🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Hey guys, just dropping this here in case you want to join, we're doing a twitter watching party of Coldplay live in Toronto 2006 on Saturday!

d7a57ac067562fbb14e06dc55768b60a.jpg

This is epic. I love their new concerts as well but this just feels completely epic. I love their concerts from all eras! :)

• Like 2

Does anyone else say "ah-fod" in their head instead of "a head full of dreams"?

In conversation with the very few other Coldplay fans I have met in real life, yes I have made the mistake of saying "ah-fod" :laugh3:

Saw this map on Twitter of the "Strangest Town Names in the US." Take a look at Colorado's (square one near the middle).

c921c800d51c51f52fbb16e61c74f6d9.jpg

If you've been around the forums for a little while, you might remember me mentioning I drove through that town one time.

It only makes sense that there's a "Jackpot" in Nevada and an "Okay" in Oklahoma (which is abbreviated as OK). :laugh3: And yes I actually have been through Parachute, but that was years ago. If only I had been a Coldplay fan at the time... ;)

• Like 4

soo i just discovered this song. apparently, chris did a song with a band called faultline. can we just take a moment to appreciate chris's voice on this?

The song is hauntingly beautiful, Chris's voice is perfect as always, it would have fitted perfectly on Ghost Stories. Chris did two songs with Faultline, here is the other one...

• Like 2

I'm alone in the office, so am sneakily playing Coldplay aloud on YouTube. Such a rebel [emoji87] I wanted the volume to be on 42 but it was too loud. "Careful where you stand my loveeee, careful where you lay your head" [emoji171]

Just waiting for someone to burst through the door any minute.

Someone came in as I'm writing this so have turned the boys off!!! [emoji31] x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 8

Did anyone see the Surround sound release of A Head Full Of Dreams announcement on Instagram? Feels a tiny bit like a money grab but I want one

Sent from my A0001 using Coldplaying mobile app

I don't think it's a cashgrab at all really, It's the same album and all just with different formatted audio, they aren't trying to sell it to you again, and this wouldn't have worked on a CD release. I personally don't have a 5.1 setup and don't plan on investing in one any time soon but this would be interesting to try out and see if there's any perceivable difference between this and the normal (PCM/44kHz/16bit) CD

• Like 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=BpR6spqEs8Q;m=6;s=57

These vocals make the ending of UATW so much stronger, I remember thinking it was Chris teasing a new song from AHFOD (everyone thought it was Birds!) I can't see why they would scrap it from the studio version, hopefully this section emerges again in the future.

This is my favorite live version of my favorite song from MX. :loveshower:

I love how they kept the new verse in the song on the AHFOD tour (even though they've only played UATW a few times). Maybe they actually came up with it recently and just decided to add it on at the end. A few other bands have done things like that with their songs, for example U2 will occasionally add extra verses at the end of One and With Or Without You that never appeared in the studio version.

• Like 4

I don't think it's a cashgrab at all really, It's the same album and all just with different formatted audio, they aren't trying to sell it to you again, and this wouldn't have worked on a CD release. I personally don't have a 5.1 setup and don't plan on investing in one any time soon but this would be interesting to try out and see if there's any perceivable difference between this and the normal (PCM/44kHz/16bit) CD

Would have been more logical if it was released way in the beginning. Sure I'd love to try it but I don't even know if my setup is sufficient and if it will be noticable, but I'd need more details first :)

Would have been more logical if it was released way in the beginning. Sure I'd love to try it but I don't even know if my setup is sufficient and if it will be noticable, but I'd need more details first :)

I don't think they considered it until approached by the people credited with the mastering. It also could have been in the works and they found a good place to fit it in the sales calendar but like I said I don't think they're being pushed by contract to do this, especially since it's just going up on the fansite. Also if you don't have the equipment (receiver or DAC) it's not even going to play, never mind the quality of your speakers.

• Like 2

I don't think they considered it until approached by the people credited with the mastering. It also could have been in the works and they found a good place to fit it in the sales calendar but like I said I don't think they're being pushed by contract to do this, especially since it's just going up on the fansite. Also if you don't have the equipment (receiver or DAC) it's not even going to play, never mind the quality of your speakers.

Never even thought about that, thanks for the extra info ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=BpR6spqEs8Q;m=6;s=57

These vocals make the ending of UATW so much stronger, I remember thinking it was Chris teasing a new song from AHFOD (everyone thought it was Birds!) I can't see why they would scrap it from the studio version, hopefully this section emerges again in the future.

It would be cool if someone made an edit for this.

• Like 4

I think it's alright. But this "Tropical House" remix sounds kind of poorly mixed. I think people like Kygo (who made an EXCELLENT Midnight remix) should remix the song.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Jon Hopkins needs to remix not only Up&Up, but most (if not all) of AHFOD. His Midnight remix is even better than Kygo's in my opinion.

EDIT: And Davide Rossi needs to do a remix of Amazing Day that is similar to the gorgeous one he did of True Love. I've always felt that one is so much better than the album version.

• Like 3

I think it's alright. But this "Tropical House" remix sounds kind of poorly mixed. I think people like Kygo (who made an EXCELLENT Midnight remix) should remix the song.

I think Jon Hopkins needs to remix not only Up&Up, but most (if not all) of AHFOD. His Midnight remix is even better than Kygo's in my opinion.

EDIT: And Davide Rossi needs to do a remix of Amazing Day that is similar to the gorgeous one he did of True Love. I've always felt that one is so much better than the album version.

i hadn't heard the Kygo remix of Midnight, so i just listened to it... there are parts of it that i enjoy, but i don't really like it when people pitch up Chris's voice :uneasy:

but i agree a Davide Rosse remix for Amazing Day would be incredible. :wacky:

• Like 2

I like this version of True Love! Much less poppy and produced at stuff. But I still am debating whether the album or this version is better...

I think Amazing Day is fine just the way it is. But if Davide Rossi wants to give it a shot, fire away. I'm ready to see what he's got if he in fact will remix it!

• Like 1

Did anyone see the Surround sound release of A Head Full Of Dreams announcement on Instagram? Feels a tiny bit like a money grab but I want one

Sent from my A0001 using Coldplaying mobile app

It may seem like a cash crab, but I think that's how AHFOD should be experienced. Especially the title track, Birds, Everglow, Army Of One, and Amazing Day (The last one especially). It'd be great if incredible atmosphere albums like M83's Hurry Up We're Dreaming were released in that format. It would bless my ears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk