✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

I was watching that video Coldplaying posted on Twitter of a performance on Viva la Vida, so good I forgot it wasn't on a thread here in the forums at Coldplaying. Bit disappointing how the video just cuts off at 1:00. I was ready to get into it then I snapped back to reality. :( Still neat tho.

Would appreciate if someone posted this! :D

• Like 2

I have a theory:

What if Coldplay try to experiment and create more artistic and creative music more often in every OTHER album. Their 2nd, 4th, and 6th album involved some sort of experimentation. Their 3rd, 5th, and 7th album didn't really have them focus on creating masterpieces more than just making songs (I dont think Parachutes counts because it's their debut album). X&Y was a good album, but had the most problems out of all the "oldplay" albums. Even the band didn't think it was their "best".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have a theory:

What if Coldplay try to experiment and create more artistic and creative music more often in every OTHER album. Their 2nd, 4th, and 6th album involved some sort of experimentation. Their 3rd, 5th, and 7th album didn't really have them focus on creating masterpieces more than just making songs (I dont think Parachutes counts because it's their debut album). X&Y was a good album, but had the most problems out of all the "oldplay" albums. Even the band didn't think it was their "best".

Interesting theory.... It might just be because after making more "ordinary" songs they feel like coming up with something entirely new, or they think looking back at the other album they should have tried more things out.

• Like 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=BpR6spqEs8Q;m=6;s=57

These vocals make the ending of UATW so much stronger, I remember thinking it was Chris teasing a new song from AHFOD (everyone thought it was Birds!) I can't see why they would scrap it from the studio version, hopefully this section emerges again in the future.

The start of the video is funny. such a stress reliever. and thank you to this coldplayer for recording the video! (currently drinking black coffee while i multitask making my critique paper and coldplaying) UATW is now stuck in my head haha .. Through chaos as it swirls. It's us against the world.

• Like 3

I flicked through tv channels yesterday night and stumbled upon a teen movie called Molly Maxwell (the movie is basically about a forbidden love between a teenage schoolgirl and a young teacher) and that teacher was a hot guy (Charlie Carrick) who looks a bit like young Guy and that's why I watched the whole movie :D

Here are some pics from the movie:

bea0d7af54484a1cb97bb6f3af790279.png

tumblr_mhodpp5uHH1rtg7hto1_500.jpg

t2VoaXa.jpg

• Like 7

Tonight I had a really awkward dream. I was watching a video of Chris singing on YouTube. He was in some movie or TV show and wrote a song for it and he was also singing it in that movie. For some reason it was the first time I was watching it (it was only some really short clip). I don't remember the lyrics or anything but I remember I loved the song right away and I was couldn't help myself having a huge grin on my face and then suddenly I was in the video and Chris smiled back at me and I was like OMG[emoji7] [emoji33]

Then I actually had to look away from Chris smiling at me even though it was painful cause I was so happy that I thought I looked like and idiot smiling at him like this lol

that's nice! just last week, to be honest, i had my first ever coldplay dream and it was only with Chris and Johnny. In my dream, i sang a song (i can't remember now what song that was but it's a familiar song) from what i remember coming from the AHFOD album. Chris sang that song with me and he looked at me and Johnny was smiling to me and then I woke up.

• Like 3

Cue emotional music (in my case "My Heart Will Go On").

Memories from the month of August are flooding me right now.

It feels as if this post is almost for me as this struck me the second I seen this. I'm tearing up.

I love them so much. <3 It's been a month since I've learned of the second one passing away... how time flies. :cry:

I will forever love them and won't ever forget the times I had with them... even if I never got to see one of them with my own eyes. Kisses to them forever... now they are free in heaven with the ones they loved who passed away. Sounds like a great thing, and I am now happy for them for that.

I express my sincere sympathy. Wish we could cheer you up :hug: They will always be with you wherever you go :smiley:

• Like 1

I flicked through tv channels yesterday night and stumbled upon a teen movie called Molly Maxwell (the movie is basically about a forbidden love between a teenage schoolgirl and a young teacher) and that teacher was a hot guy (Charlie Carrick) who looks a bit like young Guy and that's why I watched the whole movie :D

Here are some pics from the movie:

bea0d7af54484a1cb97bb6f3af790279.png

tumblr_mhodpp5uHH1rtg7hto1_500.jpg

t2VoaXa.jpg

he looks kinda like Fab from The Strokes :wacko:

tumblr_ndq96bkInH1qeua5mo1_500.jpg

I have a theory:

I'm not too sure how A Rush is really "experimental" as you claim... it's obviously a very good album but I couldn't see it being totally experimental you know...

And I'd say even Mylo had a fair bit of experimentation, there are a lot of elements in those songs that were never found even in the mainstream music of 2011/12!

And I'd even go as far as to say AHFOD is slightly experimental, I mean take the title track even with the bells, Birds obviously, the alternative R&B elements of HFTW, etc.. No doubt it's a pop oriented album but there's definetely something a little more diverse than your completely typical pop album.

Just my thoughts!

• Like 3