✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Gwyneth...

Katharina

About the whole Jay-Z thing....did she or did she not already sing with him once? Live, I mean, not on record. Obviously she meant on record on the Red Carpet, but I feel like everyone's making such a huge deal out of that one quote when she's kind of already done it before at the Royal Albert Hall anyway.

As good as she looked at the Oscars, she needed some damn color. All three of her dresses were the same general color as her skin and her hair.

She's good when you take into account she's an actress and played a singer for a part...but what starting to annoy me slightly is that she actually thinks she's a singer and that it's a viable career step for her....the fact that she said she's in talks to get a record deal...what?!

I love her, but I'm sorry, no. She's not good enough...and also there are artists far, far more talented (in terms of voice, stage presence, enertainment value and/or being musically gifted, instrumentally or being able to write their own songs) who struggle day after day to get the recognition they deserve and it kinda bothers me that someone who has got a nice voice, but nothing special is getting to do all these things that other artists work their asses off to try and get the opportunity to do, just because of who she is. :\

I totally agree--I think she's got a decent voice, but this is not her forte, and it's just putting her in everyone's faces all the time, which doesn't help her image. She's already got pretty much everything, I don't think she needs a somewhat undeserved record deal as well. I was surprised that she was a competent singer, and I do think she can hold her own voice-wise, but not enough to make a new career out of when she's got a pretty lucrative, seemingly enjoyable, successful one already.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder way back when she married Chris, if he ever thought this was coming?

Also, she was quoted somewhere a couple years ago, saying she thought actors who turned singers, and singers who became actors was not something she thought was a good idea:thinking:

Contactmusic.comGwyneth Paltrow has confirmed that she is in talks to sign a record deal.

Gwyneth Paltrow, the American actress who recently made a foray into the world of music, says she is currently negotiating a record deal, reports Access Hollywood. The actress showed off her vocals in new movie 'Country Strong', in which she plays a washed-up Nashville music star and she performed the tune 'Coming Home' from the film at Sunday's Academy Awards. Paltrow revealed that she has been offered record deals by a number of different labels, adding, "We're talking about it now. So we'll see". The actress also covered Cee-lo Green's track 'Forget You' during a recent cameo appearance on the musical-comedy series Glee and speaking about the performance, Paltrow said, "My parts were usually quite serious and I was looking for something fun and different to do. When Ryan (Murphy) asked me to be on 'Glee', I thought, 'How much fun would it be to sing and dance and just be ridiculous and silly?".

Gwyneth Paltrow's track 'Coming Home' was up for best original song at Sunday's ceremony, but eventually lost out to Randy Newman's 'We Belong Together' from the acclaimed animated movie 'Toy Story 3'.

Also, she was quoted somewhere a couple years ago, saying she thought actors who turned singers, and singers who became actors was not something she thought was a good idea:thinking:

I think that was Chris.

I guess since Chris is getting ready to embark on a new album/tour soon, and he will be gone, she is trying to get in as much as she can:thinking: I guess she wasn't home for his Birthday, unless she flew in on the day of this event.

JustJarred....

Sorry there is a pic, but couldn't post it for some reason. A Girdle?? Puleeeze, that is the last thing she needs in my opinion.

Gwyneth Paltrow walks through JFK International Airport to catch a departing flight out of New York City on Friday (March 4).

The 38-year-old actress, who makes her return appearance to Glee this week, recently revealed what her beauty secrets are!

“I always have a Guinness before an awards ceremony,” she told The Mirror. “Guinness is my favorite beer. And there’s two other things – blush and a girdle.”

“I love Epsom salt baths to detox, ­revive muscles and de-puff skin,” Gwyneth added. “While in the bath, I use an exfoliating mitt which stimulates skin and leaves it soft and bump-free. After the bath, I slather my skin with extra-virgin organic ­coconut oil.”

FYI: Gwyneth is wearing a Burberry coat and the Hudson Milman Five-Pocket Flare in West Hill.

Bigger pic inside…

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2011/03/07/gwyneth-paltrow-guinness-is-my-beauty-secret/#ixzz1Fv0uMkAW

DS Article: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a307701/gwyneth-paltrow-lands-gbp600k-record-deal.html?sms_ss=twitter&at_xt=4d763441332bb02c,0

I'm not gonna say much more on this, I think it's just so...unnecessary when she barely has any musical talent. So many people in the world can hold a tune, strum the chords of a tune on a guitar or sing karaoke in front of an audience and impress somewhat, there's no way these people would be handed $900,000 record deals though.

As a fan of hers though I wish her well and hope it doesn't mean we won't see her in movies even less frequently than we already do... :)

DS Article: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a307701/gwyneth-paltrow-lands-gbp600k-record-deal.html?sms_ss=twitter&at_xt=4d763441332bb02c,0

I'm not gonna say much more on this, I think it's just so...unnecessary when she barely has any musical talent. So many people in the world can hold a tune, strum the chords of a tune on a guitar or sing karaoke in front of an audience and impress somewhat, there's no way these people would be handed $900,000 record deals though.

As a fan of hers though I wish her well and hope it doesn't mean we won't see her in movies even less frequently than we already do... :)

Raises hand!!! I would much rather see her in movies:)

ContactMusic has just announced that Gywneth signed a $900,000 record deal with Atlantic Records.

WAT

No. Just no! Good grief, woman. The exploring of the musical side of things has all been fun and everything but stick to what you do best...