✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I have been a member on this message board for 13 years. Sell outs...

bart

I agree in sentiment, although the way you expressed your opinion. (the way the vast majority of music fans feel about Coldplay at the moment) isn't "diplomatic" enough for the Coldplay fanatics around these parts.

I suggest you join us in the Oldplaying thread where you'll find like minded people.

While I agree that it was not particularly nice of bart to express her feelings that strongly (and in fact was unfortunately quite counterproductive to a valid opinion here, imho !), some people here really act as if Chris Martin is some kind of god who is untouchable and may not be implicated negatively in anything. Come on, Coldplay is not a kind of "religion" that is per definition unfallible and always right. Some people sometims act as if it is blasphemy to say something negative about Coldplay. For goodness's sake Chris Martin is just a human being - I wouldn't wish him anything bad because I would not wish any human being who has not done harm to others anything bad, but this was obviously written in anger and is not a capital offense. Calm down everybody.

I agree in sentiment, although the way you expressed your opinion. (the way the vast majority of music fans feel about Coldplay at the moment) isn't "diplomatic" enough for the Coldplay fanatics around these parts.

I suggest you join us in the Oldplaying thread where you'll find like minded people.

I dunno what's diplomatic about wishing someone to lose their voice :|

Calm down everybody.

We are calm, OP is not.

• Like 1

The irony bypass is strong with this one.

The message wasn't aimed just at OP but to everyone on the board. It's a result of the severe lack of respect especially between the old and new crowd (both sides) and the old vs band battle. The survey you all had a chance to fill out tells us that. I'm not as "white as snow" as to act like I couldn't learn from my own post, but y'all can act like you are all you want.

• Like 1

Chris never had such a great voice actually, the problems about CP's newest efforts are different.

They lost creativity, lyrical deepness, artistical curiosity and originality. And I don't understand the people who says "they make a lot of people happy so you can't say they're getting bad", a lot of awful music make people happy, but it's not all about it (and thanks god for this).

And if you wanna grow you have to learn to deal with constructive criticism or you'll always be limited.

Said that, there are better ways to say the things we think about this discussion...

Chris never had such a great voice actually, the problems about CP's newest efforts are different.

They lost creativity, lyrical deepness, artistical curiosity and originality. And I don't understand the people who says "they make a lot of people happy so you can't say they're getting bad", a lot of awful music make people happy, but it's not all about it (and thanks god for this).

And if you wanna grow you have to learn to deal with constructive criticism or you'll always be limited.

Said that, there are better ways to say the things we think about this discussion...

Great points. And I can respect that you and I will differ on those things you touched on, particularly lyrical deepness and Chris's voice. But OP didn't say a word remotely related to your post. It kinda took oldplayers to come and help translate what he was trying to say lol.

Read what I said again.

I don't know if your isn't "diplomatic" enough for the Coldplay fanatics around these parts. was meant to be sarcastic or not. Was it?

Anyways, I think the OP won't come back anyway and we're bitching in an empty thread so to say, so bye~

• Like 1

I'd say that they still have creativity (you don't think of tapping on glasses every day. right?) Hymn For The Weekend, while very mainstream-sounding, sounds quite different. I think they still have lyrical deepness, however they arguably don't have it like their old days and they do have really bad lyrics at times. Artistical curiousity.... nah, I think they'd still have that. Originality.... yeah, I think that's still there too.

I'd say they lost the heartfelt melodies of the good old days Their music isn't quite as soulful anymore either. I mean, it may be, but just look at Politik. Or The Scientist. Their songwriting abilities have also taken a step down. The production choices they've been making (I mean like bringing in Stargate) are also poor. So those are the reasons why I think they've taken a step down...

I'd say that they still have creativity (you don't think of tapping on glasses every day. right?) Hymn For The Weekend, while very mainstream-sounding, sounds quite different. I think they still have lyrical deepness, however they arguably don't have it like their old days and they do have really bad lyrics at times. Artistical curiousity.... nah, I think they'd still have that. Originality.... yeah, I think that's still there too.

I'd say they lost the heartfelt melodies of the good old days.

Wow you said my thoughts.

But people can love up&up more than they love trouble. So i guess genius melody isn't all either.

(edit: and by people i mean me! lol )

• Like 1

I'm sorry you are not liking what the band is creating, so it's your choice to listen or to not listen. You have said your peace and it's time to move on. I know it's hard to move on from any relationship whether it be a person, place or thing. You have fond memories but don't be mad at the band. Everything changes if we like it or not. If we liked everything we would have no basis for what is good and what is shit. I don't love everything the band sings, but I'm not getting pissed about it. Don't look back in anger.

• Like 1

Great points. And I can respect that you and I will differ on those things you touched on, particularly lyrical deepness and Chris's voice. But OP didn't say a word remotely related to your post. It kinda took oldplayers to come and help translate what he was trying to say lol.

I said it because we're only discussing about what the user said about Chris' voice and not the whole message. It's clear that the user shouldn't have said that thing, but I was only saying that I understand her feelings and I explained why I quite agree.

My only intention was to make a constructive discussion :)

I have been a member on this message board for 13 years.

COLDPLAY were a group I really liked until they become complete and utter sell outs.

Since the Viva la vida album they don’t play instruments.

Can anyone defend them anymore.

Been to 6 of their concerts.

3 in Manchester

3 In Barcelona

I even ended up moving from the UK to Barcelona due to meeting someone on here. I am so disappointed with the group.

Hope Chris martin … wakes up one day without a voice. Complete and utter sellout he is.

nice one, good for you, ten points to griffindor [emoji106]

Hey people thanks for taking your time. Yes , I admit my statement about I hope Chris wakes up without a voice, " was something I could have put in a another way, sorry for it, if anyone was offended.

I will check out the oldies thread see if I can find oldies so we can have a right bitch about now and reminisce the old golden days. In my time I've met several coldplayers in different countries one led to a total change in my life in fact.

I am sure you all understand and some point my love for cokdplay knew no bounds..and I think on an emotive level I've come out with these sentiments.

• Like 1

COLDPLAY were a group I really liked until they become complete and utter sell outs.

3 in Manchester

3 In Barcelona

I even ended up moving from the UK to Barcelona due to meeting someone on here. I am so disappointed with the group.

Hope Chris martin … wakes up one day without a voice. Complete and utter sellout he is.

They absolutely do still play instruments, they just use background tracks and looping to fill extra layers. I understand the practice is not popular with everybody, but it's very common and Coldplay are far from the only band to do it. Many of the biggest rock and pop acts in the world (including some that actually use live sidement to supplement the core band) are doing the exact same thing.

Chris Martin only use the same 3 shirts and the same hat for 4 years. How dare you call him a sellout? LOL

Anyway it's ok if you don't like them the way you used to. It's ok share your criticisms and your opinions and point of views just understand some people will agree with you and some will not. I'm telling this for the all sides. Opinion is not a LAW. Opinion is not the unquestionable truth. Everyone have one. I have mine. Chris Martin have his. You have your. Opinions changes. So opinions are not unquestionable truths. It's not personal attack to you if he or her disagree with your. It's just opinions, not thuth. Maybe your thuth, but not the truth for everyone. And it doesn't need to be.

• Like 3

3 in Manchester

3 In Barcelona

Hey Daryl!

I understand how you feel. I felt the same way as well, but I guess the band is just experimenting different sounds and of course there are bound to be different reactions to it. I admit that I too miss their old stuff and kinda wish they'd make music like that sometimes. It's a matter of preference I guess. Like they say, "chew the hay and spit out the sticks" - I suppose one should just pick the songs one likes and leave the rest, right? lol