✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Had this amazing vision the other day. Imagine it's the very last show of the tour in Argentina, Up&Up just finished and the band takes their final bows. But then, Chris heads back to his piano and the rest of the band take their spots. The crowd quiets down, and suddenly they play this:

And there's a huge fireworks show when the song picks up. I think it would be an awesome and emotional way to end the era, especially with Chris singing "In the end there's only us, oh my friend there's only love". It kind of "completes the circle" and sums up the whole journey of the band from Parachutes to now. Just a crazy vision I had, but it gives me goosebumps thinking about it.

• Like 4

Had this amazing vision the other day. Imagine it's the very last show of the tour in Argentina, Up&Up just finished and the band takes their final bows. But then, Chris heads back to his piano and the rest of the band take their spots. The crowd quiets down, and suddenly they play this:

And there's a huge fireworks show when the song picks up. I think it would be an awesome and emotional way to end the era, especially with Chris singing "In the end there's only us, oh my friend there's only love". It kind of "completes the circle" and sums up the whole journey of the band from Parachutes to now. Just a crazy vision I had, but it gives me goosebumps thinking about it.

I wish that they playing this again, and everything's not lost too

• Like 2

Jazz [emoji654] We Never Change

EDM [emoji654] A Sky Full Of Stars

Pop [emoji654] Princess Of China

RnB [emoji654] Hymn For The Weekend

Rock [emoji654] God Put A Smile

Art Rock [emoji654] Viva La Vida

Hip Hop [emoji654] Lost+

Rap [emoji654] Miracles (Someone Special)

Ambient [emoji654] Midnight

Alternative Rock [emoji654] A L I E N S

Funk [emoji654] Adventure Of A Lifetime

Trap [emoji654] X Marks The Spot

Indie [emoji654] Brothers And Sisters

Country [emoji654] Death Will Never Conquer

Brit Pop [emoji654] In My Place

Classical [emoji654] Postcards From Far Away

Ballad [emoji654] Hardest Part

• Like 4

Can we talk about the elephant in the room:

This forum has been more dead than alive over the last few weeks. WHERE IS EVERYONE ?

yeah, better get used to this, as another Coldplay offseason is just around the corner. What else do we have to look forward to before the end of the LP7 era?

-final leg of the tour starts in Brazil on Nov 7

-SA leg ends on the 15th of Nov in Argentina

-AHFOD Tour DVD/CD

-maybe a Christmas surprise of some sort?

-maybe Life is Beautiful studio version?

Past that, the next time the forum is alive again is for LP8. As soon as the last gig is up, someone is gonna post the LP8 thread and we'll all be livin' in it. I look forward to the LP8 facts thread after the LP7 one went so well for me last time.

• Like 3

yeah, better get used to this, as another Coldplay offseason is just around the corner. What else do we have to look forward to before the end of the LP7 era?

-final leg of the tour starts in Brazil on Nov 7

-SA leg ends on the 15th of Nov in Argentina

-AHFOD Tour DVD/CD

-maybe a Christmas surprise of some sort?

-maybe Life is Beautiful studio version?

Past that, the next time the forum is alive again is for LP8. As soon as the last gig is up, someone is gonna post the LP8 thread and we'll all be livin' in it. I look forward to the LP8 facts thread after the LP7 one went so well for me last time.

Yes but I somewhat remember that the period leading up to LP7 was full of elimination games and riddles and all that stuff. Granted, there was already a LP7 thread for speculations, so maybe it's a little bit too early for this kind of activity. Hopefully soon.

Yes but I somewhat remember that the period leading up to LP7 was full of elimination games and riddles and all that stuff. Granted, there was already a LP7 thread for speculations, so maybe it's a little bit too early for this kind of activity. Hopefully soon.

I just think that after all this they've gonna some break time I don't know for how much time, because will said in the interview: "yes he always said that but then one week he could surprise us and coming to us and say: I got a new stuff or a new material, let's work"

I would love for them to take a break, for their own health and possibly to help heighten the quality of LP8. The boys are aging, and while they're relatively fit, Chris bouncing around night after night can't be good. I hate to play this card, but he can't even sing Clocks anymore : /

That being said, we expected them to take a break every era, and they've never really done it. Perhaps it was because they were on the right side of 40 before, but maybe it'll be different now that the big 4-0 is here.

But Chris is clearly the type of artist to always have music 'sent' to him. He isn't gonna turn that off or ignore a good song just because they're on break.

Bottom line: do I think they should take a break? Yes. Do I think they will? No.

• Like 5

Much as it pains me to say that, I actually think a longer hiatus of a few years would be quite helpful for their musical quality. I thought that when AHFOD was out. Now of course Kaleidoscope EP was already a step in the right direction and shows that great song can come during touring as well (at least AICTAIY and Hypnotised, I'm not sure if we can count A L I E N S because it has roots on an older Era and I don't know how much input this song actually still had to get in ths Era).

Chris has hinted at trying other formats of music release and not necessarily thinking in terms of albums. I actually hope they don't go that way. Single songs and EPs are good but I actually prefer listening to complete albums, especially when they are well done and have a great flow (AROBTH...) the whole is so much more than the sum of its parts.

• Like 2

I'm sure the guys will take a break for a good bit, they do have families after all. But i'm sure they have plenty of material and ideas by now to go into round 8 if they want to.

My guess is they'll agree to take a decent break, but then everyone will have the itch to get going again sooner rather than later.

I would LOVE if they did something structured similar to Ghost Stories again. They don't have to go on an all out, massive, 2 year touring album. Something more acoustic, organic, intimate and emotional again would be great.

My ultimate dream though would be for them to hook up with Eno again. Please, for the love of god, ditch Stargate. And the Chainsmokers.

• Like 3

I'm sure the guys will take a break for a good bit, they do have families after all. But i'm sure they have plenty of material and ideas by now to go into round 8 if they want to.

My guess is they'll agree to take a decent break, but then everyone will have the itch to get going again sooner rather than later.

I would LOVE if they did something structured similar to Ghost Stories again. They don't have to go on an all out, massive, 2 year touring album. Something more acoustic, organic, intimate and emotional again would be great.

My ultimate dream though would be for them to hook up with Eno again. Please, for the love of god, ditch Stargate. And the Chainsmokers.

Could not have put it better. To add, I think the special part of Coldplaying is the comraderie and friendships we make bonding over the band. It is about much more than Coldplay. We need to keep coming here during era breaks to keep up that connection. I think losing that is something some may fear or anticipate being a letdown, if we're honest about it. It isn't just the break from the music.

I agree with you, @jc90, that we all have other hobbies. We all have responsibilities. Taking a break from Coldplaying, or anything, sometimes is healthy. I just hope we all come back and meet up here from time to time. I want to know that everyone I've built friendships with here is still out there and doing ok. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I do hope they take a well deserved long break after their biggest tour ever. Chris voice needs it. To be honest I'm usually not very active in between eras because life obligations but I certainly plan to be active on the LP8 thread and whatever the guys are up to during that time. Even though the setlist seems to be on autopilot at this point, wish I could have secured a ticket for one of the South American concerts. Would have been a nice way to say goodbye to a sort of bittersweet era.

• Like 1

According to this French Celebrity Tracker Coldplay are in studio with in Paris with a soccer player I've never heard of. No signs of slowing down it looks like. Could this be confirming the theory that LiB is for World Cup?

[MEDIA=twitter]919984225323012096[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/celebsinparis/status/919984225323012096

Saw that too on Twitter and looked him up because I had heard the name before but couldn't place it. A Belgian football player who plays in England. The World Cup is in Russia next year, I doubt it is related in any way.

And honestly I think if this Paris studio thing is true (no proof yet !) it would be for mixing the live DVD/album, large parts of which were recorded in Paris after all. There is no reason whatsoever for them to travel to Paris to mix Life is Beautiful.

• Like 1

Saw that too on Twitter and looked him up because I had heard the name before but couldn't place it. A Belgian football player who plays in England. The World Cup is in Russia next year, I doubt it is related in any way.

And honestly I think if this Paris studio thing is true (no proof yet !) it would be for mixing the live DVD/album, large parts of which were recorded in Paris after all. There is no reason whatsoever for them to travel to Paris to mix Life is Beautiful.

Belgium has qualified for the World Cup, and Eden Hazard is a huge face of football so it's possible.

Either way, I really don't think the person in that snapchat picture is Eden Hazard.

• Like 2

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/astronaut-scott-kelly-on-coldplay-1508251063

Oct. 17, 2017 10:37 a.m. ET

Scott Kelly, 53, is a retired astronaut and veteran of four space flights, including a yearlong mission aboard theInternational Space Station. He is the author of the memoir “Endurance” (Knopf). He spoke with Marc Myers.

Ever since NASA’s Space Shuttle program ended in 2011, we depend on the Russians to launch us into space. On my final mission to the International Space Station in March 2015, we took off from Kazakhstan and returned there a year later. Coldplay’s “Speed of Sound” was with me.

Scott Kelly

I first heard “Speed of Sound” when it came out on Coldplay’s 2005 album, “X&Y.” The song spoke to me of space exploration and discovery. I began taking the song on missions in 2007, when I commanded the Endeavour Space Shuttle flight to the station. NASA provided the crew with iPods and favorite songs, though they were afraid we’d crank up the volume and damage our hearing.

“Speed of Sound” opens with a piano and synthesizer playing a riff that’s repeated throughout the song. Then the drums kick in and Chris Martin launches into his vocal. “Look up, I look up at night / Planets are moving at the speed of light.” The chorus puts flight and space in perspective: “All that noise, and all that sound / All those places I have found / And birds go flying at the speed of sound / To show you how it all began.”

On Saturdays, during my yearlong mission aboard the station in 2015, I’d get up early, go up into the station’s cupola—the seven-window observatory—and open the debris shutters. There, I’d listen to my iPod and look out at Earth. “Speed of Sound” combined the feeling of being weightless with motion and velocity. We were traveling at 17,500 mph, orbiting every 90 minutes.

From space, Earth’s color is the most beautiful blue you’ve ever seen. You don’t see political borders, just shapes of continents. Everyone appears to be part of the same country. The pollution over Asia is obvious. So is the devastation that loggers have done to Brazil’s rainforest. You get a sense that the planet needs protecting.

I retired from NASA in April 2016. Now, when I hear “Speed of Sound,” it takes me back to those days at the station—the teamwork and the challenge of doing something really complicated and risky. I miss space.

• Like 2