✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2017-6-30] Commerzbank-Arena, Frankfurt, Germany

Christa42

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately not, we have got our tickets :( Maybe put it on facebook?

Are there many people queuing yet? I'm afraid getting there at 3pm might be a little late, but we won't make it earlier...

It seems they didn't play Violet Hill and had POC? And last c-stage songs were Green Eyes (request maybe?) and improvisation song?

edit. setlist (don't know why it's showing these crazy texts/links):

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="fi"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The setlist for night one of <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ColdplayFrankfurt?src=hash">#ColdplayFrankfurt</a>! Green Eyes was played instead of Trouble | via <a href="https://twitter.com/DontEverLetGo_O">@DontEverLetGo_O</a> <a href="https://t.co/gfRSHuQmze">pic.twitter.com/gfRSHuQmze</a></p>— Coldplaying (@coldplaying) <a href="[MEDIA=twitter]880899474641612801[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/880899474641612801

They had Birds in it again with maybe :eek:

Yeah well, the addition "smoke" to GPASUYF nearly got us all killed. :p It was so thick, black and stinky, they had to stop the song and make sure everybody was okay.

Was that really just the "normal" smoke - did anybody see? I first assumed that the fireworks had set something on fire.

• Like 2

Was that really just the "normal" smoke - did anybody see? I first assumed that the fireworks had set something on fire.

I'm pretty sure there was something on fire. It smelled nasty and the smoke was not white but really black and thick and burned as hell in my eyes. Thats not just the standard "show smoke". I thought it also smelled extremely like when you are launching your own fireworks on new years eve. Also, as far as i could see, the smoke just came from the left side. Usually you would have smoke coming from both sides if it were for special fx, right? I've been to many shows and my gut feeling is, not sure what it was but there was definetly something on fire. I even thought for a moment that, if things get just a bit worse, they would have to evacuate the whole place. Good job by whoever was in charge of safety and all of keeping things under control.

Pictures do not even show the worst moment. I wasn't able to see anyone on stage anymore.

d5266a223285e0068b1efde2ca4ef88c.jpg

06fb0de5e5bfd06a51da0b59c7977edc.jpg

Gesendet mit Tapatalk

• Like 3

how strictly did they pat down men at the access control? did they use metal detectors? I'm only asking because I wanted to the record the show tomorrow... but if there are really strict body checks, my audio recorder will stay at home... thanks in advance, Maximilian

how strictly did they pat down men at the access control? did they use metal detectors? I'm only asking because I wanted to the record the show tomorrow... but if there are really strict body checks, my audio recorder will stay at home... thanks in advance, Maximilian

no metal detectors, and in my case (female) also no full bodycheck

• Like 1

What a nightmare! It's 5am and we are finally back at our hotel. Because of a WW2 bomb our hotel area had been evacuated. After misinformation and an odyssee through Frankfurt we found the emergency center and spent some hours there on the floor. Our plans of queueing early for tomorrow (or should I say today?) just flew out the window.[emoji32]

The concert was great though...

• Like 1

What a nightmare! It's 5am and we are finally back at our hotel. Because of a WW2 bomb our hotel area had been evacuated. After misinformation and an odyssee through Frankfurt we found the emergency center and spent some hours there on the floor. Our plans of queueing early for tomorrow (or should I say today?) just flew out the window.[emoji32]

The concert was great though...

Oh dear. At first we thougth it was a joke. But no.

Since it is raining people might go queuing later. Good luck

We have a seat this evening.

Any locals know why there's a Flemish flag in the stadium? It's weird. Remove it please, Flemish nationalists aren't very nice welp ._.

7d6b69720c9058ff82ef8e034cdf63aa.jpg

Last year there was a flag of an Antwerp Football team. Stageco, the company that is responsible for the stage is from origine Belgian, so I'm not surprised there are a few Flemish people in the crew.

Ok, now here is the story of our nightly odyssee..:

We were back at the hotel by 4:30 am. At the Arena they had announced that we were supposed to go to the Atrium of the Fair there would be an evacuation centre there. But we first could not find the Atrium so we asked at the reception desk of the Marriot were it was. There we met other Fans who just came from the Atrium and they said there was nothing there just a few people who sent them - for whatever reason - to the Marriott. Of course the Marriott was not a evac centre so we all decided to try at some random hall of the Fair. On the way there we picked up about 30 more fans who just came from the arena by tram. Then I called the Frankfurt police and they told us where to go. Finally there, there was enough room, basic food and drinks but only about 50 beds for maybe 500 or more people. So we lay on the floor. At 2:45h they brought more beds and we managed to secure us some so we could at least lie down on something not so hard but sleeping was impossible. At 3:45 we could leave.

Feeling like hell right now...

• Like 3

Last year there was a flag of an Antwerp Football team. Stageco, the company that is responsible for the stage is from origine Belgian, so I'm not surprised there are a few Flemish people in the crew.

Ahhh of course, Stageco! Someone there must've had a sudden outburst of national (?) pride D:

Also that WW2 bomb story sounds pretty wild! Hope you got some sleep when you were allowed to go back @Danceteacher. There's the occasional war bomb story in Belgium too, but they always find them in the fields where fed people live