✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

i think maybe my brain is in an analytical mood right now, because i'm writing something for one of my classes, but

i was thinking about the song Time by Pink Floyd (which is a great song) and how the last verse, whose vocals are quiet different from all the other verses and choruses, begins with these words: "home, home again"

and of course then i thought about Clocks by Coldplay (which is also a great song) and how what you could maybe consider the last verse of that song, which is vocally different from the rest of the song, begins with: "home, home, where I wanted to go"

some interesting parallels. and then i also found this video:

so i guess that's all kinda interesting :P

• Like 4

i think maybe my brain is in an analytical mood right now, because i'm writing something for one of my classes, but

i was thinking about the song Time by Pink Floyd (which is a great song) and how the last verse, whose vocals are quiet different from all the other verses and choruses, begins with these words: "home, home again"

and of course then i thought about Clocks by Coldplay (which is also a great song) and how what you could maybe consider the last verse of that song, which is vocally different from the rest of the song, begins with: "home, home, where I wanted to go"

some interesting parallels. and then i also found this video:

so i guess that's all kinda interesting :p

I don't think there is that much similarity between Time (yeah great song, PF in general made lots of great music !) and Clocks, to be honest, but the melody of Time for sure wound its way into Chris's brain - listen here, starting at 0:10 the melody is almost exactly the same:

• Like 1

I don't think there is that much similarity between Time (yeah great song, PF in general made lots of great music !) and Clocks, to be honest, but the melody of Time for sure wound its way into Chris's brain - listen here, starting at 0:10 the melody is almost exactly the same:

oh wow! i don't think i've listened to the VLV demos since i first really started listening to Time. Chris must have been listening to a lot of PF around then with the Wish You Were Here similarity in PM also. i think i remember an interview around 2008 (w/Ben Jones, maybe?) where he was talking about how he'll listen to an entire album when he runs and that the last one he had listened to was Dark Side of the Moon.

and you're absolutely right that other than the names and using the word "home", there is basically nothing tying those two songs together :P

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg

I managed to get a friend of mine into Coldplay!!! She just texted me some lines from Spies, her favourite CP song! Friendship goals... [emoji1][emoji1]

Just came across a Coldplay reference in a news article/comment I was reading.

http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/gesellschaft/zustand-der-welt-mit-pistolen-auf-eisberge-schiessen-kolumne-a-1130766.html (in German)

The sentence is basically saying that it was good times still when people only hated each other because of the wrong music (Coldplay). :D

• Like 4

[MEDIA=twitter]823274982985830400[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/823274982985830400

When Chris tweets about The Chainsmokers' album that is coming out...

What about Kaleidoscope EP Chris?

Is it harsh to say that The Chainsmokers' are not only the blandest most derivative form of EDM pop on the market but also very, very crappy young men? Closer is catchy, but there is a string of evidence that these guys are really crude and sexist.

Still anxious to hear a Chris collab--someone with a real voice and talent might help them.

• Like 4

So today I was having a very trying lunch with my mom, who has dementia and was making no sense. I was losing my patience a little, thinking she seemed even more lost than usual. Then I heard...you guessed it...Lost on the restaurant's music feed! Instant mood brightener!!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

• Like 9

[emoji23][emoji23]

@lennyrott1, here's the thing: I'll openly admit that as a fan of Chainsmokers music. If I like a song I'll like it regardless of how poppy or mainstream it may sound. But I won't be a blind follower and say that it's super artistic or anything, heck no. I appreciate content that is deeper and more artistic much more than things like that. And I also get the wrong vibe from these guys, it seemed harmless at first but I don't know, now they've gotten cocky and there's something about them, I don't know. For some reason I can't explain...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 1

Is it harsh to say that The Chainsmokers' are not only the blandest most derivative form of EDM pop on the market but also very, very crappy young men? Closer is catchy, but there is a string of evidence that these guys are really crude and sexist.

Still anxious to hear a Chris collab--someone with a real voice and talent might help them.

I read up a bit on The Chainsmokers and I agree with you. Don't know why Chris collaborates with people like that who are so openly sexist or offensive... :-/

Chris, you are better and can do better !

I added them on snapchat. They recorded themselves taking a sh*t and used it in one of their songs as a snare sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk