✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

^Yeah this is their first album not nominated for something? The Grammy's are basically a record-label circle jerk on what made the most money, so we shouldn't be that upset...

But when you have Blink-182, Disturbed and Twenty-One Pilots over Coldplay, you have to scratch your head a little. Sure AHFOD was a bit genre bending, but California was the most buy-the-number's album I heard all year (despite a few good singles).

Excited for Radiohead, Bowie, Beyonce, Chance the Rapper, and Sturgill Simpson though. If you haven't heard Sturgill, look him up. I saw him live recently and it was incredible.

Twenty One Pilots actually had a very solid genre-blending album in my opinion. But with Blink-182 and even Panic! At The Disco beating them out, its most obviously based on the money. (Panic!'s first 2 albums were solid, but their newest one is honestly garbage IMO). AHFOD is far from perfect album, but it's definitely better than those 2 bands.

David Bowie, Chance The Rapper, Radiohead and Beyonce definitely deserve their nominations. They all received a large amount of critical acclaim. If I was picking for the nominations for Best Rock, I'd swap the B182 and Panic! records out with AHFOD and the new The 1975 record.

EDIT: I just realized that you were referring to tøp and blink-182 as acts that have many successful singles, which is true but I misread lol. Yeah, Coldplay is only famous internationally. They arent as big in the US as they are in, say, India or Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I was sitting in the student coffeeshop earlier today, they were playing a radio station, and suddenly Viva La Vida came on ! And I looked up in surprise because it had been a long time since I last heard a Coldplay song in a public place, and then I saw that nobody was paying any attention, and I reminded myself this is not an earth-shattering event (unlike for us Coldplayers, lol :D)

• Like 11

Guest diogo_sg
I was sitting in the student coffeeshop earlier today, they were playing a radio station, and suddenly Viva La Vida came on ! And I looked up in surprise because it had been a long time since I last heard a Coldplay song in a public place, and then I saw that nobody was paying any attention, and I reminded myself this is not an earth-shattering event (unlike for us Coldplayers, lol :D)

It's funny because a few days ago I was having lunch with some friends in the school canteen and suddenly Yellow came on on the school radio (which means that someone from my school actually chose that song!). I got so happy! And got even happier when I noticed that some people on the tables behind us were singing along! [emoji3]

Guest diogo_sg
This day, 2 years ago I decided to make an account on this wonderful forum. [emoji4]

[ATTACH=full]6369[/ATTACH]

Aww happy joinday!! [emoji1][emoji1]

My random Coldplay moments this week:

- I had two dreams were Chris appeared. One was a weird one and I won't say what it is about. The second one was about a gig (I can't remember if it was a Coldplay one or something else) and I remember Chris was just being Chris :D he was greeting some fans and was so funny on stage.

- I saw a little kid wearing a Coldplay t-shirt with the flower of life on the front and Coldplay written on the back. His parents are teaching him well :D

- today I had my French listening exam. To my surprise one character from one of the conversations was called Aiko! What a great thing to see during the most difficult exam :P

• Like 8

My random Coldplay moments this week:

- I had two dreams were Chris appeared. One was a weird one and I won't say what it is about. The second one was about a gig (I can't remember if it was a Coldplay one or something else) and I remember Chris was just being Chris :D he was greeting some fans and was so funny on stage.

:P

i forgot to mention this, but i also had a Coldplay dream last night :surprised: or they were in my dream i should say :P

~DREAM~

at first i was in a line to buy a bus ticket, but then that line somehow transformed into a grocery store checkout conveyor belt and i was on the side opposite the customers (but not as a cashier, just standing in the middle of the line). and then suddenly that disappeared and there was a line ahead of me that was to get into a Coldplay gig?? and Chris, Guy and Will were there (not sure where Jonny was), just chillin' among the fans. there were maybe only twenty or so people there, but no one seemed to realize the boys were Coldplay except for me? some of my friends showed up while the line was still in place, but then people started going in through this door, including the Coldplay boys. i and my friends didn't go in because we didn't have tickets and weren't actually there for the gig... but i think the area we were in where everyone was waiting turned into the seating for the gig??? because then we were still in the same area but in stands and all of these people were around us. and then Chris walked by again to go into the door (don't know when he even came back out :lol:). first he stopped and was just kinda looking over the crowd, who again seemed oblivious to members of Coldplay as if they didn't even know who was in Coldplay :rolleyes: the only other people who seemed remotely interested was this group of three or four girls across the room from us, who started shouting at Chris to give them attention, so then me and my two friends shouted at him to give us attention instead and we started something of a mini fan war :P

but at this point Chris was standing at the top of a set of stairs by the door he needed to get into and he was like doing weird yoga poses??? like he was bent over sort of backwards and twisted around at the same time... and then i woke up. i think my brain was concerned that he might get too close to the edge of the stairs and fall or else somehow break himself doing that pose, so i woke myself up as a precaution :P

• Like 9

I'm due to finish my work placement next week and recently mentioned to a colleague that I'm a Coldplay fan. Today we were discussing the fact that I'm leaving and he asked me which Coldplay song fits with my time here. How lovely [emoji1] I said I'm not sure at the moment. I think I'm going to ponder over it and get back to him x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 1

My daughter is a senior in HS, she is taking a Rock History class. She did her report on Coldplayemoji173.png

Ah, reminds me of something that happened earlier this year; I had to compare two musical things/bands and state which one I prefer and why. I compared Coldplay and Muse, and I just chose Coldplay since I knew them more at that time.

I know a classmate of mine who knew Muse but I assumed she didn't know Coldplay, and afterwards when we were discussing answers, I found out she did like Coldplay! Was a great (or perhaps amazing) day.

Also happy "Join-day" @Nie !

• Like 3