ARoBttH - Clox

X&Y - X&Y Marks the Spot

Viva la Vida - X Marks the Spot!

Prospekt's March - X Marks the Spot+

MX - MX Marks the Spot

Ghost Stories - X & O Mark the Spot

AHFoD - a new one featuring Queen Bey

:-|]

I hope this doesn't sound rude (it isn't meant to!), but I think the Ghost Stories track should be called 'Ex Marks The Spot'.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/coldplay-chris-martin-controversy-disrespecting-indian-flag-ncp-nawab-malik-lifest/1/817595.html

I thought from the beginning running around with another country's flag was a dangerous game. I'll be honest, even when I saw them in the US I thought it was kind of strange. I figured eventually someone wasn't gonna be ok with it. To be fair I don't think it's particularly respectful to tuck it in your back pocket or leave it on the ground behind you a few songs later.

• Like 1

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/coldplay-chris-martin-controversy-disrespecting-indian-flag-ncp-nawab-malik-lifest/1/817595.html

I thought from the beginning running around with another country's flag was a dangerous game. I'll be honest, even when I saw them in the US I thought it was kind of strange. I figured eventually someone wasn't gonna be ok with it. To be fair I don't think it's particularly respectful to tuck it in your back pocket or leave it on the ground behind you a few songs later.

I can see why they would be upset about it because it is an object they believe deeply represents what they stand for. At first when I heard this it bewildered me because I didn't understand the extent of disrespect one could cause by simply holding a flag in a certain way. I can understand burning it, destroying it completely or walking all over it, but I'm very sure Chris's intent was not to deface national property. At this point he might have to issue a public apology, get a lawyer and pay a fine off probably.

First Hymn for the Weekend's little dispute and now this- what a streak.

Also I have to add- lovely picture they chose of him [emoji106]

• Like 1

Something odd "happened" to me today. :)

I began listening to Parachutes this morning. It was a crisp autumn morning, not too cold, bit of sun, but not entirely grey sky, and the warm sound of Parachutes was exactly what met my mood. As the day progressed, I couldn't think of anything else that fit my mood and so I kept listening to Parachutes in its entirety... currently on the 6th rotation ! I have never listened to one entire album so many times over in a row. I think I never realized its pure beauty and magnificent production as much as today. Don't Panic gives you that warm "everything is all right" feeling right from the start, and then Yellow with its good mood, and Trouble as a quiet anthem, and We Never Change with its simplicity...sublime.

• Like 7

On my way home from work I have a 10 minutes walk to the train station.

And this evening it was pretty cold and windy.

Since then Life in technicolor ii has been playing in my head (on repeat). [emoji4]

[emoji445] There's a wild wind blowing

Down the corner of my street [emoji445]

• Like 8

Since then Life in technicolor ii has been playing in my head (on repeat). [emoji4]

Thanks to you now I have it on my head! I'm going to listen to it!

I don't understand how people could think Chris does something to offend anyone... he's one of the most nice singers I've ever seen. He always sends us a message of peace and love and he's always very kind with his fans. Think this flag thing was totally misunderstood.

On a different note, these days I've been watching Madrid Live 2011 show. I had never seen the whole concert before and I find it completely awesome. Love that setlist so much. Wish I would have been a huge fan in that time, because then I would have been there enjoying all that magic... now I want to go to see them live again. Think I'll never stop dreaming of going back to one of their concerts haha they are amazing...

• Like 2

Adam Rippon Free Skating (Free Flying indeed) with O by Coldplay (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUBxYqPmmAU

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUBxYqPmmAU

). He's been using a couple of Birds themes lately~ :)

Amazing

I began listening to Parachutes this morning. It was a crisp autumn morning, not too cold, bit of sun, but not entirely grey sky, and the warm sound of Parachutes was exactly what met my mood. As the day progressed, I couldn't think of anything else that fit my mood and so I kept listening to Parachutes in its entirety... currently on the 6th rotation ! I have never listened to one entire album so many times over in a row. I think I never realized its pure beauty and magnificent production as much as today. Don't Panic gives you that warm "everything is all right" feeling right from the start, and then Yellow with its good mood, and Trouble as a quiet anthem, and We Never Change with its simplicity...sublime.

Six times - wow, what a record. I don't think I've listened to any album six times in a row.

Every night there the headlights are glowing ♫

Hey guys, sorry that I haven't been on here for a while but I was having some kind of hard days recently and I also am really buy with school. But it feels so good to be back! Time to catch up a little;)

Great to have you back for a second :)

Yeah, those were my thoughts also about that whole thing.

Then I notice nobody ain't sayin' nuttin' 'bout it.

So I wuzh lahk, "Oh, mah bad, Ah musht be da sensiteeve one ovah heaah."

So yeah, guess I wasn't the only one.

• Like 1

I don't understand how people could think Chris does something to offend anyone... he's one of the most nice singers I've ever seen. He always sends us a message of peace and love and he's always very kind with his fans. Think this flag thing was totally misunderstood.

i don't think it's a matter of people believing that Chris intentionally disrespected anyone's flags, but the fact is that the way he uses them can be considered disrespectful. just because someone doesn't mean to cause harm doesn't mean that the people who are upset aren't right in feeling that way.

• Like 1

1190624138_VIVALASVEGAS.thumb.jpg.a742075c1ee0746d69c244d1d722b913.jpg

Looks like we have a Coldplay fan... :D

(BTW if anyone is wondering what this is, it's supposed to be the projected starting lineup for the new NHL team, the Vegas Golden Nights. Anyone wanna discuss? Head over here.)

Nie, your quote's in red.

I ran away, your 2 quotes are in blue.

The "X Marks The Spot" related quotes are in gold. These are my reactions.

Draco, your quote's in green.

karvi22, your quote's in magenta.

coldplayisawesome, your quote's in orange.

[spoiler=Quotes]

Thought/observation of the day:

Coldplayers from all over the world are tweeting to defend Chris Martin after the "incident" with the Indian flag.

Chris Martin tweets: We hope you're well, love cm

How can you not love that guy? [emoji4]

I know right! :D

BTW, what happened? Even after reading some of the other posts I don't really know what happened... Can someone please explain? Feel ashamed right now for probably being the only one not to know...

Wow! 6 times in a row?! There's not albums I'd be doing that with... if it were me a really calm ambient album would be best suited for that, like Jon Hopkins "Opalescent".

I think out of all the Coldplay albums though, that one would be the most replayable, seeing as even the album closer flows smoothly into the album opener, and a lot of the songs are nice and calm and stripped down so your energy wouldn't get used up and you wouldn't get too annoyed. However I'm afraid to try, as with anything if you do it too much you start to become desensitized to it, even for calm things like this... the emotion wears off, you don't feel it as much... although it's still undeniably good. This happens to me for a bit after making longer edits of songs, as you may have to replay one section 20 times to make sure everything flows smoothly enough. It actually does take a while to wear off... Around 2 or 3 months ago I made an extended edit of Charlie Brown and it still doesn't sound completely as good as it once was to me. So there are tradeoffs with making music in general. I spent most of my day working on another longer version of a song, this time Up&Up, and I'm so glad I almost finished it, I only started yesterday and I suppose this was the best way to hopefully not get too desensitized to it. Although who really knows.. until I find out.

Anyway, back to the album, yeah I quite rarely listen to full albums, the last one I guess only being just 2 nights ago, an 8 bit remix of Radiohead's Kid A. But before that, I listened to Parachutes, then SprayCanSoulGuy's edit of Ghost Stories way back in July. (Or was it the other way around? Think it was the other way around... whatever, you get my point). I couldn't ever see listening to one 6 times in a row... lol. But i guess in your case there was really nothing else fitting....

Two more things: 1, this late in November and that nice of weather? Lucky! Last few days has been a bit cooler here (although not really that chilly) and there's been snow on the ground for a week, not deep really though. And that's what we call "getting lucky" up in Canada. :P (even though the first snowfall was on Oct 1st... lasted for a while, then all melted and we got a short surge of really warm temperatures before gradually cooling off... and finally the real snow came around mid November, just like last year. Excluding this year and last, we usually got our first snowfalls in late Oct/early Nov, and it melted usually by early May/late May... last year, it was mid Nov, and by April 1st everything was gone. Before that, normal at the beginning, but the snow melted around late April. I can't help but think that especially now man made climate change is real...

And secondly, I hate it when I can find nothing else really sutiing to the scene I am in to play! A little more than half the time I do just shuffle, but I do look to make sure everything is fitting at least to a degree, and I skip any songs that don't really fit that well.

Oh no, seems it will come out next year only...

but better taking your time for good songs than rushing things to put out XMTS Part 2 or something, I guess...

Oh no, what if both happen? :(

Hopefully this time around Coldplay makes songs that will also appeal to people like you, like the kind of stuff from that soundcheck. I think things may be starting to finally look up for Coldplay in that sense... with that soundcheck thing and the more acoustic version of Everglow. Who knows? I think people however have gotten high hopes for the past few releases now and each time a lot got disappointed (but obviously the fair share of people enjoyed). Hopefully this time the vast majority will be impressed! (Since there's very few Newplayers on the forum... at least active ones, and the "normal" Coldplayers like me like everything, and are excited for any direction they take, well except complete trash music like trap or something, or really mainstream R&B/pop, lol)

[spoiler="X Marks The Spot" Quotes Reactions]

and "X&Y marks the spot" is the special edition for the Oldplayers :)

Hmm... there we go.. but as the person says below, I still feel like it "misses the mark"...

The MX lovers will think that, although X is there, and Y is there, it still "misses the mark." :(

So they will get their own special, MX marks the spot :D

THERE we go! :D :D :D :mx: :mx: :mx:

also featuring MMIX Marks the Spot

Yayyyyyy :D :D :D

also including a new version of Coldplay's most famous sad anthem, Fix Marks The Spot

Epic :D

There will be one to honor every album:

Parachutes - X Marks the Sparks

ARoBttH - Clox

X&Y - X&Y Marks the Spot

Viva la Vida - X Marks the Spot!

Prospekt's March - X Marks the Spot+

MX - MX Marks the Spot

Ghost Stories - X & O Mark the Spot

AHFoD - a new one featuring Queen Bey

:-|]

Don't forget the Pre-Parachutes EPs :D

Safety: X Marks Such A Rush & No More Throwing My Flag On The Ground

Brothers and Sisters: X Marks The Superstition

Blue Room: Spot You Soon

Lit.

I hope this doesn't sound rude (it isn't meant to!), but I think the Ghost Stories track should be called 'Ex Marks The Spot'.

Even better! :laugh3:

oh man, that's too good :laugh3:

some B-sides...

Crests Marks the Spot

Death Will Never Mark the Spot

Moving to Mars, the Spot

:D

Oh my, after a post like this, XD Marks My Face

LOL

I can see why they would be upset about it because it is an object they believe deeply represents what they stand for. At first when I heard this it bewildered me because I didn't understand the extent of disrespect one could cause by simply holding a flag in a certain way. I can understand burning it, destroying it completely or walking all over it, but I'm very sure Chris's intent was not to deface national property. At this point he might have to issue a public apology, get a lawyer and pay a fine off probably.

First Hymn for the Weekend's little dispute and now this- what a streak.

Also I have to add- lovely picture they chose of him [emoji106]

I know right! And PoC drew attention too... it's sad that Coldplay is the target of all these things, when in fact they're probably the "nicest" band around, and are only trying to do good.

On a different note, these days I've been watching Madrid Live 2011 show. I had never seen the whole concert before and I find it completely awesome. Love that setlist so much. Wish I would have been a huge fan in that time, because then I would have been there enjoying all that magic... now I want to go to see them live again. Think I'll never stop dreaming of going back to one of their concerts haha they are amazing...

I know right!

I also wish I was around during my favorite era. Going to an MX concert... that would have been lit... I guess I should be thankful I'm going in around 10 months time.... WOAH... that actually sounds really short for some reason :P

i don't think it's a matter of people believing that Chris intentionally disrespected anyone's flags, but the fact is that the way he uses them can be considered disrespectful. just because someone doesn't mean to cause harm doesn't mean that the people who are upset aren't right in feeling that way.

Fair argument. I see your point. Stuff happens like that all the time.. but if it's an accident it's more forgivable than something on purpose really. Especially when it's someone who is probably one of the nicest people ever and would never ever ever in infinity purposefully cause any real harm.

• Like 4

I know right! :D

BTW, what happened? Even after reading some of the other posts I don't really know what happened... Can someone please explain? Feel ashamed right now for probably being the only one not to know...

Looks like you are the only one [emoji1]

Well at the Global Citizen concert in India Chris had put the Indian flag in his pocket. Like he always does. It was quickly removed.

In India that is a token of disrespect.

Go read it in the GC thread for a the details.

This morning I went to a broadcast of a radio show where my favorite Belgian band was a guest.

I sat down for 5 minutes and Viva La Vida was played. [emoji4]

Afterwards my friends and I got to a pub/brasserie to have a drink and there Princess Of China came on.

After that I went on a little mission to get something for @I ran away.

Well I tried my best but I didn't succeed.

• Like 4

The NME has requested to submit your votes for the NME awards. This is the previous phase

[MEDIA=twitter]802485833852997636[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/NME/status/802485833852997636

These are my suggestions for a few of the categories

Hero of the year: Chris Martin

Musical Moment of the year: Coldplay cover Viola Beach at Glastonbury

Music Movie: Supersonic (the documentary Matt Whitecross directed)

For the rest of the categories we know which band should be nominated and which video :)

• Like 3

I haven't been on here since my concert because of ill health. But I was feeling so emotional today and I just wanted to get on somewhere where I could tell people how grateful I am for Coldplay and be understood. I can't even describe in words how much their music has helped me over the last few days. They don't even know I exist but it feels like they're always there and they understand. It doesn't matter how terrible life seems at the moment or if it feels like everything around you is falling apart and you can't speak about it to anyone else because everyone has their own struggles going on, they're just always there. They make me feel like things are going to get better, I just need to hold on.

I feel so emotional and messed up and just not like myself. But with help from the boys I'm trying to get it together somehow and at least work on the things that are in my control. It's so strange how much debt you can owe to people you don't even know. Ahhhh I'm going to start crying again.

I hope everyone here is doing okay. I'm going to leave before this turns into a rant.

• Like 10

Looks like you are the only one [emoji1]

Well at the Global Citizen concert in India Chris had put the Indian flag in his pocket. Like he always does. It was quickly removed.

In India that is a token of disrespect.

Go read it in the GC thread for a the details.

ohhhhhh I see. K I'll go check it out

I haven't been on here since my concert because of ill health. But I was feeling so emotional today and I just wanted to get on somewhere where I could tell people how grateful I am for Coldplay and be understood. I can't even describe in words how much their music has helped me over the last few days. They don't even know I exist but it feels like they're always there and they understand. It doesn't matter how terrible life seems at the moment or if it feels like everything around you is falling apart and you can't speak about it to anyone else because everyone has their own struggles going on, they're just always there. They make me feel like things are going to get better, I just need to hold on.

I feel so emotional and messed up and just not like myself. But with help from the boys I'm trying to get it together somehow and at least work on the things that are in my control. It's so strange how much debt you can owe to people you don't even know. Ahhhh I'm going to start crying again.

I hope everyone here is doing okay. I'm going to leave before this turns into a rant.

Oh no, sounds like it's a really bad time for you! I hope it gets better, it doesn't sound good! Glad that Coldplay is helping you through! Get well soon!

If you need anyone to talk to, me and the rest of the Coldplaying community is here for you. If you need to vent this is one of the best places to do so as there is zero people here who would make you feel bad. :)

• Like 1

Hahahaha those posts about X marks the spot really made me smile. I think I'm just as grateful for this wonderful community as I am for the band :)

Thanks for being amazing guys <3

And the flag thing is just silly. Nobody is really offended as far as I can tell. We're not quite that butthurt a population :D The only ones making an issue about it are politicians and people who are against the party in power.

And I adore the hypocrisy of the situation. It's interesting how this sudden extreme patriotism rises in politicians out of nowhere when they haven't otherwise done shit for the country they claim to love. It's equally fantastic how the ones harping on about Chris 'disrespecting' the flag have been involved in cases of corruption and tax evasion. We can really see how much they love serving the country.

Just wanted to let you know most Indians are equally frustrated with all of this. Most people (even the older generation who previously had no idea who Coldplay are) were really touched by how lovely the band was and how much effort they put in. Learning a bit of hindi, bringing on A. R. Rahman (who is a national gem) and singing one of our most patriotic songs, all the Indian influences on the AHFOD theme from the devnagri script to the flowers, Chris praising India every chance he could and seeing more beauty in the country than most Indians ever have and even learning a bit of a Bollywood song. Coldplay were gracious and respectful and I assure you that most of the public realizes that.

India still loves Coldplay with all it's heart! :)

Oh no, sounds like it's a really bad time for you! I hope it gets better, it doesn't sound good! Glad that Coldplay is helping you through! Get well soon!

If you need anyone to talk to, me and the rest of the Coldplaying community is here for you. If you need to vent this is one of the best places to do so as there is zero people here who would make you feel bad. :)

Thank you so much. That means a lot :)

• Like 7

Hahahaha those posts about X marks the spot really made me smile. I think I'm just as grateful for this wonderful community as I am for the band :)

Thanks for being amazing guys <3

And the flag thing is just silly. Nobody is really offended as far as I can tell. We're not quite that butthurt a population :D The only ones making an issue about it are politicians and people who are against the party in power.

And I adore the hypocrisy of the situation. It's interesting how this sudden extreme patriotism rises in politicians out of nowhere when they haven't otherwise done shit for the country they claim to love. It's equally fantastic how the ones harping on about Chris 'disrespecting' the flag have been involved in cases of corruption and tax evasion. We can really see how much they love serving the country.

Just wanted to let you know most Indians are equally frustrated with all of this. Most people (even the older generation who previously had no idea who Coldplay are) were really touched by how lovely the band was and how much effort they put in. Learning a bit of hindi, bringing on A. R. Rahman (who is a national gem) and singing one of our most patriotic songs, all the Indian influences on the AHFOD theme from the devnagri script to the flowers, Chris praising India every chance he could and seeing more beauty in the country than most Indians ever have and even learning a bit of a Bollywood song. Coldplay were gracious and respectful and I assure you that most of the public realizes that.

India still loves Coldplay with all it's heart! :)

Thank you so much. That means a lot :)

Yeah, those XMTS posts were awesome :D

About the flag thing, yeah, I really do agree with everything you said there...

No problem, I'm open to talk any time :)

• Like 1

Every time I come back here I can't belive how amazing this community is :)

Yesterday I was in a shopping centre talking with my dad about some tough things and you can guess that it was pretty upsetting. But suddenly Up&Up was played from speakers above us and I immediately felt uplifted and more positive [emoji173]

I've just packed my Secret Santa gift and 'Yes, I feel a little bit nervous' and I can't wait to send it! [emoji5]

• Like 5