✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Thanks. I mean, its very possible it could different with others, but when I was younger, I was part of a handful of messageboards. Thats where I virtually hung out as a teen. Not to date myself, but I dont think the younger generation really knows of forums and torrents and stuff like that anymore. Things are just different, but it doesnt mean its bad

I find it really sad that our collective societal attention span has become so low. News and opinions are condensed into 280 characters, the book industry has gone towards shorter books that immediately jump right into the action...but often a nuanced news report or a complex opinion or a good story take time to unfold.

And a great song need not have its hook within the first five seconds, but sometimes takes its time to build up. People don't listen to entire albums anymore. Song doesn't grab us within the first five seconds ? Click, next....I could go on and on about it. The negative thing is that it inevitably leads to shallower but flashier content.

• Like 4

It's been a while since I've been on here. I'm a bit surprised how quiet this year has been on the band's part... I expected some more rumblings about the band performing next year or dropping an album next year. Next year will be 5 years since AHFOD (holy ****!!)

But it's really nice to see they've been recording together over the last year or so. I'd have to think that we will see things start to pick up a bit over the next couple months, now that the summer is over and kids are back at school and such.

Here's to hoping we get a new single, at the very least, before the year's end. And then an album in the middle of 2020 and a Glastonbury 50 performance and a tour after that! Wishful thinking? (Or maybe not) But I genuinely feel they have something special up their sleeves, which is why they are taking a lot of careful time (along with, of course, spending valuable extended time with family that they've never really had before). I can only imagine the amount of inspiration and ideas Chris has accumulated over the last few years...

I've really been trying to stop listening to the band for several months now so I'm not sick of the music when they do eventually come back and I have to listen to all 8 albums and EPs and b-sides on repeat...

• Like 9

Yeah, been a while since ive seen your user name.

Its funny, I was going to post something, but it was more relevant to the LP8 thread, so I posted there. But it adds on to what you're saying/feeling about wondering when the band is coming back.

• Like 1

Yeah, been a while since ive seen your user name.

Its funny, I was going to post something, but it was more relevant to the LP8 thread, so I posted there. But it adds on to what you're saying/feeling about wondering when the band is coming back.

Ah you're right, that was more of an LP8 post. I'm still orienting myself on the new site format having not been around much lol

But it's nice to see everyone is still lurking around. I'm sure everyone will be back in full force when the band is together and promoting again. I know I will be!

• Like 6

So last night I dreamed that I was at a work event and randomly Coldplay comes out on stage and does a Pearl Jam cover??? (song I couldn't place but somehow knew it was Pearl Jam) I was so stunned and star struck I didn't even try to get near the stage and then they were gone and I was sad I missed my chance. Then I speculated with coworkers if doing an alt rock cover meant the next album would be more in that direction. :joy:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

My friend, who lives in London, has to pass The Bakery on the bus three times a week. She's under strict instruction to report / photograph any activity she sees there. Latest photo showed NOTHING - all shut up and small barrier across parking spot.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1

My friend, who lives in London, has to pass The Bakery on the bus three times a week. She's under strict instruction to report / photograph any activity she sees there. Latest photo showed NOTHING - all shut up and small barrier across parking spot.

Has she seen anything else recently?