Everyday Life - Live in Jordan on YouTube 22 Nov

Captain Crieff

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have been watching the live performance from 5 o'clock in the morning and don't regret to having set my alarm clock so early in the morning. I am also glad I didn't listen to the leaked songs. I am still overwhelmed about the whole concert, the atmosphere, the songs, the band playing from Jordan from the 'middle of the world', as Chris put it, to the whole world about the life of everybody everywhere at the beginning of a new day. It all makes sense and is absolutely beautiful. I have no time for more comments, off to work now. Arabesque is great!!

• Like 5

Chris seems so genuinely full of joy, or something is different in him maybe it’s just aging , he seems uplifted I don’t know how to describe Him anymore , like a gentle soul! You know how you watch some ppl sing or speak and they say all the right things but it feels so fake . Like it’s just said because it’ll give them brownie points .. Well he’s the complete opposite he seems so genuine .. I mean I obviously don’t know him everyone had their flaws I’m sure he has a tone but he’s one of those rare ppl you get a sense of peace from . He’s always felt the music but I feel like more then ever he’s wearing his heart on his sleeve ! They all seem to just be in a great place . I love seeing all the smiles and the huddles before they started . There really will not be another like Coldplay !

• Like 6

This is absolutely amazing. I'm blown away by every song, and the setting was too wonderful. Arabesque is officially one of my all-time favourite songs, no doubt. I also liked Church (riding a waaa-AAAVE, that vocals, you know? Beautiful) and Trouble in Town (even more than the others, this one is another masterpiece). Daddy touches your heart. WOTW/POTP had potential but it isn't that bad to leave it unfinished, the context of the album allows it. And WINAF in my opinion was a bit short.

Now I'm going to stream Sunrise, but I will leave Sunset for after the live, like I did this time.

• Like 2

I’m glad I listened to the album first before the live stream.

I think if I did it the other way round, I would have been thoroughly disappointed with some of the studio versions.

Listening to the live stream has given me a new love for the album. :heart:

• Like 7

really studio versions, don't sound as good? It sounded really great live. Was surprised how good it sounded.

I’m glad I listened to the album first before the live stream.

I think if I did it the other way round, I would have been thoroughly disappointed with some of the studio versions.

Listening to the live stream has given me a new love for the album. :heart:

Amazing!

-Sad they didn't bring Davide and co to play Sunrise. If you notice, both Chris and Jonny play some guitar over the track live, which is cool.

-Church vocals are clearly lip-synced: at one point Chris sings "church" but you don't see his mouth go "CH" at the end of the word. Shame. But the live instrumentation and the woman singing at the end is great (anyone know who she is?). Jonny plays an extra guitar part in the 1st verse that's clear and pretty, and the combination of his guitar, Will's drums, and Guy's bas is very strong. Also, Chris's guitar part is super cool - I believe he records a loop and then it continues through the song. Adds GREAT texture!

-Trouble in Town is EPIC live. Agree with others that the lack of the Malcolm X sample weakens the emotion a bit. But I think this (+no "fuck" on Arabesque) hints towards releasing this as a DVD or something. Will's drums and Jonny's guitar solo are great.

-BrokEn is cool but I wish Chris would've actually played the piano.

-Daddy sounds great!!! You can hear slight weaknesses in Chris's voice at the beginning on the first "You're so far away." But everything builds really well. Jonny's synth keyboard part is SO pretty. Guy's bass is so deep. Will does the xylophone excellently, though he makes a couple obvious mistakes - but this helps prove that most of this song was done live with few backing tracks, which I appreciate.

-POTP/WOTW....why is this not a full song :(

-Arabesque: epic horns and guitars and bass. Amazing. Stromae is great too. Entertainingly, he is not as breathy as he is on the album version. This and TIT really make me ANGRY that these songs, and the title track EL end so abruptly. They really could've milked the jams.

-When I Need a Friend: this song feels less homogenous when the choir doesn't come in right away, but I still wish they'd done something different with this song...eg have all 4 boys singing, and/or add more instrumentation towards the end.

• Like 6

It officially on youtube. took em long enough,

it's also looping with the countdown timer on the livestream rn.

Yah, I watched it twice and then was gonna go a third time and thought, maybe I should stop. :) Now gotta make it for sunset, which will be a little after sunrise for me.

• Like 5

@gvargas it really depends on your own personal taste. i liked the "live" feel of trouble in town better, but didn't like the absence of the clip which made it way more powerful IMO. arabesque sounds much more energetic live. i prefer the studio of winaf. i like the fact that the wotw/potp on the studio is really raw and stripped, in a demo format, but it's also nice to hear the cleaner version of it in the live performance, more finished (even though I think the choice to deliberately leave it unfinished for the album makes it have a certain aesthetic quality to it that contributes to the album's authenticity and honesty tbh. it isn't perfect, but the album's not supposed to have the polished feel, this is probably the most "honest" record coldplay's ever done really)

• Like 3

Sad they didn't bring Davide and co to play Sunrise. If you notice, both Chris and Jonny play some guitar over the track live, which is cool.

Bruh I'm surprised they were able to bring as much of the personnel from the album as they did, I totally did not expect all the sax players, choir people, and Stromae to be there. I totally thought they'd use backing tracks and I think it being not just the four guys brought some authenticity to the perfomance, rather than just playing back the samples.

I guess this isn't like a normal concert though so they were able to bring most people, I am still so surprised they put as much effort into this as they did. Too bad Davide Rossi wasn't there, would have been even more sick to hear his part being played live, but oh well.

Church vocals are clearly lip-synced: at one point Chris sings "church" but you don't see his mouth go "CH" at the end of the word. Shame.

Also throughout the performance you can see he backs away from the mic with zero change in volume. So obviously lip synced. Cmon Chris you can do better, even with this era you're being honest enough as it is!

TBF he had weaknesses in other songs that did show they were probably truly live. Just don't know why he couldn't sing that song live, like he can't sing that high anymore or what? I guess he is over 40.....

Jonny's synth keyboard part

Didn't know he played keyboards too, didn't notice that. Thanks for pointing this out :O

-POTP/WOTW....why is this not a full song :(

Ah, he made it more finished in this version! The demo was even more raw and stripped, he finished some of the lyrics for this song, I'm not sure if he'd say it's completely "finished" just that it's short.

This and TIT really make me ANGRY that these songs, and the title track EL end so abruptly

I personally think they did a really good job with Arabesque, yes it ends abruptly but they made it sound more pleasant this time.

Not sure what you're talking about with Trouble in Town, that one doesn't end all that abruptly

EL ends fine but should be longer with a huge singalong "Alleluyah" part

Yah, I watched it twice and then was gonna go a third time and thought, maybe I should stop. :) Now gotta make it for sunset, which will be a little after sunrise for me.

yeah, don't let the album get stale lol

this totally should be turned into a live DVD if we aren't getting much of a tour this year. the production for this one especially reminds me of an outdoor version of Coldplay's Live 2014 GS dealie, it's obviously staged and whatever but they play the full album there, just the camera shots and everything look really similar, just that it's outside and in a completely different setting. with no crowd that I can see. plz Coldplay turn this into a live DVD :D

(then again we might just get the live DVD on youtube because they already posted one part publicly, still be cool if they release it on physical formats tho)

• Like 5

I personally don't mind that WOTW/POTP isn't "finished", coming from a person who really likes longer songs too. I think to have that variety in some of your music where some songs don't necessarily feel finished kind of feels artistic, or at least that the songs are much shorter. Makes it less predictable. Short and sweet track that I personally think is fine as is, even though there might come a more fleshed out version in the future.

Just like Guns, I personally think that one is underdone myself, but it's a good base for the song, whereas I feel WOTW/POTP works fine as a short and sweet acoustic track with a slightly unfinished aesthetic to it that the whole album kinda has. I just don't see it being taken in any direction that would benefit the song much, or improve it off of what it is now. Length isn't necessarily an indicator of quality, remember! At least not for me, and definitely not for this song.

• Like 3

@gvargas it really depends on your own personal taste. i liked the "live" feel of trouble in town better, but didn't like the absence of the clip which made it way more powerful IMO. arabesque sounds much more energetic live. i prefer the studio of winaf. i like the fact that the wotw/potp on the studio is really raw and stripped, in a demo format, but it's also nice to hear the cleaner version of it in the live performance, more finished (even though I think the choice to deliberately leave it unfinished for the album makes it have a certain aesthetic quality to it that contributes to the album's authenticity and honesty tbh. it isn't perfect, but the album's not supposed to have the polished feel, this is probably the most "honest" record coldplay's ever done really)

ahh... will be interesting to hear when I finally get the album. I didn't want to hear any songs before I got the album, but I had to watch the youtube live concert!

Sometimes I actually like hearing songs live because then when I hear them later, I am even more into it.

I have noticed some bands sound even better live. U2 is one of those bands. But, I love when albums are also well produced and sound clear.

• Like 5