✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

This day, 2 years ago I decided to make an account on this wonderful forum. [emoji4]

[ATTACH=full]6369[/ATTACH]

Congrats on your second joinday, Nie! :D

Well, it's my first anniversary today! Wow time goes so fast... I already have so many memories!

You're so right... Happy joinday to you as well ! :D

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg
Well, it's my first anniversary today! Wow time goes so fast... I already have so many memories!

Happy joinday to you, then! [emoji1]

Also, your post reminded me of From Finner, by Of Monsters And Men: "oh how time gooooes fast, and we are far from home but we're so haaaaapy". It's an amazing song :)

Congrats ! :)

Congrats on your second joinday, Nie! :D

You're so right... Happy joinday to you as well ! :D

Happy joinday to you, then! [emoji1]

Also, your post reminded me of From Finner, by Of Monsters And Men: "oh how time gooooes fast, and we are far from home but we're so haaaaapy". It's an amazing song :)

Thank you all! And thanks Diogo for mentioning that song - I really like it :)

• Like 1

This video made my day ! Not the actual proposal, but the, errrm, situation before that :D

(although I feel very sorry for the way the other lady got sent off the stage by Chris, was not so nice, although I know Chris was just his humourous self and didn't want to be hurting)

[MEDIA=twitter]807197467502592000[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/ColdplayAtlas/status/807197467502592000

• Like 3

This video made my day ! Not the actual proposal, but the, errrm, situation before that :D

(although I feel very sorry for the way the other lady got sent off the stage by Chris, was not so nice, although I know Chris was just his humourous self and didn't want to be hurting)

[MEDIA=twitter]807197467502592000[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/ColdplayAtlas/status/807197467502592000

i want to know how it is that she got brought up there in the first place :lol:

• Like 2

^Yeah this is their first album not nominated for something? The Grammy's are basically a record-label circle jerk on what made the most money, so we shouldn't be that upset...

But when you have Blink-182, Disturbed and Twenty-One Pilots over Coldplay, you have to scratch your head a little. Sure AHFOD was a bit genre bending, but California was the most buy-the-number's album I heard all year (despite a few good singles).

Excited for Radiohead, Bowie, Beyonce, Chance the Rapper, and Sturgill Simpson though. If you haven't heard Sturgill, look him up. I saw him live recently and it was incredible.

Still, bands like Blink-182 should be way more popular than some of the awful pop acts out there nowadays...

Maybe AHFOD didn't get multiple Grammy nominations unlike most previous Coldplay albums because...

Dare I say it ? Because it is not a good album...

Liked not because I agree, becaus I thought was still funny nonetheless :D

It finally happened!! Listening to music on shuffle, Mylo Xyloto (album version) plays and then Hurts Like Heaven Live 2012 comes on right after!!!!!

Congratulations!! :D (Something like that wouldn't happen to me since I don't have the live version of HLH on, nor do I have the title track seperate from the actual song that follows after on my player, it's just titled "Mylo Xyloto/Hurts Like Heaven" and they're one so I don't have to worry about them playing seperately :D)

The closest I ever got to two songs on the same album playing consecutively in correct order on shuffle of all my songs was the normal "Midnight" from Ghost Stories, followed by "Another's Arms", but the extended version from @SprayCanSoulGuy's remake of Ghost Stories :)

they played swallowed in the sea for phil! as the request song

[MEDIA=soundcloud]

[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://soundcloud.com/coldplayingpodcast/swallowed-in-the-sea-live-from-melbourne-12092016

What!!!

They finally played something else from that album other than Fix You!! (and Til Kingdom Come I think was it? There was also another one that got played recently but I think someone made a comment on the forum that those two songs were the only ones played pretty much from that album... Could be wrong. Whatever, still rare :P)

It's such a good song too. One of their best sing alongs.

• Like 4

Guest diogo_sg

I wasn't sure of where I should post this, so RCT seemed like the right thread.

I don't know if this has already been brought up before, but here it is anyways: the title of the final song in Ghost Stories is "O". "O" is oxygen's chemical symbol. Since one of the themes Ghost Stories explores is the process of letting go of something or someone who is or seems irreplacable in our lives (much like oxygen is), I thought that the album closer, O, could be a reference to the element.

What do you think?

I wasn't sure of where I should post this, so RCT seemed like the right thread.

I don't know if this has already been brought up before, but here it is anyways: the title of the final song in Ghost Stories is "O". "O" is oxygen's chemical symbol. Since one of the themes Ghost Stories explores is the process of letting go of something or someone who is or seems irreplacable in our lives (much like oxygen is), I thought that the album closer, O, could be a reference to the element.

What do you think?

Interesting thought, very deep thinking. Like the idea :)

This honestly makes a lot of sense. Some otherwise random letter like "O" wouldn't really make sense, but hey now that you brought it up it makes a lot more sense now. If this was Coldplay's intention that is seriously genious.

Coldplay haven't ran out of amazing ideas yet, everyone!

• Like 1

Interesting thought, very deep thinking. Like the idea :)

This honestly makes a lot of sense. Some otherwise random letter like "O" wouldn't really make sense, but hey now that you brought it up it makes a lot more sense now. If this was Coldplay's intention that is seriously genious.

Coldplay haven't ran out of amazing ideas yet, everyone!

I thought what Chris once said in an interview was this "story of O", that O is a form that is complete onto itself like a person, who does not need to keep looking for a missing piece cause they are already complete onto themselves or something.

But I like your theory as well, [uSER=101247]@diogo_sg[/uSER], and it makes sense too !

In other news, I'll never understand why Coldplay's and mine likes when it comes to X&Y are diametrally opposite (TKC and SITS are my two least favorite songs from the album) but it was great that they at least played another song from that unfairly forgotten album !

• Like 3

I thought what Chris once said in an interview was this "story of O", that O is a form that is complete onto itself like a person, who does not need to keep looking for a missing piece cause they are already complete onto themselves or something.

But I like your theory as well, [uSER=101247]@diogo_sg[/uSER], and it makes sense too !

Chris talked about it in the Zane Lowe interview.

I think it was based on "The missing piece meets the big O" from Shell Silverstein.

It's a beautiful animation, you should look it up on Youtube. [emoji4]

• Like 3

In other news, I'll never understand why Coldplay's and mine likes when it comes to X&Y are diametrally opposite (TKC and SITS are my two least favorite songs from the album) but it was great that they at least played another song from that unfairly forgotten album !

Interesting. Wasn't around in the Coldplay world at that time so I don't really remember. But interesting, I seen someone mention it was really sweet thing up above. Going to have to check it out :)

Funny that that's the case with you and them and that album. Too sad they're playing the ones you don't like. But on the bright side they're playing more lesser known songs now, especially one from that album that should be more recognized by them :)

• Like 1

Interesting. Wasn't around in the Coldplay world at that time so I don't really remember. But interesting, I seen someone mention it was really sweet thing up above. Going to have to check it out :)

Funny that that's the case with you and them and that album. Too sad they're playing the ones you don't like. But on the bright side they're playing more lesser known songs now, especially one from that album that should be more recognized by them :)

In the next link you can read one of the interviews from the Ghost Stories era where Chris talks about "O" and the whole album. It’s a long interview but it's so worth reading it. It’s one of my favorite interviews from that era.

https://www.coldplaying.com/ultimate-ghost-stories-walkthrough-chris-martin/

• Like 1