✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Guest diogo_sg
Coldplay's Rainy Day album is Parachutes imo

Most songs from Ghost Stories fit the Rainy Day mood as well. Though I feel that the album as a whole is more related to cold nights.

Has anyone who bought the Coldplay pencils already tried them out?

I wrote a letter to Jane (my secret Santa match) with them and I experienced that they don't write very well.

Even on black paper you can hardly see the colors.

I'm a bit disappointed.

I think Chris was using an other brand to write his lyrics.

Has anyone who bought the Coldplay pencils already tried them out?

I wrote a letter to Jane (my secret Santa match) with them and I experienced that they don't write very well.

Even on black paper you can hardly see the colors.

I'm a bit disappointed.

I think Chris was using an other brand to write his lyrics.

I noticed that too but I thought it was the kind of paper I was using. Although I am a little bit disappointed I think they look great on my school notes :)

Edit: someone I follow on Instagram use them to color mandalas and has been doing a great job. this is one example_20161129_172345.thumb.JPG.8bc06b027175bf59a395feab3192139a.JPG

• Like 1

so to continue previous discussions of what we associate albums with...

today is a rainy day here and Low just came up on Spotify. for me, X&Y as a whole is really a rainy day album. thoughts?

I associate the album with cold days.

Every season, I listen to another album in my car.

It started in 2014.

In autmn, it's X&Y and I'm listening to Parachutes in summer.

Ghost Stories is winter and Mylo Xyloto is spring.

And VLVODAAHF/ Prospekt's March is my therapy.

I listen to it when I'm sad, nervous or when I'm struggling to fall asleep.

still going strong :P

When I read it, I knew that I heard it before.

But I couldn't remember it.

An hour ago I started watching GoT to relax and I was like: NOW I know where I heard that one before!

• Like 3

When I read it, I knew that I heard it before.

But I couldn't remember it.

An hour ago I started watching GoT to relax and I was like: NOW I know where I heard that one before!

the first time i watched GoT The Musical, i had never seen GoT

but then my one friend got me into watching it and so now when i rewatch the Musical i understand so much more - and have GoT feels on top of the already existing Coldplay feels :lol:

• Like 2

I wish I could come here more often cause I miss it really much... But I've been so busy lately and I just can't manage to spend much time here, sorry:/ The worst thing is that all my school work won't get much better any time soon... But well, I guess I can't escape from real life.

I hope you're all doing great! :)

• Like 8

so to continue previous discussions of what we associate albums with...

today is a rainy day here and Low just came up on Spotify. for me, X&Y as a whole is really a rainy day album. thoughts?

Exactly the same for me. Some of them tend to lean towards the night side as well (Square One, Fix You) and some feel like right after the storm (Hardest Part, Swallowed in the Sea, Til Kingdom Come).

Most songs from Ghost Stories fit the Rainy Day mood as well. Though I feel that the album as a whole is more related to cold nights.

Once again, agreed. Tend to think of snow and Ghost Stories being related too. The album's release date makes zero sense whatsoever!

Winter is here people. So cold, so cold! When I'm cold, colddd! [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300]

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Coldplaying mobile app

Lol, it's kinda cold here but not really... I guess it doesn't affect me much... Had snow on the ground for a couple weeks now here

It started in 2014.

Nice thoughts. You know what, here I'll give my season/scene/whatever for every album of Coldplay:

(note that this is in general, each album obviously has its own exceptions)

Parachutes: A warm summer/early autumn night

A Rush of Blood to the Head: A cloudy autumn day, sometime in the afternoon

X&Y: Already talked about, a rainy spring day sometime in the morning, especially with a few of the album's earlier songs (exception Fix You - night), and typically progresses on like a day (exceptions Speed of Sound - night, Low - late evening, Swallowed in the Sea - morning, Twisted Logic feels later in the day than Til Kingdom Come)

Viva la Vida or Death And All His Friends: Sometime in the autumn, one of those days where it's cloudy but the sky is painted with a slight yellow because the Sun sort of gets through. Sometime in the afternoon.

Mylo Xyloto: Late afternoon, early autumn, sunny day

Ghost Stories: A cold winter night

A Head Full Of Dreams: Beginning starts in the morning and ends in the evening with Up&Up. Generally progresses on. Mainly sunny and in the spring.

• Like 4

Nice thoughts. You know what, here I'll give my season/scene/whatever for every album of Coldplay:

(note that this is in general, each album obviously has its own exceptions)

Parachutes: A warm summer/early autumn night

A Rush of Blood to the Head: A cloudy autumn day, sometime in the afternoon

X&Y: Already talked about, a rainy spring day sometime in the morning, especially with a few of the album's earlier songs (exception Fix You - night), and typically progresses on like a day (exceptions Speed of Sound - night, Low - late evening, Swallowed in the Sea - morning, Twisted Logic feels later in the day than Til Kingdom Come)

Viva la Vida or Death And All His Friends: Sometime in the autumn, one of those days where it's cloudy but the sky is painted with a slight yellow because the Sun sort of gets through. Sometime in the afternoon.

Mylo Xyloto: Late afternoon, early autumn, sunny day

Ghost Stories: A cold winter night

A Head Full Of Dreams: Beginning starts in the morning and ends in the evening with Up&Up. Generally progresses on. Mainly sunny and in the spring.

very interesting...

i don't think i've done this for all of them before, so here's mine:

Parachutes: late spring or summer evening

AROBTTH: mid-spring morning or mid-afternoon

X&Y: winter mornings or rainy days in any season

VLVODAAHF: summer mid-day or late night

MX: fall mornings or late afternoon

Ghost Stories: mid-winter or late spring morning

AHFOD: right now, winter

mostly these are related to when i started listening to each album... actually they probably all are. :| and even PM for me is heavily associated with late fall which is when it was released :P

• Like 3

I wish they could do something like this in the C-Stage:

A short and slow version of Hurts Like Heaven with just Chris and the piano that ends after the first chorus.

Then that could lead into a classic like In My Place or Dont Panic.

Then after that, what I really wish they could do was a melody of alot of their older but not well-known songs. twenty one pilots did this on their tour. Just a combination of 4-5 fan favorites. I think that could be really cool and would be a great treat for fans. Maybe even if they switched it up every few shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

A short and slow version of Hurts Like Heaven with just Chris and the piano that ends after the first chorus.

Then after that, what I really wish they could do was a melody of alot of their older but not well-known songs. twenty one pilots did this on their tour. Just a combination of 4-5 fan favorites. I think that could be really cool and would be a great treat for fans. Maybe even if they switched it up every few shows.

ooh, yeah, they could even do something similar to the GPASUYF/Talk combo they did during the VIVA era :wacko:

• Like 1

It started in 2014.

Oh this is cool.

For me

Parachutes: A nice morning between summer and spring.

AROBTTH: That day in the winter that's cold but everything is still. No wind and no snow.

X&Y: Heavy rain on a dark spring night

VLVODAAHF: the humid day after it rained and you see rainbows

MX: Monsoon season

GS: The dawn of a fall morning

AHFOD: Summer heat wave

• Like 4

the first time i watched GoT The Musical, i had never seen GoT

but then my one friend got me into watching it and so now when i rewatch the Musical i understand so much more - and have GoT feels on top of the already existing Coldplay feels :lol:

I'm a massive fan since season 1.

So I was fangirling x2.

I made the mistake and watched the video in a train.

At least I had the passengers' attention after my first fit of laughter...

• Like 2

15 years ago on this very day, Jonny went Jazz ! :D

http://timeline.coldplay.com/jonny-goes-jazz/

I'M SCREAMING OMG hahahaha this vid is as good as The Nappies one

For me

Parachutes: transition summer/autumn, feeling nostalgic 'bout the summer but realistic for what's to come

AROBTTH: autumn, leaves falling, realising the structure of things and being more honest

X&Y: winter, darker/colder days you think about existence and sunny/warmer days like everything will work out

VLVODAAHF: transition winter/spring, no more foggy days gives u stregth

MX: spring, everything feels alright and beautiful

GS: transition autumn/winter, cold (no pun intended) winds affecting your mood

AHFOD: summer, the excitement of vacations, carpe diem

so, arranging it by seasons: AHFOD, Parachutes, AROBTTH, GS, X&Y, VLVODAAHF, MX

now I do need to listen the discography in that order

• Like 2

That would be pretty cool. Would also love to hear the actual version of HLH sometimes - such a good song! As, in my opinion, pretty much all MX songs are (many people here would shake my head at this comment... IMO it's so underrated :P)

I haven't been on here in so long. I sure have missed you guys! [emoji6]

Welcome back :D

• Like 1