✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The I RAN AWAY Project - Bringing I Ran Away live to the AHFOD Tour 2016 !

I ran away

So, any idea when we'll have the reference track? And is the timing going to be different than the original song?

I'm asking because I have tried to sing my piece this evening and it seems that I had a good moment, no cracks in my voice. :)

To be sure to have "something" when needed, I have recorded it but if the reference song is going to be slower/faster then it will be back to square one. :D

The reference track has the same speed as the original, so you should be fine ! Keep those recordings !

I am terribly sorry for being so slow, but I have trouble finding a longer continuous time period in a quiet room here. Have done a lot of practice takes but not yet the final one. I can't sing well so I wanted it to sound halfway decent so that people are not put off by the bad quality of the reference track. I really hope within the next few days. Sorry again !

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought I might do another work to "Stuck in line and in a cage" (already have a reference), but I would also like to do one to the "just a single star I sing for" or "My eyes were closed"

So my question is if anyone has some good reference pictures of Chris (preferably) or any other bandmember which show them in profile or 3/4 looking up to the sky or maybe with their eyes closed. I've got some, but they are too small as a reference.

I have this one saved in 1800 x 1200 / 330 res:

[ATTACH=full]4457[/ATTACH]

and this one in 3000 x 2000 / 300 res:

[ATTACH=full]4458[/ATTACH]

I you can use one of those I will upload it and give you a link

• Like 1

Thanks for your offer ! Currently I am not sure about including these pics. If the band are to be included in the video visuals, I would tend to use footage rather than pics. But first we have to see what else we have as visuals and how they flow with the audio. What do you think ?

EDIT: Just realized you were responding to @AlwaysInMyHead ! Sorry. If it is abstracized as artwork rather than a plain pic it may be different. Let's see.

Thanks for your offer ! Currently I am not sure about including these pics. If the band are to be included in the video visuals, I would tend to use footage rather than pics. But first we have to see what else we have as visuals and how they flow with the audio. What do you think ?

EDIT: Just realized you were responding to @AlwaysInMyHead ! Sorry. If it is abstracized as artwork rather than a plain pic it may be different. Let's see.

Yes, she asked for some reference pictures to make a drawing.

I should have quoted. [emoji4]

The first one is a nice pic! (Not only for drawing :rolleyes:) Thanks a lot for offering your help! I've found this photo in 1800x1200 when searching for it on google, so you don't have to upload such a huge file. I will see if I can use it somehow ;)

EDIT: Okay I've changed my mind, this first photo is actually fucking gorgeous :stunned:and I'm rather gonna stab myself than not drawing it :laugh4: (although I'll save it for when I've finished my final exams, so that I have time to work on it).

If anyone else has some reference photos, feel free to send.

If you think we don't need any more, then I won't do any more drawings of course :vanish:

The first one is a nice pic! (Not only for drawing :rolleyes:) Thanks a lot for offering your help! I've found this photo in 1800x1200 when searching for it on google, so you don't have to upload such a huge file. I will see if I can use it somehow ;)

EDIT: Okay I've changed my mind, this first photo is actually fucking gorgeous :stunned:and I'm rather gonna stab myself than not drawing it :laugh4: (although I'll save it for when I've finished my final exams, so that I have time to work on it).

If you think we don't need any more, then I won't do any more drawings of course :vanish:

No sorry, it was my mistake :D

Yeah, why don't you go for that drawing of the first pic ? Drawings are always good. I was just hesitant about putting plain photos in the video.

Thanks !

No sorry, it was my mistake :D

Yeah, why don't you go for that drawing of the first pic ? Drawings are always good. I was just hesitant about putting plain photos in the video.

Thanks !

Okay then. I won't use that particular photo though, cus it'd take like estimated 4 days to draw it and I can't do that when I need to study for exams most of the time (when I'm not freaking out over Coldplay stuff :whistle:) Some pics just require a huge amount of detail to draw ;)

Maybe I could try drawing any of the band members as well but i'm really bad at drawing faces... but i'll give it a try anyway :D

EDIT: should i try to draw a buckin pic? What do you think?

I think you should definitely try to draw something! It would be best if you tried to stick to the song, e.g. refer to a line or something like that (just my opinion, I dunno, what do you other guys think?)

I think you should definitely try to draw something! It would be best if you tried to stick to the song, e.g. refer to a line or something like that (just my opinion, I dunno, what do you other guys think?)

Yeah probably. But I already have drawn a few things and i'm running out of ideas. I'll see what I come up with (and i'm open for suggestions of course!)

Yeah probably. But I already have drawn a few things and i'm running out of ideas. I'll see what I come up with (and i'm open for suggestions of course!)

I also would stay within the theme of the song. You can draw "just a single star".

I think the one that I made in a photo editor doesn't fit with the drawings that you have made. [emoji4]

• Like 1