🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Does anyone know anything more on Chris' singing oil? I've seen it in various interviews but we get nothing more than 'singing oil' :(

Wasn't he asked about it in the Howard Stern interview (MX era)?

I don't exactly remember what his answer was. But I think the term "singing oil" might have been brought up.

Wasn't he asked about it in the Howard Stern interview (MX era)?

I don't exactly remember what his answer was. But I think the term "singing oil" might have been brought up.

he definitely was! i just watched this recently so i remember it being in the interview, but i can't remember which part. :P

wait :idea2: i think it was after Paradise...

:escaping:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=ZN98Q0AqLzE;m=13;s=5

Mobile Link: https://youtu.be/ZN98Q0AqLzE?t=13m5s

and continues in the beginning of this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGBaD2SEGh0

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGBaD2SEGh0

• Like 2

This new music channel I'm watching has good taste in music. So far I've listened to chvrches, Foo Fighters, The Killers and of course Coldplay. There's also horrible music but it's much better than the previous one I used to watch :P

Cool to see genuine artists :)

• Like 1

Just doing some Coldplay philosophizing recently...

I think AHFOD is a perfection of the ideas in MX.

In MX, Coldplay thought you had to travel to a fake, dystopian world in order to find happiness. But then by the time AHFOD rolls around, they realized you can find happiness on Earth, you just have to find it or create it yourself....you the people have the power to make this life a wonderful adventure!

• Like 14

I saw someone with a Mylo Xyloto shirt at a restaurant near my university and though once again I was a bit shy to talk to them, I couldn't help but compliment them. It was a really cool shirt that had all the little symbols on it that represent each song on the album.

Omg I have this one! And the sweatshirt too :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 2

So I'm awake at this ungodly hour (almost 430 am) watching Coldplay videos on YouTube and I'm thinking to myself...there is no other band in this world that makes my heart burst wide open with love like they do!

Seeing them perform makes me feel so warm and happy inside, I find myself constantly smiling and laughing as I sing along.

How fortunate are we to have found this amazing gift? And even better, we get to share it with each other! [emoji173]

Side note: if any of you haven't seen their game of thrones musical sketch, please go watch it! You won't be disappointed [emoji23]

• Like 10

So I'm awake at this ungodly hour (almost 430 am) watching Coldplay videos on YouTube and I'm thinking to myself...there is no other band in this world that makes my heart burst wide open with love like they do!

Seeing them perform makes me feel so warm and happy inside, I find myself constantly smiling and laughing as I sing along.

How fortunate are we to have found this amazing gift? And even better, we get to share it with each other! [emoji173]

Side note: if any of you haven't seen their game of thrones musical sketch, please go watch it! You won't be disappointed [emoji23]

i've been like this also since last week! it feels great to see their concert videos and interviews! there's this one time i cried watching one of those youtube videos. they're so humble and kind. i'm dying to see them live here in my country!

• Like 3

In MX, Coldplay thought you had to travel to a fake, dystopian world in order to find happiness. But then by the time AHFOD rolls around, they realized you can find happiness on Earth, you just have to find it or create it yourself....you the people have the power to make this life a wonderful adventure!

i would even go one step further and argue

X&Y -> MX -> AHFOD

not necessarily in perfecting certain ideas, but in those ideas evolving for sure

(but, you know, even in AHFOD Chris has a rocketship that he wants to ride :glasses2:)

• Like 2

I do agree. It makes sense. it's like MX follow up in that way.

Even though I vastly prefer MX myself, to me the music seems to be more "free" and flowing. It almost seems as if these two albums meaning should be switched! Cool idea though.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Coldplaying mobile app

What's your reasoning?

tbh, it was mostly just that those three fit in between the other albums :P

but... somehow i always interpret AROBTTH being a lot about death, of course not necessarily in a literal sense. GPASUYF, The Scientist, Warning Sign, A Whisper, AROBTTH, Amsterdam... and then of course b-sides like Murder :P but really i think that album is more about the tension between life and death, which is also explored for sure in VLVODAAHF and Ghost Stories as well. anyone could argue that Coldplay always explore that kind of theme in every album, but that set of three has a real grounded feeling to me, if that makes sense. X&Y, MX, AHFOD are all sort of fantastical in the way they approach their themes.

and Parachutes... is kind of just like the basis for all of them, really. which makes perfect sense :P

• Like 3

I bought a Ghost Stories CD a few days ago which means it was my first day looking at that little booklet inside (idk if that has any specific name) and of course I studied every detail. I came across this sentence and it kind of changes everything for me idk..

653409e3a40517f42f1560817c08525f.jpg

The amount of quotes with impact the guys seem to collect(and create) is insane! Not that it's all unknown stuff, for example Charlie Chaplin's Great Dictator speech, that's just incredibly powerful stuff

• Like 6