✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

15 minutes ago, stepstr said:

here's a thought.

could october 15 be an important day space wise? if so, maybe there's a pattern for all upcoming releases (the singles, vol 2 & 3, etc.)

This is a pretty noteworthy event:

October 15, 1997: NASA launchedΒ Cassini, beginning the spacecraft's long journey to Saturn. Cassini reached Saturn’s orbit in July 2004 and has been used to collect data on the planet’s composition, rings, moons and atmosphere. The launch vehicle used was a Titan IVB with a Centaur upper stage.

Source:Β https://www.nasa.gov/exploration/thismonth/this_month_oct_07.html

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, coldplaykb said:

This is a pretty noteworthy event:

October 15, 1997: NASA launchedΒ Cassini, beginning the spacecraft's long journey to Saturn. Cassini reached Saturn’s orbit in July 2004 and has been used to collect data on the planet’s composition, rings, moons and atmosphere. The launch vehicle used was a Titan IVB with a Centaur upper stage.

Source:Β https://www.nasa.gov/exploration/thismonth/this_month_oct_07.html

hmmm i don't think this is the case. i meanΒ i doubt there will be cassini mentions on the album

Good research all. Yeah I'm pretty thoroughly convinced that we WILL get multiple albums/releases over the next year.Β 

It's definitely true that they've used Vol. 1 before inaccurately, and I'd include Global Citizen EP Vol. 1 by Los Unidades in that grouping. That said, it just makes sense for these reasons:Β 

The band had to delay releases/tour during the pandemic, so they have more time in studio if they want it. Releasing MORE music is a big trend right now amongst popular artist (i.e. Taylor Swift with Evermore and Folklore). We know Coldplay has TONS of unreleased tracks from past eras to rework. Having a second, third volume allows the band to stretch out this era as long as they want (maybe years) so they can incorporate it into their touring when that's safe and environmentally friendly. The concept of "Spheres" as planets as unique songs can get stretched a long way. Chris has always said that they like to have a concept or a name and move from there. But when they're done with an album, they're done. Is it possible that when Chris said they've finished something recently, that it's actually all three volumes? Or maybe just the two volumes?

• Like 7

7 hours ago, JustSomeone said:

Guys! Let's talk about The Race.

Yes, it is true that last weekendΒ someone uploaded aΒ version of The Race.

Here's the important part:

1. Before oneΒ could make any claim regarding how 'new' this version might be, let's clarify what 'new' means: before last weekend, IΒ was aware of two versions of The Race: theΒ shortΒ AHFOD-movie version, as well as a long version which surfaced online last summer.Β 

2.Β  What are the rules on this forum regarding talking about / discussing unreleased material? Let's say someone downloaded the version that was uploaded, and would like to verify whether he/she owns a new version, what can he/she share in this forum while respecting the rules?

Edited by Cold003

Soz, I screwed up the quote above ^

Β 

Anyway... Wasn'tthat guy who posted a snippet few days ago that sounds like GS version but with female voice? I tried contacting him but looks like he vanished, Idk if we will hear the full thing nowΒ 

?

Also there's a thread dedicated for the Race afaik

Edited by Cold003
Typos

1 hour ago, lennyrott1 said:

Is it possible that when Chris said they've finished something recently, that it's actually all three volumes? Or maybe just the two volumes?

I remember Chris said they had a strict schedule to follow (whatever that means), otherwise Mr. Will Champion would be very mad at him. So this could be a potential confirmation of all the releases they are planning to give us out.

I think it was the same interview, where he told us about a handwritten announcement.Β 

Edited by stepstr
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, coldplaykb said:

Β 

Oh yeah I know we will see three releases. I was just saying I wonder if the YouTube branding and the countdown at the beginning of Higher Power (3-2-1 instead of the usual 4-3-2-1) was a hint at 3 volumes before we found out through Chris' note.

That's not impossible when it comes to Coldplay ?

• Like 1

Had a dream last night that once the, Music of the SpheresΒ era/chapter was over they'd release one last album/CD set and it containedΒ had all of Coldplay's B-side only song tracks. They may've hinted at a few new songs too but I forget...

Β 

Guess I have a wild imagination but it was be neat to see an only B-side album.

• Like 1

Hey folks! :awesome:

FYI I've just created some threads in this LP9 subforum for each MOTS vol1 tracks that didn't have its own thread yet!

Please post directly on there when it comes to discussing a specific track so that we can keep this main thread not too messyΒ ?

Excited to see what your thoughts are on all those songs!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

I've been researching through some recent interviews and this oneΒ caught my attention.

I had already watchedΒ it but something clicked when I read Chris's handwritten note with "Music of the Spheres (vol. i)" and the expression "it was is produced by Max Martin", soΒ I went back to YouTube, looking for the interview.

Maybe the second volume is going to be called Music of the Spheres as well (like the first four albums by Peter Gabriel). Moreover, they seem to be working on new music at the moment and this new music is probably not going to be included in the first volume as one of Coldplay's rules states: "Make sure videos and pictures are great before setting a release date" which likely applies to music as well, an album should be complete before setting a release date, track listing, etc...

This is pure speculation, but I thought it could be useful to share it!

Β 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TealAppeal said:

Had a dream last night that once the, Music of the SpheresΒ era/chapter was over they'd release one last album/CD set and it containedΒ had all of Coldplay's B-side only song tracks. They may've hinted at a few new songs too but I forget...

Β 

Guess I have a wild imagination but it was be neat to see an only B-side album.

This is a fun idea. There's a few songs that are hinted for reworking like UATW and UFO, so I wonder if volume 2 could even be populated with B-sides and alt versions. But that seems like wishful thinking indeed. ?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

This is a fun idea. There's a few songs that are hinted for reworking like UATW and UFO, so I wonder if volume 2 could even be populated with B-sides and alt versions. But that seems like wishful thinking indeed. ?

Ooooh that's an interesting idea! Re-worked songs that are changed to sound like they came from The Spheres...

• Like 2

21 hours ago, AnaMarie said:

What?!! We’re did this came from?!! Ahhhh ?!!!Β 

Jordanator saidΒ got it on social media can't remember which one someone DMd Victoria and she gave that answer

They are definitely working together though on something...

Screenshot_20210722-154817_Discord.jpg

Edited by harrisonrules
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

It's interesting that Humankind and Human Heart are both on an album that's set in another solar system. Makes me think the whole album is meant to be an allegory for the diversity and beauty of our own planet. Sometimes people on our own planet feel so far away, as if they do not live in our world, yet we are still one. And, as the great astrophysicist and astronomer Carl Sagan suggested, we are one with the stars as well, because we are made from them.

7a2d7611f33cb4771c8a51cd2076afaa.jpg.16cc89530e38bc5762f6eb2801e580db.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Care 1

9 hours ago, stepstr said:

is there any info about mots japanese version and/or potential bonus tracks?

(i do not accept any jokes about the race or rescue st or heart on fire lol)Β 

So far I haven't seen anything, probably have to wait until the album release.. I just hope it's not heart on fire ?

We asume it's a demo coming from the AHFOD era. It seems that it's just a proof of concept tho, maybe they made this demo just to see how it sounded, and Chris started mumbling over it, since he doesn't seemΒ to be singing lol! Has a nice chord progression tho!

• Like 5

So, just realized that now we know the opener and the closer of MOTS.

Which means we can updated the album rankings ?

How would you do? Mine is (for a while):

Openers - Square One / Politik / MX + HLH / DP / Sunrise / AHFOD / AIMH / MOTS + HP / LIT

Closers - Coloratura / ENL / EL / DAAHF / Amsterdam / O / U&U / TL / UWTB

• Like 2

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion