✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The I RAN AWAY Project - Bringing I Ran Away live to the AHFOD Tour 2016 !

I ran away

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

About the stars and other artwork, don't worry too much about having every line covered. I also intend to put in various different actual video footages (I really mean different things - but probably focusing more on abstract things, light, stars, reflections...hard to describe without seeing it) to keep up the rhythm and flow of the video, cause I think the video might get boring if it only consists of non-moving images.

• Like 3

So I finally I was able to get off work at a halfway decent time today (7 pm)...spent more than an hour searching for a room in which I could record. In the end I snuck into our music department with the help of someone with an access card :D and just spent 3 hours doing various takes of I Ran Away. Unfortunately my worst fears are confirmed, I really am awful at singing....but I'm gonna cut this into a reference track now, hopefully it will be up either tomorrow or the day after ! I promise !

• Like 4

Got to get that message home ! :D

(But in all seriousness, you are joking, right ? Cause I am sure that these dates will come at the latest in 2017, and I wanted to keep the project focused on one goal only to make it more likely to succeed :))

(But in all seriousness, you are joking, right ? Cause I am sure that these dates will come at the latest in 2017, and I wanted to keep the project focused on one goal only to make it more likely to succeed :))

Are you addressing this to me?

Of course I was joking. :D

I have sent out the reference track now to the 13 people involved in the project. Please listen to it and let me know what you think about it (other than that my voice and my singing are terrible :D)

If you haven't received the track and you feel you should have, tell me.

• Like 2

Some guidelines for recording your part:

- If you have the opportunity to record in a lossless format like wav or flac, go for it.

- If posible, record in a small room with as little as possible surrounding noise.

- Make sure the instrumental/original song you sing along to is not heard in the recording.

There has been a slight change in the final chorus. This is the new version:

We love this song so much, see stars arise in our cage

That's why we'd love for you to play I Ran Away live on stage

You have our love on call and yet on this our hearts all dwell

So please Chris Jonny Guy and Phil

Tell us "One Two Three ... Will"

EDIT:

- Your individual part and the chorus part may be in different files or together, either way works.

- If you have been assigned a part of the initial "One, two, three, Will", please record the entire phrase. If you only record a single word, the intonation is more likely to be off. Trust me, it's not easy to get it right. So please record the whole phrase and I will cut it myself.

The last one is supposed to be a gif but I don't think the uploading worked correctly... :oops:

I do see it moving, albeit very slowly. May be my browser though.

Thanks for the beautiful images ! You are a very talented artist !

• Like 1

Here's another drawing I made, referring to the "just a single star"-line. I also tried making a gif, i'm not sure if it turned out so great...

Beautiful, I don't see 1 of it moving either (there are 3 jpg files) but it looks awesome when I click fast on the arrow to browse between them.

• Like 1

I have counted the votes from the jury and the winner for my little art project is Albertus Medium.

So I will make "1 2 3 Will" in that font.

And I might make an extra with the mix of Albertus for the numbers and Baskerville for "Will".

I Ran Away can decide which one (and if) she wants to use in the video.

• Like 2

I am currently reviewing the vocal submissions I have gotten so far and trying to get an overview over which parts are covered now and which aren't (which, unfortunately, in the very busy last two weeks I lost track of...) Please bear with me; I just don't have that much time at the moment to work on the project but I am moving steadily forward.

I had one question, is anyone here skilled at audio editing ? When I fused the I Ran Away instrumental with the original track towards the end of the song for the reference track, I didn't manage to make the fusion smooth - there is an audible transition at 03:08 in the reference track.

I wondered if somebody could fix that if I give you the files ?

Just to let you know, I discovered that the chorus vocals in the reference track are a bit rushed.

Can you explain what exactly you mean so that I can look into it ? (Do you by any chance mean the line "That's why we'd love for you to play I Ran Away live on stage" ? I know that that line is really crammed but most recordings that I got did a fairly good job on that line despite the quick pace of words.)