live the first time was "Wow that was quick". I felt like Beyoncé and Bruno took way too much of Coldplay's time. I also felt like the whole performance was rushed and the songs transitioned too fast. After watching the performance 4-5 more times, I understand now that there was a method to the madness.

The theme was "past present and future" so I can see why Bruno and Beyoncé were playing but again, they took up too much time. I really liked Coldplay's performance, you can tell they practiced. I liked the song selection, especially the Clocks/Fix You/Up&Up but it would have been nice to fit it some ASFOS or ETIAW. Watching it live, I didn't even realize Chris was singing different lyrics to Fix you to go along with the montage on the screen (Purple Rain, Beautiful Day, etc), just amazing!! I loved the end with Up&Up although I wish Chris drew out the believe in love part out longer.. (Maybe he was winded) lol.

Anyway, awesome performance and this is a HUGE milestone in the bands career. It doesn't get any bigger than the Super Bowl and I am proud of the band for achieving this amazing feat. Of course, there is constant backlash of their performance by non-Coldplay fans but as Chris might say.. "F*** em!" Lol

• Like 2