✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

IMG_20190716_113207.thumb.jpg.56fe0675bd637632108f70ae9dabc07a.jpg

Hi, this is a random thread, so here:

THIS IS MY CAT AND HIS NAME IS CHRIS.

He absolutely loves Coldplay, he's 4 months old so I welcome him to the Coldplay fandom :yum

He sleeps through all the songs, and so you think he's asleep and he won't mind if you put on a different song of a different artist and then he either storms off the house or screams at you. He also likes the Coldplay pictures on my projects. And that's why he has the name Chris aswell!

(By "likes" I mean he likes tapping on. the boys' faces on the pictures, while also purring often. And the reason he likes the music is because he basically grew up with Coldplay because of me blasting them on my speakers all day.)

• Like 4

[ATTACH type=full" alt="9049]9049[/ATTACH]

Hi, this is a random thread, so here:

THIS IS MY CAT AND HIS NAME IS CHRIS.

He absolutely loves Coldplay, he's 4 months old so I welcome him to the Coldplay fandom :yum

He sleeps through all the songs, and so you think he's asleep and he won't mind if you put on a different song of a different artist and then he either storms off the house or screams at you. He also likes the Coldplay pictures on my projects. And that's why he has the name Chris aswell!

(By "likes" I mean he likes tapping on. the boys' faces on the pictures, while also purring often. And the reason he likes the music is because he basically grew up with Coldplay because of me blasting them on my speakers all day.)

He looks more like AROBTTH/X&Y Era Guy though to be honest :P

• Like 2

Had this thought a week or so ago:

You remember when Atlas came out and the band posted the lyrics here?

coldplay-atlas-hunger-games-lyrics.jpg

Notice at the very bottom there was a little ghost? No one thought anything of it at the time, but I remember a while after when Ghost Stories was released, someone here mentioned it was there, like the band were hinting it to us.

I havent been playing as close attention this 'offseason' but do you guys think we already have some clues from the band right under our noses somehow?

• Like 4

Notice at the very bottom there was a little ghost? No one thought anything of it at the time, but I remember a while after when Ghost Stories was released, someone here mentioned it was there, like the band were hinting it to us.

I havent been playing as close attention this 'offseason' but do you guys think we already have some clues from the band right under our noses somehow?

I was thinking about this too some time ago.... But I have no clue

• Like 1

I was thinking about this too some time ago.... But I have no clue

yeah, definitely more a hindsight 20/20 thing, but its exciting. Maybe the album is further along, but we just havent been told anything!

• Wow 1

Yeah they have done it in more than one ocassion. On top of my head is Chris revealing the "Viva La Vida" album title in a cryptic studio update video in december of 2007. So if they haven't already, they probably will at some point I think.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The festivities of Google Camp in Italy this year began with a concert by Chris, as reported by Fox Business. He seems to be performing all over the world. I do not understand why it is only Chris who is invited. Why dont they invite all members of Coldplay. Chris isn't singing new songs, just the classic Coldplay songs which all of them can play.

The festivities of Google Camp in Italy this year began with a concert by Chris, as reported by Fox Business. He seems to be performing all over the world. I do not understand why it is only Chris who is invited. Why dont they invite all members of Coldplay. Chris isn't singing new songs, just the classic Coldplay songs which all of them can play.

Maybe they did and the others did not wish to attend. I must admit I find these events rather distasteful as the attendees do not practice what they preach and I wish that Chris had not participated.

• Like 1

Maybe they did and the others did not wish to attend. I must admit I find these events rather distasteful as the attendees do not practice what they preach and I wish that Chris had not participated.

Yeah, same. I read an article that this was supposed to be a climate change-themed event but many of the attendees and guests flew in with their private jets (an estimated 114 landings) ! I dislike such events. And to be honest I'm generally not fond of Chris letting himself be booked by the super-super-rich to play for their amusement, to play on their weddings etc. That wedding of the Zara heiress for example...that money is based on the exploitation of poor workers in countries like India or Bangladesh :(

I'm really glad the band as a whole doesn't participate in such things.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

The lineup of the musicians taking part in the Global Citizen festival in New York was announced. No Coldplay participation.

I had hoped they or at least Los Unidades would perform or contribute a song.

Their hiatus will perhaps never end.☹

The lineup of the musicians taking part in the Global Citizen festival in New York was announced. No Coldplay participation.

I had hoped they or at least Los Unidades would perform or contribute a song.

Their hiatus will perhaps never end.☹

I don't think Los Unidades was meant to be a live band, to be honest.

But don't worry, the hiatus will end, probably next year. It was always clear this hiatus was gonna be a longer one...

• Like 2

I'm just rewatching Glastonbury 2005 and my god, what an amazing concert that is. I had almost forgotten how great it is. Coldplay at their peak !

I'd give anything to be able to time travel back and see it live.

I really hope next album has the style like VLVODAAHF, the tour-size of AHFOD (or bigger ) and the performance quality like this GB 2005 had (and 2002). I feel like they performed with a lot emotion, which makes the songs sound better.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...