Everyday Life - Live in Jordan on YouTube 22 Nov

Captain Crieff

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So... what about Viva and Sparks? So that poll was for nothing? Ugh.

If you guys watched the Q&A video, they announced that they’ll be doing VLV and Sparks tomorrow cause of Chris’ vocal issues.

So it’s not being done today.

EDIT: Never mind, I hope we get them on YouTube after tomorrow's show.

Sunset was a cool set though. I wasn't quite as blown away, Chris sounded worse, and it's clear at this point that there was so much that wasn't truly live, but it was still really touching. Orphans was the highlight IMO.

• Like 3

He said in one interview, that they are not touring this album but they are doing 7 little performances around the place. Whatever that means, i need to see one of those performances! :eek:

I agree!! I am just dying to see them again. Especially after watching the Jordan shows. They've made it clear that they won't be touring this album but after reading this article fr my local news station, I fear it'll be quite a long while until a lot of us get to see them on tour again:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kcci.com/amp/article/coldplay-to-put-touring-on-hold-for-environmental-reasons/29868589

Obviously it would be a bit anyway since a tour wasn't going to happen until after the next LP is released but UGH, I am just so anxious to see them live again!!

• Like 4

I can’t stop watching this performance .. honestly I don’t know what it is but 9:30 into sunrise which is trouble in town when they do the circle view around the guys and then Jonny goes into his part is one of my favorite things/videos I’ve ever seen of them .. the way they did that shot, the atmosphere and music are intense ,it’s absolutely perfect for that song with the sun rising in the back. It’s like 4 friends , that who would have thought and now look at the 20 years of perseverance , hard work ,truthful, beautiful and gut wrenching music They have created ! I can’t get enough of that particular moment . I think it’s just fantastic !

• Like 10
  • Wow 1

I can’t stop watch this performance .. honestly I don’t know what it is but 9:30 into sunrise which is trouble in town when they do the circle view around the guys and then Jonny goes into his part is one of my favorite things/videos I’ve ever seen of them .. the way they did that shot the atmosphere and music is intense it’s absolutely perfect for that song the sun rising in the back It’s like 4 friends , that who would have thought and now look at the 20 years of perseverance , hard work ,beautiful and gut wrenching music ! I can’t get enough of that particular moment . I think it’s just fantastic !

100 % agree. I can't get over Trouble in Town, either. Such a fabulous song. It's very, very quickly climbing up my all-time favorites list, and I've loved these guys for nineteen years. I will never forget hearing it last night for the first time....much like my super vivid memory of hearing Yellow for the first time when I was seventeen. Love, love, love this song. :heart:

• Like 6

That whole concert was such a thing of beauty. When that flock of birds flew by in front of this huge, setting sun. :sob: I will forever associate the songs with today's setting and I love that.

This is the seventh album release I'm experiencing as a fan

Question: Is someone working on converting the stream to an mp3 w/ tracks separated? (I'm asking out of curiosity)

Someone already did. Look on the download section.

FixYou

• Like 2

I agree!! I am just dying to see them again. Especially after watching the Jordan shows. They've made it clear that they won't be touring this album but after reading this article fr my local news station, I fear it'll be quite a long while until a lot of us get to see them on tour again:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kcci.com/amp/article/coldplay-to-put-touring-on-hold-for-environmental-reasons/29868589

Obviously it would be a bit anyway since a tour wasn't going to happen until after the next LP is released but UGH, I am just so anxious to see them live again!!

I don't think they'll do a world tour again. It's impossible for a tour to have a positive impact on environment. But we already have the chance to see them in the past. They accomplished what they want. I don't think they need to tour again.

• Like 1

So being in New Zealand I was able to catch the Sunrise performance live but Sunset I couldn’t as it aired at 3am.

Sunrise was by far the best

The opening track was just the studio recording I was kinda hoping for the real orchestra but that’s ok.

There were little flaws and nitpicks I could make about arabesque such as the sax solo timing and Chris and Stromae’s microphone not working thereafter.

Apart from that, this was absolutely excellent!!!! Church was beautiful, and I got goosebumps when Norah stepped into the circle, Trouble in Town slayed and honestly was better without the police sample live, BrokEn was fantastic with the gospel choir, Daddy was nice, WOTW/POTP was even better than the album version and I laughed when Chris said he finished the lyrics finally, and oh boy Arabesque was just spectacular everyone I could tell was having the time of their lives performing it. Even the closing track was divine and that’s my least favourite song off the album.

As for Sunset which I watched later, Orphans was an absolute winner out of this set, the boys rocked it! Bani Adam/ Champion of the world / Everyday Life were pretty great, Eko was even better with Jonnys guitar. The rest were okay but not as excellent as what i saw previously on sunrise.

ratings:

Sunrise Live: 9.5/10

Sunset Live: 7.0/10

• Like 7

ya, there was a part when he seemed to fall out of time, but I guess it happens. For some reason, tends to happen more with sax in my experiences!

Yes the sax/horn players weren’t wearing in-ear monitors so that’s probably why they were out of time with the click track. I guess that kind of stuff happens when you’re playing live though!

• Like 3

So being in New Zealand I was able to catch the Sunrise performance live but Sunset I couldn’t as it aired at 3am.

Sunrise was by far the best

The opening track was just the studio recording I was kinda hoping for the real orchestra but that’s ok.

There were little flaws and nitpicks I could make about arabesque such as the sax solo timing and Chris and Stromae’s microphone not working thereafter.

Apart from that, this was absolutely excellent!!!! Church was beautiful, and I got goosebumps when Norah stepped into the circle, Trouble in Town slayed and honestly was better without the police sample live, BrokEn was fantastic with the gospel choir, Daddy was nice, WOTW/POTP was even better than the album version and I laughed when Chris said he finished the lyrics finally, and oh boy Arabesque was just spectacular everyone I could tell was having the time of their lives performing it. Even the closing track was divine and that’s my least favourite song off the album.

As for Sunset which I watched later, Orphans was an absolute winner out of this set, the boys rocked it! Bani Adam/ Champion of the world / Everyday Life were pretty great, Eko was even better with Jonnys guitar. The rest were okay but not as excellent as what i saw previously on sunrise.

ratings:

Sunrise Live: 9.5/10

Sunset Live: 7.0/10

Everyday Life sounds pretty good everytime they play it live! One of their best songs at this whole livestream!

For me, Eko was a bit too loud played while Chris sung very quiet. For me it didn't transfer the feeling i get when i listen to the studio version. On Instagram they posted one clip while rehearsing Eko. There it sounded much more quiet and soft. I think that fits this song more.

• Like 1

Beautiful concerts, even though you could hear Chris’s vocal strain on Sunset (does he have a cold?). It was stunningly located and filmed, too.

But Old Friends — not live and lip synced? It’s like a kind of music video insert; I’m not sure why they did that.

• Like 1