✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

LOL :D

And congrats, 42Escapist !

I am working alone in the lab all night tonight, so I thought...might as well turn on the music as loud as I want to. Any passerby (for example security) on the floor tonight is hearing X&Y at full volume with an awkward out-of-tune singalong ! :loveshower:

Aww that brings back so many fond memories I remember doing lab work back when X&Y first came out... It was my constant companion for the twelve months I was completing my thesis - those were good times! And I particularly remember how awesome it was being alone at night in the lab / working on the computer and having the music blasting out of the speakers... Square One just took on a magical quality, almost mythical in fact! ;)

And congrats 42Escapist for reaching your 1,000th post! A lovely milestone for you :)

This year Belgium is organizing Red Nose Day (for the first time).

And "Fix you" is the campaign song!

The song was performed in a tv show yesterday by the tv show host (Jonas) and a singer - who I really like - Stan Van Samang.

Normally it is only sung by Stan.

Here is a link to the cover that I wanted to share:

http://vtm.be/jonas-van-geel/kippenvel-stan-en-jonas-zingen-bloedmooie-fix-you

Several days ago, I hurried along a street. As I passed a burger restaurant, I thought I could hear a voice that sounded like Chris's. I was in a hurry, did not stop and thought to myself "yeah, probably just my imagination".

Today I passed the same restaurant again and heard Chris's voice again. This time I stopped and opened the door, and indeed inside it was Don't Panic playing !!

Hm, maybe I should check this restaurant out :D

A few months ago, I was listening to GSL2014, and my little cousin seemed to be intimidated by the vocal intro of Another's Arms (ghostly woman, if I should word it differently). I wondered for a bit how Coldplay would scare a 5 year old

I'm sure the early Parachutes era videos scared many a five year old back when they were on heavy rotation on MTV in 2000 (I was one of those five year olds :laugh3: )

Been listening to Ghost Story and All Your Friends a lot recently, and think if they had been released as a standalone single (ie. Ghost Story on the A side and All Your friends on the B side). If given the promotional treatment a single would get, I think it would have been a pretty big hit for the group, especially on the Alternative/Rock charts.

don't think there is a more interesting interviewee these days! anyway, noel on chris:

Chris Martin is a friend of mine. That fucking guy can write a tune. And he’s hilarious, by the way. We were out one night having dinner, me and my missus, him and his missus, and he ended up banging his hand on the table, shouting at me: “Why do you think it’s so cool not to give a fuck?” Because he does give a fuck. About everything. I might have been making some disparaging comment about fucking Madonna or someone, and he was like, “I just can’t believe you can be like that.” And I was like, “Fucking believe it, man, because I can’t believe you can be like that.”

x

With all the excitement of the new single I almost forgot about this:

15 years ago (3/11/2000) Coldplay played a concert in the Ancienne Belgique in Brussels.

The actual concert was sold out and a big success, however they also played a mini-concert for a limited crowd that had won some tickets in a competition. And they turned out to be a little less enthusiastic. :facepalm:

Here is the video of that concert:

By now the Belgian audience surely knows who Coldplay is! :D

I just had the most hilarious situation ! Was listening to Pink Floyd - DSOTM right now on headphones in a noisy coffeeshop and suddenly thought, weird, somethign sounds like Midnight. But DSOTM doesn't sound like Midnight...so I pulled my headphones off and realized the coffeeshop is playing Midnight RIGHT NOW !! Now that's a nice things on the fortnight of #AOAL !!