I wheel up with another dose

I soar with my body floats

Love in a lethal dose

Love in a lethal dose

Love in a lethal dose

Edited by I ran away
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, I ran away said:

By the way, I keep wondering if the chimy synth pad you can hear in the background of Lethal Drug is the same as the one used in Birds. It sounds like the same pad to me!

Well that's an interesting theory, and it does make sense that both songs were produced in MX era.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

On 11/12/2020 at 6:15 PM, I ran away said:

Did Birds originate in the MX era?

Well in my theory, some MX songs eventually turned into AHFOD songs, colourful theme.

Like Chris would often do, write songs and then hide them for a couple of years.

Chris do like the word Bird, Silver Birds or Up With The Birds etc.

But anyway there's no strong evidence showing Birds was written in MX era.

Edited by Admirice
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Gideon_Mx said:

It really is a beautiful song, I just listened to it after a long long time! I missed it! :grin:

Totally agree!

It's such a shame the band didn't choose to make LIALD to the album.

Like a long lost jewel in my opinion.

• Like 3

On 11/12/2020 at 8:22 AM, Gideon_Mx said:

It really is a beautiful song, I just listened to it after a long long time! I missed it! :grin:

Btw the guitar track is easy to pick up.

Like about four chords in total, starting with B major and then E major, A major, C minor in the chorus part.

Recently I performed this song in my college, my mates said it is a great song!

Edited by Admirice
  • Like 2

On 11/11/2020 at 5:02 PM, The Jordanator said:

Beautiful song ❤️ must have been one of the singles for the proposed ‘Wedding Album’ at the time

Only god knows where did the Wedding Album go.

Hoping that in MOTS we could hear some MX reworked songs.

I would die if four of them decide to put Love In A Lethal Dose into the LP9!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, Gideon_Mx said:

If you don't mind me asking, isn't the song actually called ''Lethal Drug''? Or did you use a different song title on purpose? Or maybe I missed something ?

This song was actually named Love In A Lethal Dose in MX era, but somehow it changed into Lethal Drug when handed to Avicii.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gideon_Mx said:

How do you know?

It was in the songlist wall while they were recording MX (You can see it in South Bank Show). Also it's in the north american tour book of MX as first planned setlist for Glastonbury 2011 (as L.I.A.L.D, but we know it's basically Love in a Lethal Dose). 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Xyloband_99 said:

It was in the songlist wall while they were recording MX (You can see it in South Bank Show). Also it's in the north american tour book of MX as first planned setlist for Glastonbury 2011 (as L.I.A.L.D, but we know it's basically Love in a Lethal Dose). 

Ah okay. I had no idea!!! Thank you! ?

22 hours ago, Xyloband_99 said:

Do you have a picture of said mention?

1 hour ago, MarckozZ said:

Do you have a picture of said mention?

Here it is. They planned to play it on Glastonbury 2011. Also it says L.I.A.L.D. or T. K. Come. That means it could be an acoustic song and guitar richment in the song supports this theory. Another things are Car Kids after Charlie Brown and the last song. They first planned to play Moving to Mars but then decided to Up with the Birds. But then they changed their mind again and decided to play ETIAW. Also i know that they planned Moving to Mars to be the last song on the album instead of Up with the Birds. Coldplay has a thing that they play album opener as concert opener and album closer as concert closer so maybe that's why they planned Moving to Mars and Up with the Birds in this setlist.

IMG_9978.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

On 11/16/2020 at 2:14 PM, Xyloband_99 said:

Here it is. They planned to play it on Glastonbury 2011. Also it says L.I.A.L.D. or T. K. Come. That means it could be an acoustic song and guitar richment in the song supports this theory. Another things are Car Kids after Charlie Brown and the last song. They first planned to play Moving to Mars but then decided to Up with the Birds. But then they changed their mind again and decided to play ETIAW. Also i know that they planned Moving to Mars to be the last song on the album instead of Up with the Birds. Coldplay has a thing that they play album opener as concert opener and album closer as concert closer so maybe that's why they planned Moving to Mars and Up with the Birds in this setlist.

IMG_9978.jpg

Its great to see proof that Charlie Brown and Car Kids are separate songs... :D Also this means LIALD has a MX version!!! Wow!

• Like 2

Oh wow interesting!!!! WHAT IS CAR KIDS!???! I had kinda convinced myself that it was either HLH or Charlie Brown but this clearly shows that it's most likely it's own song. AGH. 

Given the material they reused for Everyday Life, so I also wonder if LP9 uses updated versions of Car Kids or LIALD

• Like 1

So there was some YouTube clip of an unreleased Coldplay song (published under an account dedicated to Coldplay unreleased), which was about 30 seconds of a song and was titled ‘Unknown Song (Car Kids???)’ and from what I can recall sounded dark and heavy, kinda like X&Y meets Mylo Xyloto. I’d never heard it before. It’s not on YouTube anymore unfortunately it’s been taken down. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MartyMcFly1 said:

I've always assumed Car Kids was the outro on Charlie Brown...whether or not that is the remnants of another song, who knows?

They're definitely different songs as both were listed on one of the draft tracklists for Mylo Xyloto

4 hours ago, Xyloband_99 said:

Maybe they took a part of car kids and used it in Charlie Brown. Like they did it with Aiko. Main melody of Aiko is used in Major Minus’ brisge part

What's known as Aiko is just the reprise of Major Minus used in the Live 2012 film. It's not an actual so g called Aiko

10 hours ago, The Jordanator said:

So there was some YouTube clip of an unreleased Coldplay song (published under an account dedicated to Coldplay unreleased), which was about 30 seconds of a song and was titled ‘Unknown Song (Car Kids???)’ and from what I can recall sounded dark and heavy, kinda like X&Y meets Mylo Xyloto. I’d never heard it before. It’s not on YouTube anymore unfortunately it’s been taken down. 

When did you see that video? Is it recent or old?

• Like 1