Jump to content
🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

🌙 Coldplay: Moon Music 🎵 | Out October 4th | Discussion


Doomotron

Recommended Posts

Hi there, I´m new here so be nice😂

I´ve been reading a lot of your posts and I have a simple but key question: where does the information about this next album coming from? Because I see you already got a possible title (Moon Music?)... 

I have to say that I don´t really love the point where Coldplay are nowadays, MOTS is by far their worst album in my opinion, but I also recognize that I miss enjoying them live, because the last time I saw them it was Madrid´s world presentation of Mylo Xyloto, so I bought today tickets for Dublin and Munich (I´ll go only to one of those, but that´s another story).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2023 at 7:59 PM, edupoint said:

Hi there, I´m new here so be nice😂

I´ve been reading a lot of your posts and I have a simple but key question: where does the information about this next album coming from? Because I see you already got a possible title (Moon Music?)... 

I have to say that I don´t really love the point where Coldplay are nowadays, MOTS is by far their worst album in my opinion, but I also recognize that I miss enjoying them live, because the last time I saw them it was Madrid´s world presentation of Mylo Xyloto, so I bought today tickets for Dublin and Munich (I´ll go only to one of those, but that´s another story).

Leaks, interviews and performances mainly. The title of the album was given in an interview quite a while ago now. Most of the songs assumed to be on the album have already been performed, with the exception of Robots which was confirmed by Coldplay in an interview but has not been heard yet. There is no official confirmation on a tracklist yet, but there are some songs that are more likely to be on the next album than others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, there was also a post by Nile Rodgers where he said he had been working with them on some new stuff last year.

On 7/25/2023 at 8:59 PM, edupoint said:

I have to say that I don´t really love the point where Coldplay are nowadays, MOTS is by far their worst album in my opinion

Well, you're not alone in thinking this, ahahaha. I wish I could go back in time to see one of their Viva la Vida or Mylo shows, I was a kid back then. I discovered them much later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/29/2023 at 4:27 AM, Doomotron said:

Leaks, interviews and performances mainly. The title of the album was given in an interview quite a while ago now. Most of the songs assumed to be on the album have already been performed, with the exception of Robots which was confirmed by Coldplay in an interview but has not been heard yet. There is no official confirmation on a tracklist yet, but there are some songs that are more likely to be on the next album than others.

After sending my post I did a little research and found the canadian CityNews interview where they´re so clear and sure about it, and the Rogers´words too. Thanks anyway, I hope I´d like a little more the next one than MOTS...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whatever the next chapter in the MOTS album series might be, I honestly have very low expectations (which is good so that I could easily be surprised by what they will put out).

The point is that their recent music lacks imperfection. It is so polished and glossly produced that it feels almost lifeless to me. Take for instance the beginning of "Rainy Day" or "Life is For Living", that imperfection, that makes those songs really shine. They feel real, you can feel human hands playing material instruments, real vocals that sound imperfectly human.

So we will see, but they seem to have chosen a clear direction in MOTS and apparently they will be following it in their future releases, with Max as producer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Also Chris said: 

Album will launch in May 2024 and they put the songs in the MotS World Tour. They will fit very well in.

Also he said that Aeterna will be a B-side. B-sides will return for Moon Music. 

Chris mentioned the next thing after Moon Music is the Musical thing. And after that they have the album "Coldplay" for us. 

Also I think there is a big chance that Coloratura make a comeback on setlist.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, maeli said:

Also he said that Aeterna will be a B-side. B-sides will return for Moon Music. 

Chris mentioned the next thing after Moon Music is the Musical thing. And after that they have the album "Coldplay" for us

This is interesting. With the third part of MOTS being cancelled it seems, I have two thoughts. First of all, with Aeterna being a B-side as of this interview, it might be the case they've recorded more for MOTS2 than they actually needed and are now releasing the extra, possibly MOTS3 stuff alongside MOTS2. And then the other question is an alternate take on the same idea; what if the musical is MOTS3?

Of course we don't know about the fates of songs such as Robots, One World and A Wave. While the recording on YouTube of One World and the AI improved version of A Wave are great, a studio release would be really good. Plus there are other songs tehy really should release that are in their back catalogue like Life Is Beautiful and A Ghost that are also worth releasing, albeit perhaps not now.

 

I guess my main thought with that is to do with the final album, Coldplay. We don't know that much about the album other than the general 'old Coldplay' theme, and it would be a lovely treat if they rerecorded some of their older unreleased songs for it. Perhaps we can finally get to properly here A View From The Top, because as of now there's only two versions of it uploaded to YouTube as far as I know; the first is terrible and the second is less terrible, and I am the one who uploaded it.

I guess there is potential for AI to come in and improve these songs. A Ghost will be easy since we already have a studio recording, even if it's low quality. Life Is Beautiful should be possible, but I have little faith in AI being able to make a good version of A View From The Top.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was interesting to hear that Moon Music turned into something bigger than they were planning at first. It probably means that at some point they realised they have written some really good material, which made them work longer and harder to turn it into a big proper album. And if the story about Brian Eno being involved is true as well, then wow! Exciting!

5 hours ago, Doomotron said:

This is interesting. With the third part of MOTS being cancelled it seems, I have two thoughts. First of all, with Aeterna being a B-side as of this interview, it might be the case they've recorded more for MOTS2 than they actually needed and are now releasing the extra, possibly MOTS3 stuff alongside MOTS2. And then the other question is an alternate take on the same idea; what if the musical is MOTS3?

They always record more than they need and through process just realise some material is stronger. In case of Aeterna, not sure if it even deserved to be on album. I never got the big hype, yeah it's a nice moment in a context of show, but otherwise not that strong track from start to finish. I think B-sides are just a way to give fans something more and special and it's nice they want to release them again. About MOTS3, it seems like if there is something to be called MOTS3 then it could be the musical.

Edited by CP-EST
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really like the possibility of Max and Brian working together, they are both great producers on their own lanes and goes to further show how versatile Coldplay are. People keep demonizing Max but forget not only that he produced Coloratura, but also that the rest of the album sounds like that because the band wanted. They are fathers on their 40s, not teenagers being controlled.

 

Edited by gustavothehuman
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyway, in case anyone was wondering, I talked with a guy who was in the meeting briefly on Twitter and the "high-pitched" vocals from Will are not like Angel Moon or anything, just him doing falsettos. I'm particularly excited for that one because I find his voice very pretty.

 

Edited by gustavothehuman
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, gustavothehuman said:

I really like the possibility of Max and Brian working together, they are both great producers on their own lanes and goes to further show how versatile Coldplay are. People keep demonizing Max but forget not only that he produced Coloratura, but also that the rest of the album sounds like that because the band wanted. They are fathers on their 40s, not teenagers being controlled.

Just to finish this little rant here, I don't get why people say MOTS was not genuine either. The band mentioned being desperate to tour again after the pandemic and as a reflection of that we received stadium-ready, easy-to-remember songs. One can say the album is bad and all, but its sentiment was very much genuine.

 

Edited by gustavothehuman
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/29/2023 at 8:12 PM, gustavothehuman said:

Just to finish this little rant here, I don't get why people say MOTS was not genuine either. The band mentioned being desperate to tour again after the pandemic and as a reflection of that we received stadium-ready, easy-to-remember songs. One can say the album is bad and all, but its sentiment was very much genuine.

 

If by "genuine" you mean doing the album the band wanted to do, of course it´s genuine, like everything they do since they got the status. And also of course the kind of sound they achieved it´s the one they were looking for or the one they agreed to go on with.

That doesn´t make it any good at all. And you can tour nowadays with any kind of album you do, doesn´t need to be stadiums and the music doesn´t need to be as basic and uninspired like most of the MOTS songs.  

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/29/2023 at 8:03 PM, gustavothehuman said:

People keep demonizing Max but forget not only that he produced Coloratura, but also that the rest of the album sounds like that because the band wanted.

Well, I get your point, and like you I believe that the band does what they want and are not being controlled by Max at all. If not by the fact that he chose which songs to work on and added his own stuff to their music, I mean.

But I have to remember that someone from the band (perhaps Guy, but someone please help me with a source here, ahaha!) said that "Coloratura" was the song Max touched the least and that, if it was for him, he would have cut it to a 3 min piece.

Thanks for the insight about Will's vocals, though. I'm also very excited about that song!

Edited by TheLostColdplayer
improved grammar
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2023 at 8:43 AM, TheLostColdplayer said:

Well, I get your point, and like you I believe that the band does what they want and are not being controlled by Max at all. If not by the fact that he chose which songs to work on and added his own stuff to their music, I mean.

But I have to remember that someone from the band (perhaps Guy, but someone please help me with a source here, ahaha!) said that "Coloratura" was the song Max touched the least and that, if it was for him, he would have cut it to a 3 min piece.

Thanks for the insight about Will's vocals, though. I'm also very excited about that song!

It was Guy. Max still produced Coloratura despite its length, he might suggest that a song should be shorter or have different production but in the end is up to the band whether they will abide or not. I actually heard a podcast interview with him the other day and he basically confirms this, he mentioned not liking telling people what to do and enjoying working with artists who have a clear artistic vision. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/14/2023 at 4:52 AM, gustavothehuman said:

It was Guy. Max still produced Coloratura despite its length, he might suggest that a song should be shorter or have different production but in the end is up to the band whether they will abide or not. I actually heard a podcast interview with him the other day and he basically confirms this, he mentioned not liking telling people what to do and enjoying working with artists who have a clear artistic vision. 

Where can I hear the podcast interview with Max Martin please 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

What do you guys think of the pics of Chris filming a music video? It feels like something for One World.. maybe? 
 

A single coming soon? 
 

This pics are from last year, according to the date on the clapperboard…

Edit: Well! It appears these photos are NOT for a Coldplay project, according to Phil! 🤡

I’ll still leave them as a remembrance of being bamboozled! 

IMG_1508.jpeg

IMG_1507.jpeg

Edited by AnaMarie
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, edupoint said:

If the album is coming out in May, we won´t hear anything new until March, at least, don´t you think?

Not necessarily, we got Higher Power around 6 months before the MOTS release. It's possible they'll release a single to coincide with the tour dates in Jan/Feb. 

March/April/May is more likely as they have a gap in the diary, probably to do promo etc. 

I reckon we'll see the first single in March. Saw some rumours saying the album has been pushed back to September, so we could be waiting a while!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Doomotron changed the title to Moon Music: Music of the Spheres Volume 2
  • stephen changed the title to 🌙 Coldplay: Moon Music 🎵 | Out October 4th | Discussion

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...