✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Song - A Wave

tallerolder

It's definitely a great and very atmospheric songs. Judging by what the band do with great songs, it's either

1. not release them

2. release them but never play them live

3. release them, play them live n<10 times and then drop them off the setlist

though. 🤡

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Angry 1

A wave is one of those weird and rare songs where I can't put my finger on the feeling it gives me. Very few songs do this to me, one of which is End Credits by Coldplay, which was used in a similar way to A Wave (and was release don the live album like I hope A Wave to be). I think the feeling is somewhere between sadness, nostalgia and calmness. It's like Coldplay got the slow groove of New York I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down by LCD Soundsystem, put the ambient flair of End Credits in and added a dash of mesmerising lyrics on top. They're simple lyrics, but in this song I see them more as an instrument than actual lyrics. And, of course, it's a Coldplay song so the lyrics don't really mean anything anyway. :escaping2:

A beautiful song, but I think I don't want it to have a studio release. I don't feel End Credits could have worked as a studio release (even though you can make one yourself by reversing A Head Full Of Dreams :D) and I don't feel like A Wave would either.

On 3/28/2022 at 12:15 AM, I ran away said:

It's definitely a great and very atmospheric songs. Judging by what the band do with great songs, it's either

1. not release them

2. release them but never play them live

3. release them, play them live n<10 times and then drop them off the setlist

though. 🤡

this hurt more than it should have

This YouTuber talks about "A Wave" song and provides a bit of bonus information that was in the Box Set for Music of the Spheres. I didn't own the box set so this was a surprise to me.

What do ya'll think AUROW1 means?

Edited by TealAppeal
Spelling
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, TealAppeal said:

This YouTuber talks about "A Wave" song and provides a bit of bonus information that was in the Box Set for Music of the Spheres. I didn't own the box set so this was a surprise to me.

What do ya'll think AUROW1 means?

AUROW1 likely has something to do with Aurora. I have a theory though...

AURO means Aurora.

W1 could be World 1 - perhaps Aurora will be the first planet of MOTS2?

Alternatively, what if W stands for Wave? I don't know.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I've just been watching the AHFOD documentary and somewhere near the 15 minute mark there's an ambient piece that sounds strikingly like A Wave. I haven't got to the credits yet so it might be something else, but it might be worth looking into it.

There are other tracks, including one that seems to be based on Midnight. It would be really nice to have these released some day.

Edited by Doomotron

38 minutes ago, Doomotron said:

I've just been watching the AHFOD documentary and somewhere near the 15 minute mark there's an ambient piece that sounds strikingly like A Wave. I haven't got to the credits yet so it might be something else, but it might be worth looking into it.

That's Hurts Like Heaven snippet

I recorded The Race at the May 12th concert in AZ. I'll post it later, not really happy about the footage so I'd like to edit it and show folks a still photo of the band while it plays. Hope it's a crisper version of it but we will see.

• 2 months later...

MY GOD is that a great interlude! I hope it gets released in some way!
It gives me Always In My Head/O/O (Prelude) mixed with The Escapist vibes especially the way it's structured.
Possibly an unused interlude that the album would close?
Aurora?
Did they keep it to use it on alive album or their next project no idea, but it's way too good!

Edited by nowayme

8 hours ago, Divutian said:

they will most likely only include it on the live album, similar to end credits on AHFOD, it really wouldnt work as a studio release i think. they might have a high quality version for the credits of the live film tho

Hopefully the live album is mixed better than Live In Buenos Aires!

Lyrically and stylistically is essentially a new "The Escapist" for MOTS, like it would be a hidden track or something. I guess Coloratura was included in the album in the last moment, or it was planned to have A Wave as a hidden track after, listen to the transitions before and on the end of the track and it makes full sense.

1 hour ago, Dexynboy said:

I try remove the crowd sound from the Live in Paris broadcast, and this is a test. I will make full mix soon. 🙂💙

Well, it's certainly a good effort. I assume you didn't just use Audcaity - what's the process like?

Wow! That's really good. It's not perfect but it's clearer than it's ever been. If a studio version releases* it'll be interesting to see how different the recordings are, bar the slight audience noise. That said, near the end there is a weird noise, like a car horn or something - is that part of the actual song?

*Of course, since A Wave is not performed live it already is a studio version, just one that is not yet publicly available.

2 hours ago, nowayme said:

It's somekind of leak of somebody testing a guitar chord progression that is not able to be heard at all on the live recording but the AI is able to pick it.

I guess you made quite the AI then! Do you plan on using it elsewhere? This could be an amazing tool not just for live recordings; it could be used to remaster tracks for example. Even more exciting is that it could make A View From The Top audible, and perhaps boost Chris' lyrics in Lukas.

Seriously, this AI needs releasing.