✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

I couldn’t have asked for a better first song of 2017....A Head Full of Dreams!!

I kind of have AHFOD as my first song of 2017. My father played on YouTube some classic songs by Stevie Wonder, George Michael, and some others I can't remember now and I asked him to include AHFOD. The reasons are I saw Coldplay for the first time on 2016 and my head is full of dreams :)

• Like 3

After spending an eventful week with my family, I am finally back.

I am wishing you all a Happy New Year!

May all you wishes and dreams come true.

But I'm not only celebrating the new year today.

I just realized that it's been exactly been 6 months since I saw CP live for the first time.

The emptiness after the concert lead me to this wonderful forum where I was lucky enough to meet you all!

I'd like to thank you all for just being you and I'm looking forward to another wonderful year!

• Like 8

I heard AHFOD (Charlie Chaplins speech in the Dictator) and Adventure Of A Lifetime first this year...! First at 12am...

How you may ask well I was watching the live stream last night on periscope and the speech just started and the xylobands glowing red which was so beautiful at the same time the minute the clock struck twelve am Adventure of a lifetime started it was the perfect start to an amazing year!

• Like 2

Jan 1st. 2017

[ATTACH]6538[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]6539[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]6540[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]6537[/ATTACH]

Got my year off to a good start - updated my Coldplay Corner to include the fab gifts I received from my kind Secret Santas .

It's so beautiful!!!!

Thank you soo much!

Your the sweetest!

I'm in tears!

Hello everyone. To be honest, I'm not very good in telling things in a little story that I would love to say to you, but I will try my best and I'll give it a chance :)

It's really one of the best decisions I have ever made to come and join Coldplaying. I'm also grateful that I have met so many great people here on the forums that are Coldplayers like the best I could ever imagine.

I think that we've really created a connection between all of us which we should have forever, and I was just thinking how great it would be to meet you all in real life! It would be very awesome 2thumbsup.gif

And of course I want to wish all of you a very happy new year !!!!! :party:

Thank you all for being the best Coldplayers in the world heart.gif

And here, I just wanna stay, forever here, forever here.....

• Like 16

Hello everyone. To be honest, I'm not very good in telling things in a little story that I would love to say to you, but I will try my best and I'll give it a chance :)

It's really one of the best decisions I have ever made to come and join Coldplaying. I'm also grateful that I have met so many great people here on the forums that are Coldplayers like the best I could ever imagine.

I think that we've really created a connection between all of us which we should have forever, and I was just thinking how great it would be to meet you all in real life! It would be very awesome 2thumbsup.gif

You nail it! These are beautiful words!

• Like 2

I think I understood a Coldplay line I hadn't really grasped for the first time today. Sorry, long post ahead !

See, I have this difficult person in my life who I really care a lot about, but who always causes me pain because this person carelessly tramples on people's feelings including mine and always picks fights with me...

After another pointless conflict yesterday (worst NYE ever, thanks a lot for that final kick, 2016) that fortunately got resolved today, I thought: what if next time a conflict arises, you just react paradoxically. Instead being in the role of the antagonist to this person and hence reacting in a predictable way, just react with the opposite: by staying calm and showing love, such as smiling, giving a hug or something. I know that takes a lot of self-restraint if the other person provokes you, but I am sure this attitude can be learned. And maybe eventually this reaction will leave an impression on the other person and calm down this person too.

And as I thought about my new strategy, I suddenly thought of that line: "My heart is my gun." I didn't like this line from Army of One before because I think I misinterpreted it and it sounded a bit violent to me, but today I think I first grasped what Chris meant to say. You can actually fight back by showing and giving love and kindness. My heart is my gun.

• Like 14

I think I understood a Coldplay line I hadn't really grasped for the first time today. Sorry, long post ahead !

See, I have this difficult person in my life who I really care a lot about, but who always causes me pain because this person carelessly tramples on people's feelings including mine and always picks fights with me...

After another pointless conflict yesterday (worst NYE ever, thanks a lot for that final kick, 2016) that fortunately got resolved today, I thought: what if next time a conflict arises, you just react paradoxically. Instead being in the role of the antagonist to this person and hence reacting in a predictable way, just react with the opposite: by staying calm and showing love, such as smiling, giving a hug or something. I know that takes a lot of self-restraint if the other person provokes you, but I am sure this attitude can be learned. And maybe eventually this reaction will leave an impression on the other person and calm down this person too.

And as I thought about my new strategy, I suddenly thought of that line: "My heart is my gun." I didn't like this line from Army of One before because I think I misinterpreted it and it sounded a bit violent to me, but today I think I first grasped what Chris meant to say. You can actually fight back by showing and giving love and kindness. My heart is my gun.

I love your interpretation and strategy. I didn't think on the meaning behind that line, maybe I thought something similar to your first interpretation. But, knowing Chris' recent perspective of life I agree with what you just said.

• Like 2

You use your heart as a weapon. And it hurts like...

HEAVEN!!

It's ridiculous but true.

• Like 11

Yes exactly. When it comes down to it, the most powerful thing you can show someone is that, despite anything you will still show love and kindness towards that person. I definitely think that, that approach is worth a shot. But idk some people somehow enjoy conflict in their own way despite what you try and do to stop it.

• Like 4

Gideon_Mx, you sell your communication abilities very short! Like @alisbe said, you nailed it!!These words you wrote expressed something I haven't been able to. We do truly have this family here that is safe to come home to when we are feeling low and the people we just have to share our good news with. We lift each other up by celebrating what Coldplay has given us - a joy and inspiration like no other. This isn't just another online forum. It's a home. Thanks for saying it best, Gideon_Mx![emoji7]

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

HEAVEN!!

Armed with HEART, we disarm those who come at us with their own anger and pain. As my late friend said, try to understand the source of their pain, instead of responding in kind with anger. @I ran away, thanks for sharing your important realization so we can all learn from it. Let us know how it goes...

• Like 3

HEAVEN!!

i was thinking the same thing as @guy42 :D

Gideon_Mx, you sell your communication abilities very short! Like @alisbe said, you nailed it!!These words you wrote expressed something I haven't been able to. We do truly have this family here that is safe to come home to when we are feeling low and the people we just have to share our good news with. We lift each other up by celebrating what Coldplay has given us - a joy and inspiration like no other. This isn't just another online forum. It's a home. Thanks for saying it best, Gideon_Mx![emoji7]

Oh, really?! I think it was worth trying my best for it then!

But thank you so much, it means a lot to me :)

• Like 1

Is there something wrong with me that I keep getting so many Coldceptions? :D

A few day ago I was scrolling through my German teacher's facebook profile and I discovered that she really likes Coldplay - she even saw them live in 2012 [emoji15]

That's why I decided to mention Coldplay in my homework and I can't wait to see her reaction [emoji14]

I have a friend that likes bands like Depeche Mode, Rammstein, Laibach and she didn't use to like Coldplay. I told her to listen to Politik and she liked it so much that she bought the whole album [emoji1] .

When I visited her two days ago, we were playing around with a piano and she suddenly started playing Politik! What am I doing to my friends [emoji23]

• Like 11

Is there something wrong with me that I keep getting so many Coldceptions? :D

A few day ago I was scrolling through my German teacher's facebook profile and I discovered that she really likes Coldplay - she even saw them live in 2012 [emoji15]

That's why I decided to mention Coldplay in my homework and I can't wait to see her reaction [emoji14]

I have a friend that likes bands like Depeche Mode, Rammstein, Laibach and she didn't use to like Coldplay. I told her to listen to Politik and she liked it so much that she bought the whole album [emoji1] .

When I visited her two days ago, we were playing around with a piano and she suddenly started playing Politik! What am I doing to my friends [emoji23]

You're poisoning them.

With love.

• Like 3

Guest diogo_sg
Today is one of our members birthday!

Happy Birthday Sarah!! @coolvivalavidafan ! She is so sweet , kind and so funny !

She loves Chris soooo much!

Have an amazing day and an incredible year ahead!! @coolvivalavidafan

Thank you so much for being so kind and so sweet!! Sarah !! :D

Love,

Shreya

Happy birthday, Sarah!! (@coolvivalavidafan)

Have an awesome day [emoji1]

Today is one of our members birthday!

Happy Birthday Sarah!! @coolvivalavidafan ! She is so sweet , kind and so funny !

She loves Chris soooo much!

Have an amazing day and an incredible year ahead!! @coolvivalavidafan

Thank you so much for being so kind and so sweet!! Sarah !! :D

Love,

Shreya

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Happy birthday @coolvivalavidafan have an Amazing Day!!!!!! :party::party::party:

• Like 3