🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so the title track Fallen Empires is the biggest grower of a track ever. A couple weeks later and I suddenly think it's awesome, though seeing that live video may have helped a bit.

(If I may take another cheap shot at Coldplay for a second, those MX tracks still haven't grown on me, in spite of everyone telling me to give them a chance to be growers. In fact, they've somehow gotten worse since my first listens. I know what a proper "grower" is like. Don't educate me. :P)

I'm actually a little more lukewarm on "This Isn't Everything You Are" because it seems more like a safe inevitable single than anything. Really liking everything else I've heard so far, though.

Latest news- Sp will play @ Rock in Rio in Time 23:10 / 00:20 (Brasil time)

This Fallen Empires version is epic!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTm2mr3w79c&feature=player_embedded]Snow Patrol Fallen Empires Jools Holland Later Sept 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

Okay, so the title track Fallen Empires is the biggest grower of a track ever. A couple weeks later and I suddenly think it's awesome, though seeing that live video may have helped a bit.

(If I may take another cheap shot at Coldplay for a second, those MX tracks still haven't grown on me, in spite of everyone telling me to give them a chance to be growers. In fact, they've somehow gotten worse since my first listens. I know what a proper "grower" is like. Don't educate me. :P)

I'm actually a little more lukewarm on "This Isn't Everything You Are" because it seems more like a safe inevitable single than anything. Really liking everything else I've heard so far, though.

Yeah, I seriously think Fallen Empires (the song) is one of their most complete/fully realised songs ever, it's amazing! And if "This Isn't Everything You Are" is their safe, inevitable single, I'm happy- it does more than "Chasing Cars" and other lesser singles could ever do!

Yep, just saw that on Rock in Rio site too.

Can't wait for another epic performance of Fallen Empires :dance:

^^ this!!! :D

it's been the other way round for me...Fallen Empires was the standout track for me even from the 30sec snippet on Amazon UK. hearing it in its full glory (& with the volume up loud :P) just cemented it for me. with This Isn't everything You Are, it's been growing on me bit by bit. tho it did take re-listening it in a clearer/cleaner, less noisy context on the Jools Holland show for it to really sink in with me. think what's really grabbed me is the lyrics to the song...Gary's hit it home again with me & it's struck a chord in my life. pretty sure that's why it's been growing on me lately.

COITD i view as both SP's attempt at being a bit more poppy & in tune with the current trend to include elements of electronica in songs...so kinda like a Just Say Yes Part 2. & i think they pulled off the attempt to introduce a different sound much better tha CP.

COITD i view as both SP's attempt at being a bit more poppy & in tune with the current trend to include elements of electronica in songs...so kinda like a Just Say Yes Part 2. & i think they pulled off the attempt to introduce a different sound much better tha CP.

Yeah, if COITD is Snow Patrol's answer to ETIAW (*puke*), I can totally live with that. And if the other songs we've heard are any indication, it's not like they're abandoning their roots in favor of more electronica, anyway.

Hi everyone just saw this on tumblr so I thought of posting it here. I don't know how to upload stuff so they can be downloaded later but maybe someone could do it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPFF1XVspBA&feature=player_embedded]Rock in Rio 2011 - Snow Patrol -- Full Concert (Show Completo) 24/09/11 - YouTube[/ame]

Since Chasing Cars is bored and miss old band for my part :\

So is just after 2005 not more listened the music I have less interesting (I was not even on the net at this time). less energy or passion not know

the bass player and the voice is a whole. and the same passion in a band because created this band .

is incredible the album Final Straw

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkJdltbYOzs]Snow Patrol - How to Be Dead live @ Somerset House - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLOaWikUhps&feature=related]Snow Patrol Live At Somerset House - chocolate - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGqjWKSHvXI]WOW - Snow Patrol - YouTube[/ame]

off thread

miss the bass of rock alternative you know

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaWdz4sjyWI]Snow Patrol - Wow - YouTube[/ame]

seriously Mr.Chocolate is ? :stunned:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYIMKwf6wb0&feature=related]Snow Patrol - Called out in (official video) - YouTube[/ame]

Agreed on all points, although I think all the MX tracks are very big growers and I'd defend the album to the death.

Indeed, the album version of Fallen Empires didn't really do anything for me, but watching it live, the BBC1 version, really showed me what a beautiful and clever song it is. I used to think mandolins were a cheap trick Coldplay used for their B/C-Stage acoustic sections [no offense to Guy] but Nathan REALLY rocked out on it, which really surprised me. The Gary-Nathan-restofband vocals are also as brilliant as the Chris-Jonny vocals on Don't Panic and Politik.

This Isn't Everything You Are is a safe song, but I still think there's a reasonable change in sound. It's more exciting than Chasing Cars, and is about the same as Run for me. In any case, I like the line that has "fuck" in it...that was a well placed one, I think. :lol: The piano is also nice.

COITD is also cool...I noticed the dance-pop beat too. VERY disco. But I loved it on first listen. Gary's falsetto is a little offputting for me though. I guess I'm used to, and prefer, Chris's and Noel Gallagher's.

Since Chasing Cars is bored and miss old band for my part :\

So is just after 2005 not more listened the music I have less interesting (I was not even on the net at this time). less energy or passion not know

the bass player and the voice is a whole. and the same passion in a band because created this band .

is incredible the album Final Straw

off thread

miss the bass of rock alternative you know

seriously Mr.Chocolate is ? :stunned:

and Mr.Yellow has gone Mr.Paradise:laugh3:

http://www.snowpatrol.com/news/default.aspx?nid=36682

The second single to be taken from Snow Patrol's forthcoming new album 'Fallen Empires' will be 'This Isn't Everything You Are' and will be released on 13th November.

The track will receive its first official play tomorrow night on Zane Lowe's BBC Radio 1 show in the UK shortly after 7pm. You can listen online to Radio 1 from anywhere in the world at bbc.co.uk/radio1.

In other news, totally called TIEYA being a single. :P