August 12, 20215 yr Hi guys!!! Last Monday an Italian newspaper published a brief interview with violinist Davide Rossi. I'm Italian and live in Italy, so I promptly went to the newsagent's and bought the paper. In the article Rossi also discusses his collaboration with Coldplay and to the last question: "Beside 'Higher Power' and 'Coloratura', what can you tell us about the other songs from Coldplay's next album?", he replies: "The other songs have a vintage sound but they retain the group's characteristic essence. There'll be their typical positive perspective on life, that 'good vibration' which is fundamental in these hard times." Hope you'll find it interesting! ?
August 12, 20215 yr 1 hour ago, TheLostColdplayer said: Hi guys!!! Last Monday an Italian newspaper published a brief interview with violinist Davide Rossi. I'm Italian and live in Italy, so I promptly went to the newsagent's and bought the paper. In the article Rossi also discusses his collaboration with Coldplay and to the last question: "Beside 'Higher Power' and 'Coloratura', what can you tell us about the other songs from Coldplay's next album?", he replies: "The other songs have a vintage sound but they retain the group's characteristic essence. There'll be their typical positive perspective on life, that 'good vibration' which is fundamental in these hard times." Hope you'll find it interesting! ? That is indeed interesting, thank you!!
August 12, 20215 yr Viva La Vida, Coloratura, Sunrise... Davide is such a wonder! I'm glad that he's still around ?
August 17, 20215 yr On 8/11/2021 at 2:10 AM, TheBigBadBono said: Thought you guys might want to read this. I don't know anything about music theory at all, but it's good to see the band getting recognition from actual Emmy-winning composers and other people of that nature. Check it out! https://www.stereogum.com/2156845/coldplay-coloratura-music-theory/columns/in-theory/ Great analysis in this article!!!! Very similar tricks Explorers plus United States of Eurasia by Muse, and Bohemian Rhapsody. if anyone is curious what Lydian mode sounds like, listen to the Simpson’s theme and I guarantee you’ll hear Coloratura!
August 20, 20215 yr second single (much likely "my universe") should come out in less than a month, when do you think they will announce it officially ?
August 20, 20215 yr 4 hours ago, johnnymax8652 said: second single (much likely "my universe") should come out in less than a month, when do you think they will announce it officially ? Probably September 17
August 21, 20215 yr Just saw the back of the Higher Power CD and I'm confident that Music of the Spheres will be divided into 2 Volumes and 3 Parts. MOTS Vol.1 already has Music of the Spheres I & II with 8 tracks each. This would mean that track 5 on MOTS Vol.2 is MOTS III and Vol.2 will have 12 songs as well. This is just a guess but it would make a lot of sense with the attached picture of the Higher Power CD and the Lithograph also says: Vol l. From Earth With Love. Vol.2 will probably be the right one. Edited September 8, 20215 yr by X AND Y
August 21, 20215 yr 11 hours ago, IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8 said: I hope Humankind will be the 3rd single, and the 4th POTP except for Pricess of China and Everglow all of their fourth singles flopped hard, so I hope People of the Pride gets to be the 3rd ?
August 21, 20215 yr On 8/20/2021 at 3:11 PM, X AND Y said: Probably September 17 I hate how that sounds so likely, we're literally starving right now ?
August 21, 20215 yr 1 hour ago, X AND Y said: Just saw the back of the Higher Power CD and I'm confident that Music of the Spheres will be divided into 2 Volumes and 3 Parts. MOTS Vol.1 already has Music of the Spheres I & II with 8 tracks each. This would mean that track 4 on MOTS Vol.2 is MOTS III and Vol.2 will have 12 songs as well. This is just a guess but it would make a lot of sense with the attached picture of the Higher Power CD and the Lithograph also says: Vol l. From Earth With Love. Vol.2 will probably be the right one. That's the exact theory I came up with a few weeks ago, I hope we're right, three albums would be too much ?
August 21, 20215 yr Regardless of when we get the singles, I think, looking to the future, we're gonna get the "Vol.2" early next year. There is literally no way they would do a winter tour due to Covid unfortunately increasing and getting worse surely until next summer again. So a summer 2022 stadium tour would be the best bet for them to actually perform in front of a live audience. Until then they have quite a lot of time and that's probably why they've been recording further on. It's a tantalizing prospect however, are we set for another album or an EP style vol.2? In any case, stylistically it's gonna be part of MOTS, the third part too, so that means this era will be extended surely by a year and in my view, will last until 2023-24. Then if they want, they will probably come up with something completely different.
August 22, 20215 yr 9 hours ago, Miha said: Regardless of when we get the singles, I think, looking to the future, we're gonna get the "Vol.2" early next year. There is literally no way they would do a winter tour due to Covid unfortunately increasing and getting worse surely until next summer again. So a summer 2022 stadium tour would be the best bet for them to actually perform in front of a live audience. Until then they have quite a lot of time and that's probably why they've been recording further on. It's a tantalizing prospect however, are we set for another album or an EP style vol.2? In any case, stylistically it's gonna be part of MOTS, the third part too, so that means this era will be extended surely by a year and in my view, will last until 2023-24. Then if they want, they will probably come up with something completely different. Maybe we will see some teasers in the booklet for Vol.2. I hope that the Kubik Limited Edition has at least something unique compared to the standard version apart from the looks. That's probably not going to happen, but one can dream?
August 25, 20215 yr On 8/12/2021 at 2:54 AM, Schultz91 said: Would anyone be able to send me V2? I can only find it on one site and I can’t access it. I’d appreciate it. The Race have two leaked version? I just heard the Kaleidoscope version in full length. And a snippet from a AHFOD documentary.. Can anyone send to me?
August 29, 20215 yr Ball Music ??? https://illinoisnewstoday.com/coldplay-confirmation-new-album-ball-music/313994/
August 29, 20215 yr 20 minutes ago, jcfromparis said: Ball Music ??? https://illinoisnewstoday.com/coldplay-confirmation-new-album-ball-music/313994/ Bad translation I think, see this article has a link to the original Rolling Stones article
August 30, 20215 yr 22 hours ago, jcfromparis said: Ball Music ??? https://illinoisnewstoday.com/coldplay-confirmation-new-album-ball-music/313994/ I have no idea what happened there, but this is pretty hilarious. Ball Music.
Create an account or sign in to comment