✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

The lineup of the musicians taking part in the Global Citizen festival in New York was announced. No Coldplay participation.

I had hoped they or at least Los Unidades would perform or contribute a song.

Their hiatus will perhaps never end.☹

I don't think Los Unidades was meant to be a live band, to be honest.

But don't worry, the hiatus will end, probably next year. It was always clear this hiatus was gonna be a longer one...

• Like 2

I'm just rewatching Glastonbury 2005 and my god, what an amazing concert that is. I had almost forgotten how great it is. Coldplay at their peak !

I'd give anything to be able to time travel back and see it live.

I really hope next album has the style like VLVODAAHF, the tour-size of AHFOD (or bigger ) and the performance quality like this GB 2005 had (and 2002). I feel like they performed with a lot emotion, which makes the songs sound better.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I was trying to reread this in a different light.

I know he's an avid reader and especially lately hes been more spiritual. Perhaps he felt something particularly touching that made him feel extra grateful for everything he's had so far and it came out via this tweet? Who really knows what this means or if there's some sort of hidden meaning.

I half regret posting that, but I guess coldplayers will see it sooner or later. Even though it still kinda sounds more ominous and sad than anything, I dont think the band is in danger of calling it quits if thats what some are saying. So what does he mean?

I'm not so worried about that last part, 'thankyou for reading the last few years, we are really grateful for you all'. Im slightly more anxious about 'last tweet for a while'. That could mean VERY good news or VERY bad news. Could mean they're really buckling down on production or they're going to go away for a very long time. Thats whats making me uneasy!

• Like 1

they're going to go away for a very long time.

That's how I Interpret this tweet. Normally Chris tweets once a month, which is not that often. Now the next tweet will perhaps come in six months or a year because Chris doesn't want their fans to wait for new music and be continuously disappointed. They probably haven't yet created a new song. Whst slso worries me is the fact that Chris has stopped working for Global Citizen. He signed up to curate the festival until 2030. It's all very strange.
  • Sad 1

That's how I Interpret this tweet. Normally Chris tweets once a month, which is not that often. Now the next tweet will perhaps come in six months or a year because Chris doesn't want their fans to wait for new music and be continuously disappointed. They probably haven't yet created a new song. Whst slso worries me is the fact that Chris has stopped working for Global Citizen. He signed up to curate the festival until 2030. It's all very strange.

I tend to agree, but what I don't get is...they've already been gone for a long time, so why kinda bring it up again? Like, its taking longer than they thought?!

• Like 1

How has he stopped working with global citizen? he was talking about them in June at an event

I don't think chris would casually just tweet something like that if it was really a goodbye. Likely they are just going to go away for a bit and not tweet until they have something to tweet about. Whether that is about new music or something else who knows. But probably nothing until next year at least

• Like 1

To clarify, I dont exactly believe either of the two main school of thought so far.

If he meant to say the band is over, he wouldnt do it in a tweet

But if he meant to say they're taking a break to work on the album, well, wasnt that assumed already. 'Last tweet in a while'? I mean, they're already not tweeting a lot to begin with, so why even say that?

ARGGG

How has he stopped working with global citizen? he was talking about them in June at an event

Was that in June this year?

In July this year Hugh Evans, the founder of global citizen, speaking about the Festival in New York 2019, introduced all the artists who would take part in the Festival and who collaborate with global citizen, and Chris was not among them. Several people then wrote that he had given up working for global citizen.

Judging from the latest pics of Chris, he just looks old, tired and worn out. He certainly needs a long rest, not only for a 'while'. Look at Guy on his instagram account, and you will see the difference. He is full of life and looks so young. I hope he will put all his energy not only in cars but also in making new music.

• Like 3

Was that in June this year?

In July this year Hugh Evans, the founder of global citizen, speaking about the Festival in New York 2019, introduced all the artists who would take part in the Festival and who collaborate with global citizen, and Chris was not among them. Several people then wrote that he had given up working for global citizen.

Judging from the latest pics of Chris, he just looks old, tired and worn out. He certainly needs a long rest, not only for a 'while'. Look at Guy on his instagram account, and you will see the difference. He is full of life and looks so young. I hope he will put all his energy not only in cars but also in making new music.

yes June this year he did a skype chat at a conference for cisco beat and was talking about their partnership with global citizen. Chris doesn't always get announced at these events. He wasn't announced last year at the new york event but seeing as his gf was people assumed he would be there and he was. He just did a bit of presenting and that was it. He doesn't always perform. You see a small portion of their lives and Chris hates getting papped and yes maybe he looked tired but he was travelling loads in the last few months so probably jet lag. He is now enjoying his summer holiday. As for Guy again he documents what he wants too on instagram on a very few minutes of a 24 hour day. And for the record chris looks great imo. You are comparing him to Guy who is active on social media. Maybe if Chris was it would be different but that will never happen.

• Like 2

just kinda wondering who in here would recognise me after being away for what feels like forever? :joy:

Welcome back !

The wording "last tweet in a while" did alarm me a little bit initially, but then I'm sure it doesn't mean anything to worry about. Knowing Chris, it might not mean anything at all. And we all knew what we were in for concerning this hiatus (the longest in their career)...

• Like 2

^ I will agree with you...

- Chris sometimes tends to ignore how the things he says and posts can affect the fanbase and tabloids.

- Band members have been seen multiple times in the same place in LA, London and Paris, so it's pretty much certain they are working on something.

- If the band decided to call it quits, it wouldn't happen that way and in with this timing... They could easily do it when AHFOD tour ended, or when the documentary came out.

- All other documents hint to a continuation of a different format

• Like 3