✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Everyday Life - Live in Jordan on YouTube 22 Nov

Captain Crieff

Also throughout the performance you can see he backs away from the mic with zero change in volume. So obviously lip synced. Cmon Chris you can do better, even with this era you're being honest enough as it is!

TBF he had weaknesses in other songs that did show they were probably truly live. Just don't know why he couldn't sing that song live, like he can't sing that high anymore or what? I guess he is over 40.....

Didn't know he played keyboards too, didn't notice that. Thanks for pointing this out :O

I personally think they did a really good job with Arabesque, yes it ends abruptly but they made it sound more pleasant this time.

Not sure what you're talking about with Trouble in Town, that one doesn't end all that abruptly

EL ends fine but should be longer with a huge singalong "Alleluyah" part

1. Yeah the sad thing is that, I think most of us would actually be okay with or not even notice Chris being sick or whatever if he sang it live. He's extraordinarily good at sounding good even when sick/tired/out of breath. And in these songs he's NOT dancing around. Daddy is a good example of where he clearly isn't sounding his best, yet all the emotion is still there.

2. Yeah! Jonny also plays keyboard on some other songs such as VLV, Lost!, Midnight, Magic off the top of my head. You can see him playing the high-sounding synth part in the 2nd verse, before the xylophone and acoustic guitar begin.

3. Trouble in Town has an abrupt end to its loud part I mean. There's obviously the long cool down, but the actual guitar solo length is only 2 repeats of the chord progression, as compared to say, live versions of GPASUYF. It's not a huge criticism and I get why they make these decisions, but both Arabesque and TiT have HUGE loud release and I wish they'd be longer so we could enjoy more. With EL, I wish the "hold tight for everyday life" part was a bit longer or as you say, the hallelujah part could be lengthened. And they've already done this trick on Birds and AICTAIY so I think that's enough songs with abrupt endings. That's why I find Up&Up really satisfying as a song, because it allows everything to be as long as it needs without dragging either.

• Like 4

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you were saying Trouble in Town had the "abrupt" ending in the sense that the loud part is too short I agree with you there.

GPASUYF is a relatively old Coldplay song so they've had lots of time to flesh out the last details of it, they know how long they wanna make it etc.

I think Arabesque's 4 repetitions is just long enough without dragging it out but each to their own.

I think EL should have a longer second verse. I think the "hold tight for everyday life" part is long enough but there definitely should be a long singalong alleluyah part in there, so as to bring up the energy in a final chorus. I think they did something similar in Up&Up though, and they're self aware that they don't wanna repeat the same trick too many times so they probably made a deliberate artistic decision to show mature restraint which I respect.

They've done abrupt endings on MM, Birds, AICTAIY so I can see what you're talking about, now that 2 more songs have abrupt endings here. I mean lots of bands use the same tricks over and over again though, and I think they've definitely broken a lot of the mold that they've established for this album in making it a double album, portioning it better, not having the typical format of their albums in that they usually have a really big hit, another single, ballad, indie rock tune, so on so forth. So I think we should give them credit for veering away a little bit and becoming somewhat more unpredictable this time around. I somehow didn't think that they would do many abrupt endings, or I didn't see them coming, yet the first 2 singles released off this record featured exactly that.

• Like 3

https://www.facebook.com/coldplay/posts/10162508216580253

Does anyone know more about this? I might go but I read somewhere it's just a big screen and you have to scan a QR code to listen to it via your phone.

Maybe the link doesn't work too well but it's an event in Amsterdam at 8pm tonight.

Time to go to sleep to make it for sunset! Was fun coming on here for a change. Can't remember the last time I logged in. Had to remember my old password and everything! I got scared I wouldn't even remember it.

See everyone in 10 more years! :laughing: :yum

No hopefully I'll make it back here again at least one more time after sunset.

And don't be so hard on Chris for being "old." 40... Some of us here aren't youngsters anymore! I can't believe I admitted that. :rolleyes: :weary_face: :)

Coldplay's gotta have some fans that are around their age! :cool:

(My voice has suffered as I've aged. Sucks. Oh well that's life.)

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I doubt it would loop afterward cause sunset is the last part of the concert and after that there's nothing to wait for.

anybody know when the premium exclusive content is supposed to show up?

They might not loop as long as sunrise is looping for but there are people in other parts of the world that would be able to see it live.

They might just loop it for a couple of hours before putting the whole thing online.

• Like 2

@TheSavage_ says link is no longer available

@shred it'd be nice if they did that.

As for me, I'm staying up to watch Sunset :joy: like most others on here it will actually be sunrise by the time they play that, or because I'm further north actually the sun wouldn't have even risen yet, it would take another hour or so.

• Like 2

@TheSavage_ says link is no longer available

@shred it'd be nice if they did that.

As for me, I'm staying up to watch Sunset :joy: like most others on here it will actually be sunrise by the time they play that, or because I'm further north actually the sun wouldn't have even risen yet, it would take another hour or so.

Maybe it works like this

https://www.facebook.com/coldplay/posts/10162508216580253

Time to go to sleep to make it for sunset! Was fun coming on here for a change. Can't remember the last time I logged in. Had to remember my old password and everything! I got scared I wouldn't even remember it.

See everyone in 10 more years! :laughing: :yum

No hopefully I'll make it back here again at least one more time after sunset.

And don't be so hard on Chris for being "old." 40... Some of us here aren't youngsters anymore! I can't believe I admitted that. :rolleyes: :weary_face: :)

Coldplay's gotta have some fans that are around their age! :cool:

(My voice has suffered as I've aged. Sucks. Oh well that's life.)

We don't see someone who's had an account since 2003 log in and post very often! What was Coldplaying like in the AROBTTH days?

• Like 5

My gosh...i just saw the entire broadcast for three times now, and i am literally crying!!

Anyone else?...

Some parts may not have been perfect (you notice CM voice over the original in some parts..), but all that atmosphere, the sunrise, Chris looking to the sky on his knees when singing "When i need a friend", him kissing the ground before the performance...i feel he's more spiritually envolved with God than ever.

I really hope someone can upload this (and Sunset) and give us the opportunity to keep each one forever the birth of "Everyday Life".

....until then i'm going to continue to see looping SUNRISE on YouTube, and for Christ sake, hope to stop crying before my kids arrive home from school ;-)

FixYou

• Like 2

I dunno what y’all are taking about besides church I think he sang it all live , you could tell he had to really push but it’s clear he had vocal issues . The sound quality was amazing .. honestly this is my favourite thing I’ve watched by them in years . I keep rewatching I can’t even skip a song it’s like a giant song .. again that band member pan before Jonny goes into his it in Trouble in town is amazing !!!!all of it even though church wasn’t sung live the videography with that sun and when Norah comes in complete chills !!

• Like 4

ahh, im at work, cant listen properly. hopefully i can rewatch sunrise and watch sunset to get the seemless experience when I get home

we don't get the seamless experience anyway, right after arabesque they cut to only the timer. at least i got to rock out to that outro tho :joy:

but yeah too bad they didn't let winaf play