Everyday Life - Live in Jordan on YouTube 22 Nov

Captain Crieff

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That whole concert was such a thing of beauty. When that flock of birds flew by in front of this huge, setting sun. :sob: I will forever associate the songs with today's setting and I love that.

This is the seventh album release I'm experiencing as a fan and they always managed to surprise and fascinate me anew. How lucky are we to be alive at the exact time as these guys?

• Like 7

Didnt know there was a screening. Where is it? Might go then. But did already sort of have plans haha.

Rembrandtplein at 8pm, says to bring headphones because you gotta scan some QR code to listen to the actual music via your phone. Literally no other information. Nor sure if its worth traveling almost 2 hours for it

That performance was just surreal. It was amazingly well directed and so the setting was so poignant, Amman seemed perfect for Everyday Life! I even loved the 2-3 minutes of prayer at the end, absolutely beautiful.

Highlight has to be Arabesque, it’s even better live!

• Like 7

On sunset side, I liked only COTW and Cry Cry Cry.

Depends at which criteria i am looking.

When we talk about Chris' voice and his singing, i think COTW was not so good. I liked Guns, Orphans, Everyday Life and Old Friend.

When we talk about the arrangement, i really liked Cry Cry Cry, COTW, Everyday Life and Orphans with all those People!

I think Everyday Life was all in all their strongest performance from Sunset.

Sadly, i didn't like Èkó at all (Arrangement + Chris' voice). And i absolutely LOVE the Studio Version of Èkó. Hopefully we see it again live with better Vocals and in a more "acoustic" way!

That whole concert was such a thing of beauty. When that flock of birds flew by in front of this huge, setting sun. :sob: I will forever associate the songs with today's setting and I love that.

Agreed!

I loved the part when When I need A Friend ends and it pans to the sky.... gosh, just perfect! The weather was beautiful and the atmosphere and the birds chirping.. just amazing!

• Like 4

I can't help but to think at some point this would be released officially. Why go through all that work just to put it on YouTube? Here's to hoping.

Thought the same! The way how it was filmed looks so good it needs to be released similar as Ghost Stories Live.

Maybe some post-production could be done, like fixing Chris' vocal issues.

• Like 1

We don't see someone who's had an account since 2003 log in and post very often! What was Coldplaying like in the AROBTTH days?

Haha...yah...maybe you'll get a few popping up since a new album just came out. This album and the live concert they added to celebrate the release of their record for some reason is causing even more excitement for me. Also, some the music on this new album is reflecting stuff from the old days.

In the AROBTTH days the messageboard looked different. They changed the design since the last time I logged in. It used to be light blue and smileys were old school looking. :) They were pretty cool. I can't find any examples on the internet! (that's sad ;'( )

Otherwise, I am sure it is similar. I haven't checked out the other threads to see what's being posted there.

Everyone loved the music and was excited to talk about. I was super excited back then about AROBTTH. I loved / love that album! Saw them in concert and then got that album and had it on repeat! First song that ever introduced me to Coldplay was Yellow on the radio though.

• Like 5

Would have loved a little tour with like 15-20 dates in little arenas ...

I bet you there will be something. Chris said hope to see you soon somewhere. Albums to good to do nothing. Hopefully they won't be in huge arenas and hopefully tickets are inexpensive. Either way, I'm happy to enjoy a new album!

• Like 1

I can't conceive they would literally just two this concert in Amman tomorrow and the one at the Natural History Museum in London and then NOTHING.

Surely a few intimate concerts somewhere is not impossible to expect?

• Like 2

Haha...yah...maybe you'll get a few popping up since a new album just came out. This album and the live concert they added to celebrate the release of their record for some reason is causing even more excitement for me. Also, some the music on this new album is reflecting stuff from the old days.

In the AROBTTH days the messageboard looked different. They changed the design since the last time I logged in. It used to be light blue and smileys were old school looking. :) They were pretty cool. I can't find any examples on the internet! (that's sad ;'( )

Otherwise, I am sure it is similar. I haven't checked out the other threads to see what's being posted there.

Everyone loved the music and was excited to talk about. I was super excited back then about AROBTTH. I loved / love that album! Saw them in concert and then got that album and had it on repeat! First song that ever introduced me to Coldplay was Yellow on the radio though.

I do remember the old smileys, they were the best! I think they disappeared when the old forum software broke (literally, it was very weird). I still have them all saved on my harddrive somewhere 5lz5u7b.gif

my inner nostalgia enthusiast has asked [uSER=100956]@Stephen[/uSER] to bring them back multiple times but I think he doesn't like them lEjPEnI.gifico4b6Z.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I can't conceive they would literally just two this concert in Amman tomorrow and the one at the Natural History Museum in London and then NOTHING.

Surely a few intimate concerts somewhere is not impossible to expect?

He said in one interview, that they are not touring this album but they are doing 7 little performances around the place. Whatever that means, i need to see one of those performances! :eek:

• Like 4