✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Getting caught up in the 16 Personalities stuff. Here are my guesses what the band are. I don't know them personally but read Matt's great book and am guessing based on the things I've heard.

Chris: ENFP-T

Johnny: ESFJ-A

Will: ESTP-A

Guy: ISFP or ISTP-A

Phil: ESTJ-A

My wild guesses, Phil's based mostly on role, Guy's on his willingness to challenge Chris, varied interests outside music but uncertain due to collecting fast cars, LOL! Johnny based on steadiness, congeniality, ability to get along with everyone and Will on playing multiple instruments and interest in sports (re-charging around people, like Johhny, and past thrill-seeking behavior).

What does everyone else think? Would love to hear things I don't know about them that would suggest different styles. This is fun!! I geek-out on assessments!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh. I'm into this stuff too. I'm an ISFJ, but that's not the point lol.

I always felt Chris was an ENFx. Not sure about the J or P, which depends on whether he's an Fe or Ne dominant. Something about his "magnetism" and focus on others seems like an Fe dominant (which would mean ENFJ) but I could be wrong. He's highly intuitive definitely. He just seems to love people and interacting with them. The way his lyrics could come off as talking to the collective could also be an indicator.

Jonny comes off as pretty ISFJ (or maybe even a little P-ish) in my opinion, I don't know as much about him, but he definitely has a laid back/ reserved side. I agree he seems like a sensitive, courteous individual, one that stays out of people's ways and is focused more on family and others around him.

Guy initially comes off as an ISFP to me, but I even think he could be just a quirky ISFJ. The way he stands up to Chris( like iamsue said) and expresses himself seems like he has a highly individualistic side. I am aware that he made the decision to drop out of college to join the band (unless I'm wrong), which seems like really risky business if he or his family had a plan, so he seems... open.

As for Will, the self conscious, reliable one, seems like an ESFJ or maybe a TJ for the most part. He seems like Jonny in certain ways, but his "anchor-ish" role in the band and his somewhat serious nature seems like the responsible ESFJ. He also seems quite outspoken in my eyes and speaks a lot for the band when Chris can't.

I honestly don't know squat about Phil's demeanor.

I've been into this theory for quite a while lol but I still don't fully understand it

• Like 5

Here you go! I am not the best at taking pictures but I think you can see them.The words are on the side. I think I mainly bought them because of what they have written on them :P

Thanks, Hedwig! What a find! I love them.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Oh. I'm into this stuff too. I'm an ISFJ, but that's not the point lol.

I always felt Chris was an ENFx. Not sure about the J or P, which depends on whether he's an Fe or Ne dominant. Something about his "magnetism" and focus on others seems like an Fe dominant (which would mean ENFJ) but I could be wrong. He's highly intuitive definitely. He just seems to love people and interacting with them. The way his lyrics could come off as talking to the collective could also be an indicator.

Jonny comes off as pretty ISFJ (or maybe even a little P-ish) in my opinion, I don't know as much about him, but he definitely has a laid back/ reserved side. I agree he seems like a sensitive, courteous individual, one that stays out of people's ways and is focused more on family and others around him.

Guy initially comes off as an ISFP to me, but I even think he could be just a quirky ISFJ. The way he stands up to Chris( like iamsue said) and expresses himself seems like he has a highly individualistic side. I am aware that he made the decision to drop out of college to join the band (unless I'm wrong), which seems like really risky business if he or his family had a plan, so he seems... open.

As for Will, the self conscious, reliable one, seems like an ESFJ or maybe a TJ for the most part. He seems like Jonny in certain ways, but his "anchor-ish" role in the band and his somewhat serious nature seems like the responsible ESFJ. He also seems quite outspoken in my eyes and speaks a lot for the band when Chris can't.

I honestly don't know squat about Phil's demeanor.

I've been into this theory for quite a while lol but I still don't fully understand it

Draco, now I want to go back and take another look based on your feedback! It is very well-reasoned. My biggest surprise was hearing that Will is self-conscious. That would probably make him more of -T, not -A, like I thought. This 16 Personalities theory holds that the last -letter (A or T) is what underpins the rest of it. I was torn on Chris, because he clearly was much more neurotic in the past, being more self-conscious than self-confident. But now he seems much less wrapped up in what others think, so more "A" than "T". I've never been good on those middle letter combinations like you are either, and this one works a bit differently than the MBTI that I'm used to.

Perhaps you and I can PM more about this. I don't want to bore others if this isn't a big interest. Or we can start another thread! Glad someone else finds this stuff so much fun!

• Like 1

Draco, now I want to go back and take another look based on your feedback! It is very well-reasoned. My biggest surprise was hearing that Will is self-conscious. That would probably make him more of -T, not -A, like I thought. This 16 Personalities theory holds that the last -letter (A or T) is what underpins the rest of it. I was torn on Chris, because he clearly was much more neurotic in the past, being more self-conscious than self-confident. But now he seems much less wrapped up in what others think, so more "A" than "T". I've never been good on those middle letter combinations like you are either, and this one works a bit differently than the MBTI that I'm used to.

Perhaps you and I can PM more about this. I don't want to bore others if this isn't a big interest. Or we can start another thread! Glad someone else finds this stuff so much fun!

Nooo plz don't PM, make a new thread if anything, I'm actually quite interested in reading about this but I know little about it myself lol :P Maybe one day I'll look more into it.

• Like 4

i agree that a thread about it would be super cool

but also i just want to say that is a great avatar you have @cp3176 ;)

Thanks, I was waiting for someone to comment on that! :P

I figured it was the new year and I'd had my previous one for a while so I decided to switch it up. I really liked that one too..

• Like 2

I'm listening to BBC radio 1 with Ed Sheeran co-hosting the show and he was asked to choose between Emily Sande and Coldplay for the next song, and guess what he chose?.... Emily Sande! I can't believe it, I hate him, well not really but I'd love to listen to a Coldplay song instead

• Like 1

my friend posted on FB that he's stuck in an airport right now because his flight was delayed due to the snow - but he told me that they were playing Paradise :cheesy:

i love having vicarious Coldplay moments through my friends and family :p

Haha same! Yesterday, my mom told me that one of the things she was working on at work had the name Christopher Martin on it!

Awesome! These posts reminded me to my mom showing a random article that appeared on her news feed about Chris Martin. I don't remember what it was about, but it had a lovely pic :)

• Like 1

I was thinking about how we spend the most part of our lives dreaming about something. We dream about things we did as well as we dream about things we're going to do, or about things we'd love to do. The thing is, sometimes we get lost in our own dreams and sometimes they feel more real than the real life. We even enjoy more a dream than a real moment, don't you think?

I came to this idea when I was thinking about the only CP concert I went to. Since that amazing day, I have thought about it so many times and I have watched so many videos of that night over and over that definitely I can say I have spent more hours enjoying the memory than living it. I am also still dreaming about going to another concert, which is something unlikely right now, but anyways that dream comes to my mind so often that definitely forms part of my daily life. We spend more time dreaming about doing something than actually doing it...

That wonderful night happened so fast that sometimes I doubt if I was really there or not... but my memories and my dreams remind me that yes, I went to a CP concert. Maybe life is just that simple: we live and then we remember what we have lived, so then we can dream about living something even better.

Don't know if I have expressed myself properly, but hope you guys understand what I mean haha I needed to share these thoughts with you! :)

• Like 8

I was thinking about how we spend the most part of our lives dreaming about something. We dream about things we did as well as we dream about things we're going to do, or about things we'd love to do. The thing is, sometimes we get lost in our own dreams and sometimes they feel more real than the real life. We even enjoy more a dream than a real moment, don't you think?

I came to this idea when I was thinking about the only CP concert I went to. Since that amazing day, I have thought about it so many times and I have watched so many videos of that night over and over that definitely I can say I have spent more hours enjoying the memory than living it. I am also still dreaming about going to another concert, which is something unlikely right now, but anyways that dream comes to my mind so often that definitely forms part of my daily life. We spend more time dreaming about doing something than actually doing it...

That wonderful night happened so fast that sometimes I doubt if I was really there or not... but my memories and my dreams remind me that yes, I went to a CP concert. Maybe life is just that simple: we live and then we remember what we have lived, so then we can dream about living something even better.

Don't know if I have expressed myself properly, but hope you guys understand what I mean haha I needed to share these thoughts with you! :)

Great post! In-depth, flows well and is clear. It lets me explore my own thoughts on the matter. Wish I'd see more stuff like this :)

• Like 2

i completely agree with you on this. my first Coldplay concert was eight and a half years ago now, and sometimes i still think back on it and can't believe that it happened. i was front row for C-stage and the interaction i had with Chris is something i'll never forget - and even being front row for my MX concert hasn't overshadowed that first experience. i feel like probably twenty, thirty years from now these things will still be in my head so clearly. so one thing i like to do is not only watch back the videos from those days (whether they're ones i took or other people took) but to talk to other people about those days, of course then i end up bothering my friends and family because i won't shut up about it no matter how much time has passed :P

• Like 3

Start a thread start a thread start a thread

And the T vs A thing was never something I really focused on further researching this. It is a subcategory in personality but function theory seems to go a little more in depth for me personally. And yeah I agree about Chris. And I figured that Will was a bit self conscious because I remember reading an interview with him in a magazine, and when he talked about his drumming experiences I believe he claimed that he used to be worried about what others thought in terms of his drumming mainly. But just knowing him I wouldn't be too surprised if he was even a little bit worried about his appearance, a lot of people are often the same way. He's probably a lot more confident nowadays but still... I can relate lol

• Like 1