πŸŒ™ COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎡

πŸŒ™ Coldplay: Moon Music 🎡 | Out October 4th | Discussion

Doomotron

We have a teaser for Fells like I am falling in love... My prediction single release next Friday. Also we see new clothes hopefully tomorrow in Athen!πŸ₯°

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

FLIFIL is sounding like a very big tune. The climax seems to go to heaven.

Haven't heard great quality and full song, but sound mix in this official snippet seems quite full and well balanced, you can hear them all and it is definitely sounding like rock band. I guess the feeling is currently that it is definitely something different and new, can imagine it work really well on stadium. Let's see

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Famous Old Painter said:

Why do I get the feeling we're going to be saying this many, many times

What more do you need than a teaser for a new song to say that it has begun ?

I was looking around for articles hoping maybe something else had been revealed, and found this one from the NMEΒ 

https://www.nme.com/news/music/first-time-watch-coldplay-share-teaser-of-new-single-3763739

ColdplayΒ have shared a teaser of a new single,Β which appears to be titled β€˜First Time’ – check out the clip below.

The 20-second snippet was posted to the band’s Instagram account earlier today (June 7), with the simple caption reading: β€œfirst time”. It would be the band’s first new material since 2021’s β€˜Music Of The Spheres’. It also comes with the hashtag #FLIFIL – which fans believe is an acronym for their new album.

Safe to say NME don't have any information to revealΒ 

Posted (edited)

I like what I'm hearing from this. At least, it's different from what I expected it to be. I didn't have high hopes for the album going in but I get the feeling this is going to be a song full of piano and guitar. Exciting to be on the cusp of a new era again. Happy to see Jon Hopkins on the track as well and John Metcalfe who was on Coloratura.Β 

Edited by HowCouldIForget
  • Like 1

Is there anyone that went to the fan's meetup and got to listen to the full song, who can comment on general terms, how it sounded? Good? Okay? Bad? Meh? Fantastic? Amazing?Β 

• Like 1

Someone posted this on redditΒ 

Β 

Yes, I enjoyed it a lot. Still being mixed and not the final version we heard tonight, but if the rest of the album is like this, I’m really looking forward to it.Β Had a hopeful feel to it, which is much needed these days.Β It sounded more stripped back than the newer stuff, while still having elements of it. It made me feel the way I felt listening to them ~15 years ago. Not sure if it was the atmosphere or what, but the whole night was magical.Β I like something in most of their songs, but I haven’t felt the way I used to feel, while listening to them in a while. This one was immediate. I hope the final mix is similar to what we heard tonight. No problem, we were really lucky tonight. Happy to share what I can because I think a lot of people will like this one.

• Thanks 1

https://x.com/coldplayxtra/status/1799195685197164748

Phil thinks it's their best album ever (aka standard PR) and that an announcement is soon. But they're still putting finishing touches on it (still!), the FLIFIL mix isn't quite finished, and that the amount of time it then takes to manufacture and distribute vinyl means the release date is still a little while off.Β 

Theoretically they could do a digital release first and roll out the vinyl a few months later, but I don't see Warner wanting to fragment the release that way as it may negatively effect chart numbers. So we're probably looking at the end of the yearΒ 

• Like 2

• stephen changed the title to πŸŒ™ Coldplay: Moon Music 🎡 | Out October 4th | Discussion