✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Higher Power Official Music Video - Out Now!

Coeurli

ok, so the photos i found were 31 unique images (i probably missed a few) so ill put em in the google doc because id have to have like 6 posts here to include all the pics and they took forever to upload. i'll get cracking on decoding a few, but i gotta leave in about 30 minutes.

• Thanks 2

Anyone else find it confusing when in the end Chris takes off from the ground, a planet which is visible above looks exactly like Kaotica, no? So where does this video take place then? It was supposed to be on Kaotica. Sorry I'm totally lost ?

Writing down my first theories before I forget about them :laugh3:

1. The 3 part mention at the beginning : 3 big singles which will form some sort of film or story when put all together. Chris leaves to another planet/place at the end so I assume he will arrive somewhere else in the next video

2. The character (Angel Moon) which we see on the screen at the beginning and the end may appear again in other videos. Could be a character known all over The Spheres

This video is nothing we've ever seen before and it's amazing to see them be so ambitious!!!! My favourite part I think is the choreography. Chris just looks great doing this bit and it just works. It works. It's possible they worked a bit with him on making that choreography, because it looks almost natural on him. It's really well done.

I also absolutely love the intro, from the MOTS bits to the moment he starts walking on that planet. Some gorgeous shots there! Also love to see the band, very cool to have added those eletric fields on them. Jonny looks like the proper guitar hero that he is :laugh3: 

Sure some of the video may look...goofy and kind of odd or cheesy but overall it's really great and again I really embrace their creativity and ambition! Amazing. :dazzled: 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, CP-EST said:

Anyone else find it confusing when in the end Chris takes off from the ground, a planet which is visible above looks exactly like Kaotica, no? So where does this video take place then? It was supposed to be on Kaotica. Sorry I'm totally lost ?

11 minutes ago, CP-EST said:

That's a very good point :laugh3: definitely some kind of mistake????? Weird that they would make such a big mistake though :laugh3: because they definitely confirmed that the video takes place on Kaotica.

Fun video with great visuals! I kind of wish it had a bit more of a plot, but my guess is that HP is part 2, and parts 1 and 3 will make everything a lot clearer. Like lots of interesting things happen visually but it's not as plotless and delightful as say, the LIJ or Up&Up or ETIAW videos where it's clear that nothing is really going on but seeing the band do cool stuff. HP kinda reminds me of videos like Charlie Brown, HFTW, and POC where visually something really interesting is happening but really there's no discernible plot as opposed to videos with *really good plots* like say, Strawberry Swing or the Scientist. I guess I'm already projecting some of my emotions about HP in general, which is that I think it's a good song but lacks directionality/plot/build. I just listened to Midnight a moment ago and wow, that song really knows how to build and layer. So still trying to reserve judgment till we hear the whole album. 

Noel Gallagher did a 3-part music video (whoa, 10 years ago) that's pretty fun:

• Like 2

On 6/8/2021 at 12:54 PM, Coeurli said:

Oh by the way there's a cool thread on Twitter about the visual similarities between Blade Runner and the Higher Power video. It was definitely one of the inspirations for Dave Meyers:

That makes sense. I see a lot of similarities with Star Wars, too, and I'm not just talking about resemblance between the "angel moon" sign and Ahsoka Tano. Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones shows a part of the planet Coruscant that looks quite similar to the scenes inside the Kaotican city.

22.jpg.497251a0c33f07486398945faf6759cf.jpg

49 minutes ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

Fun video with great visuals! I kind of wish it had a bit more of a plot, but my guess is that HP is part 2, and parts 1 and 3 will make everything a lot clearer. Like lots of interesting things happen visually but it's not as plotless and delightful as say, the LIJ or Up&Up or ETIAW videos where it's clear that nothing is really going on but seeing the band do cool stuff. HP kinda reminds me of videos like Charlie Brown, HFTW, and POC where visually something really interesting is happening but really there's no discernible plot as opposed to videos with *really good plots* like say, Strawberry Swing or the Scientist. I guess I'm already projecting some of my emotions about HP in general, which is that I think it's a good song but lacks directionality/plot/build. I just listened to Midnight a moment ago and wow, that song really knows how to build and layer. So still trying to reserve judgment till we hear the whole album. 

Noel Gallagher did a 3-part music video (whoa, 10 years ago) that's pretty fun:

Ironically, Noel's two most recent music videos tie into one another. The video for Flying On The Ground continues the story from the video for We're On Our Way Now.

Something about the Higher Power video makes me think it's supposed to be part 1 of 3. But at the same time, if there are 12 planets in the fictional solar system, wouldn't there be one song for each of them? So how would the video for Higher Power tie into two other videos that are set on completely different planets? Oh well, hopefully it'll all be clearer before too long.

• Like 2

If there are 12 planets then it could be a visual album, with them visiting each planet? that could be a way of introducing the different spheres to us and would allow for a more elaborate storyline to tie the different planets and songs together. 

And I agree, the video for the scientist is still my favourite one (admittedly I don't watch music videos very often), it was probably much lower budget but has a good storyline and it's just perfect!

• Like 2

I agree, this video is something they've never done before. It's obvious the budget for this one was just a little bit bigger than for, let's say, Yellow ?

Because someone earlier said something about Chris walking just like he walked on the beach for Yellow, I was looking for more similarities to previous videos. Here are some things that reminded me of earlier videos: 

• At 1.16 you see Chris backwards like a broken record. Obvious Scientist vibes. 
  • At 1.27 his hand moves reminded me a bit of Viva la Vida. 

On the other hand, these are just Chris moves I guess, just like the rotating dance at 1.35, which he always does live. So maybe I'm just searching for something there isn't. I like that he's completely embracing dancing in this video, but I was a little bit sad it took so long for the band to come out. But when they did, they sure were electric! 

Edited by Bauk
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Bauk said:

I agree, this video is something they've never done before. It's obvious the budget for this one was just a little bit bigger than for, let's say, Yellow ?

Because someone earlier said something about Chris walking just like he walked on the beach for Yellow, I was looking for more similarities to previous videos. Here are some things that reminded me of earlier videos: 

• At 1.16 you see Chris backwards like a broken record. Obvious Scientist vibes. 
  • At 1.27 his hand moves reminded me a bit of Viva la Vida. 

On the other hand, these are just Chris moves I guess, just like the rotating dance at 1.35, which he always does live. So maybe I'm just searching for something there isn't. I like that he's completely embracing dancing in this video, but I was a little bit sad it took so long for the band to come out. But when they did, they sure were electric! 

What could be more phallic than Jonny's guitar. :lol: 

Agree - embracing the dance is interesting and speaks to a weird level of confidence from Chris. You may remember in 2008 - "I can't dance but I'm enthusiastic!" (at 1:25)

Visually it's a 10 for me. And the intro is perfect.

But I didn't like the dancing holograms the first time and I don't like them here too. I was expecting some kind of plot, something about inspiring others to leave the planet or someting, idk.

• stephen changed the title to Higher Power Official Music Video - Out Now!

The music video is impressive, holy wow...
I can't stand Chris' dance though, he looks ridiculous. ?

I generally hate this song with a passion, there is not a thing that I like about this song. 

But the video, wow. Minus the dancers, I think that this would have been a perfect video for Hurts Like Heaven.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...