✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

DEXTER

cavenow

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm finally gonna get to watch the most recent one tonight! FINALLY.

Edit: Oh my god, shit's goin' down! :awesome:

I just watched it and dang, it really does get more intense as it goes. Next week's looks crazy.

But now actually after watching this episode I can kinda get a sense for what Jade was talking about with Quinn. She must be psychic or something. :surprised: Cause it didn't seem likely at all until this episode, and then the was he acted in this one. :stunned:

Only 3 episodes left :o

I know, i can't believe how fast it's gone! :o

Dex was very touching saying (and meaning) 'i love you' to Astor

Yeah, that was very sweet. :nice:

Also, i love the way Dex sorted out Olivia's mum's asshole of a boyfriend who was beating her. :wacky:

Btw who else thinks Liddy is a total creep? :uhoh:

She's gonna be the one taking the fall for all these murders.. and dexter's just gonna keep on killing :P

shut *p, I only saw half of the last epi during lunch! :bomb: Gonna watch the rest tonight with Walking Dead :D (yeah, pretty glooming evening on perspective...)

I've never seen Dexter. Is it as violent and disturbing as most people say it is?:anxious:

Not really.... It's more disturbing on a psychologic level since you're getting 'attached' to a serial killer :uhoh2: But the killing scene are just as violent as what you can see on TV or movies...depends on how old you are...!

I've never seen Dexter. Is it as violent and disturbing as most people say it is?:anxious:

The show is essentially a serial killer's views on life. So it's a little ironic in that sense. It's great fun if you watch it without taking it too seriously.

Getting attached to a serial killer is a little weird, though haha

Not very exiciting :dozey:.
+1 The preview was great but it turns out :dozey: And I don't quite understand the blondie's reaction/relationship with Jordan Chase :inquisitive: She's a nuts?!! (speaking of Jordan, it's weird to see him play a psycho, I'm so used to see him play Jane Austen's shy characters -in Emma and Mansfield Park- :lol: )

Jack Bauer is 100 times more violent than Dexter is yet 24 was one of the biggest TV series of the decade but because he's a 'good guy' and saving The USA from evil terrorists it's acceptable for him to torture,maim and kill and he gets cheered on.

Deter is a serial killer that disposes of deserving people that have killed innocents, there are moments of violence but I wouldn't say it's excessive.

For fellow fans, I'm pretty certain this isn't going to be the last series now, I don't see how they could wrap it all up in 2 episodes.

I can't see Liddy surviving though.

+1 The preview was great but it turns out :dozey: And I don't quite understand the blondie's reaction/relationship with Jordan Chase :inquisitive: She's a nuts?!! (speaking of Jordan, it's weird to see him play a psycho, I'm so used to see him play Jane Austen's shy characters -in Emma and Mansfield Park- :lol: )

NOW YOU GET WHAT I MEANT A LOAD OF POSTS BACK?

From you guys say, I might just check out Dexter.;)

When I first heard this show was about a serial-killer-under-the-guise-of-a-blood-splatter-expert, I was thinking :sick:

Well there is a lot of fake blood, fake dead people, fake cut-off body parts, "gruesome" stuff like that, so if you can't stomach that kind of thing....

But it never really shows that stuff for very long at a time. Maybe a second or 2.

it used to be a lot more graphic in the first seasons. The fake bodyless heads from the first eps of this season were just too funny to watch..

And yes, S4 was a lot better than this one... but it's hard to come up with someone scarier than the Trinity killer and with last season's finale, the stakes are pretty high.

When I first heard this show was about a serial-killer-under-the-guise-of-a-blood-splatter-expert, I was thinking

It's a little more complicated than that. He only kills murderers .And all the interest of the show is to see how 'twisted' our morals can become...He's presented here as a serial killer, but replace his actions in Robin Hood and he's a hero... (I'm not saying it's a good thing). Add to that the theme of 'Is he born this way' or Has he become that'....So there is a real 'reflection' behind the story not just killing people.

And yes, S4 was a lot better than this one... but it's hard to come up with someone scarier than the Trinity killer and with last season's finale, the stakes are pretty high.

+1

But they should end the show, it's starting to repeat itself (Dex being suspected and investigated is SO S2.. :dozey: , the love affair with a 'psycho', again SO S2!!). They should let Deb find out and kill him.

Who knows what Deb would do? She takes her job very seriously...

I think when Dexter gets caught cause I mean...he'll get caught sooner or later I think...it'll be Deb who's first to find out. That would be an interesting turn of events.

The last episode was so stressful to watch. I was panicking at the prospect of someone catching him the entire time. D: