✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Is it just me or does every single person that's too "cool" to like Coldplay without totally hating them have a soft spot for Shiver

The creepiest song in their catalogue? I'm sure it's just a coincidence..

• Haha 8

"Out of context Chris Martin" strikes again

[MEDIA=twitter]1197409525445345280[/MEDIA]

View: https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1197409525445345280?s=19

But what really happened

[MEDIA=twitter]1197520952097214466[/MEDIA]

View: https://twitter.com/ColinGPaterson/status/1197520952097214466?s=19

[MEDIA=twitter]1197520954399825922[/MEDIA]

View: https://twitter.com/ColinGPaterson/status/1197520954399825922?s=19

Out of context Chris Martin continues. Pretty funny that the telegraph is getting called out by the journalist who did the profile!

[MEDIA=twitter]1198691636324245504[/MEDIA]

View: https://twitter.com/JonathanDean_/status/1198691636324245504

• Like 4

So, I'm watching Back to the Future and reading Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for the first time, and I just have to say that the band has some really great taste. Every dedicated Coldplayer should do this, because it's a really great way to get to know the band. I'm thinking of listening to A-ha more often as well, because Chris is a really big fan of them. Also, Guy is close friends with Magne F, a musician of that band and a member of Apparatjik. Is there anything else I should do to get to know the band better?

• Like 3

So, I'm watching Back to the Future and reading Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for the first time, and I just have to say that the band has some really great taste. Every dedicated Coldplayer should do this, because it's a really great way to get to know the band. I'm thinking of listening to A-ha more often as well, because Chris is a really big fan of them. Also, Guy is close friends with Magne F, a musician of that band and a member of Apparatjik. Is there anything else I should do to get to know the band better?

Maybe listen to some of their inspirations for each specific album? And Guy said they were really inspired by Mercury Rev's album Deserter's Songs as the band formed so I feel like it's an interesting listen to symbolize their first times together.

• Like 1

Echo & the Bunnymen were a huge inspiration for AROBTTH era Coldplay. Also, the new songs that were played during the last legs on the AROBTTH tour that didn't end up on X&Y almost all sound like Echo & the Bunnymen songs (minus the vocals). Which was probably one of the reasons why the first recording sessions for X&Y ended up being discarded. :p

• Like 3

The creepiest song in their catalogue? I'm sure it's just a coincidence..

Shiver was played during my wedding in the city hall. o_O

My sister popped in the Parachutes cd in the city hall sound system before the wedding. It sounded so cool they kept it on blasting at full volume during the entire ceremony. I couldn't hear a thing of what the mayor was saying, but it was pretty unique. :cool:

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Sooo this is my 100th comment - drum roll................I wanted to say something profound but am still devastated at not getting a ticket for the Natural History Musuem and following my head and not my heart to come down regardless (too painful to see without a ticket my heart said) Anyhow this is the best I could come up with - a little random thought. Do we know if the band or anyone in their orbit read or see the comments on this website? If so, Chris will you and the rest of the band please sign my copy of 'Safety'? I would be blown away to get it signed. :) And I already do but I will :heart: you even more if that is at all possible!

Here ends my 100th comment!

• Like 5

What other milestones should I aim for fellow Coldplayers?

I don't know if that makes sense, but a few I can think of would be:

- having something signed from the band

- being front row at a concert

- visiting the Bakery

- meeting and talking to the band in person

- 100K posts on Coldplaying :D

• Like 3

I don't know if that makes sense, but a few I can think of would be:

- having something signed from the band

- being front row at a concert

- visiting the Bakery

- meeting and talking to the band in person

- 100K posts on Coldplaying :D

Good suggestions. Visiting the Bakery was on my list if I did go to London on the 25th, but I didn't (heart and all that!) so I will save that for another time. I do have 2 things signed by the band - well one all the band and one by Chris alone and I have been at the front of the C stage at Cardiff so I suppose I am not doing too badly. 100K posts?? That will take some years! :) And as for meeting and chatting with them? Well see above - I would be truly happy then!

• Like 2

Has anyone else used the 'contact button on the Coldplay.com website? For some reason it is not working for me! :( When I hit 'send' on my message I get a response saying my message has not been sent. Has anyone else experienced this? Or as I have sent a message in the past have I used my one message. There does not seem to be an option to query this anywhere.

...this is just sad. I can't tell if this was meant to be a mostly lighthearted joke from Chris or a deeply personal comment on how the criticism does still hurt...

I think those comments about Glastonbury and about the Superbowl performance hurt Chris deeply. He always says that criticism doesn't get him, and normally it doesn't, but these remarks really hurt him. But it wasn't because of these Tweets that Coldplay doesn't play Glastonbury this year. They just weren't asked, because when the list of participants was published the organizers didn't yet know whether Coldplay had new music, as their 8th album hadn't been released.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Hi, the new era definitely had me excited for new music, but its also nice to see the forum kicking again. One of those things about the community im looking forward to are the Coldplaying awards. We havent had one last year, so looking forward to the 2019 ones!

Here's 2017's

https://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/coldplaying-awards-2017.111013/

Yes, pleeeaaaase let's have them again this year !! @Captain Crieff

• Like 1