✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

From an interview with Tinie Tempah:

How comes the new album's taken so long?

Chris Martin told me, "When you finish an album, write a couple more songs and see what comes out." So that's exactly what I did. At the end of the day, it's art. Nobody ever rushes a painter, or writer. No one's rushing JK Rowling or EL James!

link

So last week Rolling Stone put out a list of the 50 Greatest Live Acts in the World Today of which Coldplay didn't make the cut at all... odd considering that they are one of the top selling live acts today and have recently come off of a massive world tour (some bands that made the list have not toured in years) that has won industry awards for it's production, road crew, and design team members...

Now being a massive fan I am of course biased and I'm not saying they should have been number one... but to not even make the list is garbage in my opinion. It is Rolling Stone so you know....

"This is the part of the concert where everyone can just nuzzle back with their girlfriends and eat popcorn, and if you haven't got a girlfriend just eat some popcorn, if you haven't got popcorn just eat somebody else's girlfriend, they're popcorn" - Chris Martin

Words can't describe how much I love this man..and this band. :dazzled:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUqgTrkDbe4]Coldplay_Green Eyes Live - San Diego 2002 - YouTube[/ame]

So last week Rolling Stone put out a list of the 50 Greatest Live Acts in the World Today of which Coldplay didn't make the cut at all... odd considering that they are one of the top selling live acts today and have recently come off of a massive world tour (some bands that made the list have not toured in years) that has won industry awards for it's production, road crew, and design team members...

Now being a massive fan I am of course biased and I'm not saying they should have been number one... but to not even make the list is garbage in my opinion. It is Rolling Stone so you know....

Rolling Stone is obviously misguided. It wouldn't be "cool" enough to put Coldplay on a list like that. Rolling Stone hasn't been cool in a long time.

I feel like they put out so many lists every year, that their opinion isn't really relevant anymore.

Over a year ago...

Over a year ago I joined coldplaying.com

Just over a year ago I joined coldplaying.com, I'd been a Coldplay fan for a few years and I was completely obsessed with them (and I still am!) so I joined the forum.

I have spoken to some amazing people on this forum and made some good friends. Just to mention a few who come to mind: Laurel (Troxley), Keaton (spidey), Cel (the doctor), James, Tracie, Hannah, Lodder, Fcam, Diana, Judie, Dee, Fran, just to name a few. Tash has always kept us up to date and informed and is probably one of the most valued posters. I have loved being a part of this forum, the people on here are so entertaining, the posts make me laugh and sometimes brighten my day. Lots of people have also helped me through some tough times with advice and just being there to listen.

The forum has introduced me to new and old artists from around the world. I have quite a wide knowledge of various bands after reading through and posting in threads. I feel educated in music :lol:.

Coldplay, to me, truly are the greatest band in the world. I know it sounds cheesy but they honestly have changed me and helped me in the darkest of times. Seeing them live last year was the greatest day of my life. I do think the Coldplay fandom is like a big family and I'm so happy that we aren't like some of the other fandoms. So thanks to all of the Coldplayers, Coldplay team, and Coldplay themselves.

Here's to another year :).

Over a year ago I joined coldplaying.com[/size][/color][/b]

Just over a year ago I joined coldplaying.com, I'd been a Coldplay fan for a few years and I was completely obsessed with them (and I still am!) so I joined the forum.

I have spoken to some amazing people on this forum and made some good friends. Just to mention a few who come to mind: Laurel (Troxley), Keaton (spidey), Cel (the doctor), James, Tracie, Hannah, Lodder, Fcam, Diana, Judie, Dee, Fran, just to name a few. Tash has always kept us up to date and informed and is probably one of the most valued posters. I have loved being a part of this forum, the people on here are so entertaining, the posts make me laugh and sometimes brighten my day. Lots of people have also helped me through some tough times with advice and just being there to listen.

The forum has introduced me to new and old artists from around the world. I have quite a wide knowledge of various bands after reading through and posting in threads. I feel educated in music :lol:.

Coldplay, to me, truly are the greatest band in the world. I know it sounds cheesy but they honestly have changed me and helped me in the darkest of times. Seeing them live last year was the greatest day of my life. I do think the Coldplay fandom is like a big family and I'm so happy that we aren't like some of the other fandoms. So thanks to all of the Coldplayers, Coldplay team, and Coldplay themselves.

Here's to another year :).

that's very sweet:kiss:

Happy Coldplaying Anniversary Molly!! :cheesy:

Aaah, you mentioned me. Thanks Molly :nice: And happy anniversary!

Happy anniversary, Molly. :nice:

happy anniversary Molly :dance:

happy anniversary Molly! :awesome:

Happy anniversary and Thanks So much for the mention...it means a lot!:D

It really is a great place. It's the only forum I've Stuck wth over the years.:)

Happy Anniversary, Molly.

I almost left the forum a few days ago (for good), but I realize I can't live without Coldplayers (the nice ones, that is!)

that's very sweet:kiss:

Happy Anniversary, Molly! :nice:

Happy Anniversary, Molly! :D :D

Happy anniversary Molly!!!!!!! :awesome:

Here's to another year! *Passes around the apple juice*

I feel like we haven't really met, but happy anniversary nonetheless! : )

Aw, thanks everyone! :heart: you're all awesome :kiss:: )